Telco regulator asked to review TRUE’s service charges and quality

webfact

screenshot_20962.jpg

Four members of the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC), Thailand’s broadcast and telecom regulator, have proposed that the commission consider the service charges and quality of True Corporation after the successful merger of Total Access Communications Company (DTAC) and True Corporation (TRUE) in March this year.

The commissioners say that they have received complaints from many subscribers that the quality of the mobile phone and internet services of TRUE have dropped, while the service charges have increased through changes to service packages.

As the NBTC is scheduled to meet this Wednesday, the four commissioners proposed that the service quality and charges of TRUE should be included in the meeting agenda, noting that the regulator is legally tasked with ensuring quality telecom services and fair service charges for consumers.

Full story: Thai PBS 2023-12-18

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The commissioners say that they have received complaints from many subscribers that the quality of the mobile phone and internet services of TRUE have dropped, while the service charges have increased through changes to service packages.

Seems normal....

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Nothing seems to have changed as far as I am concerned...... I do not use their mobile phone service but my internet and TV package remains the same price and works ok. 

I gave up wit TOT's rubbish service and snail paced internet about 3 years ago, went with AiS fibre network.. cheaper per month and no issues with speed or service.

• Thumbs Up 1

I used to buy a 1 year unlimited true internet sim for 1790 baht. That has in the last year increased to 2199 baht and there is nothing extra or different in the service.

But it is still cheaper than my home country so I am very pleased and thankful to Thai True and all other networks for providing good cost effective internet and calls.

• Confused 1

we had a problem with the Tv box, man came and changed it for a new one. They rang and said they could not accept the faulty one as it was not on their database, man came back with it and took the new one away. They told us to take it into the local office, we asked the local office and they did not want to know. Never went any further as yet.

The problems with internet are true (pun intended). I'll lose connection a few times a week, every week. To top it off, when I open a web browser i get a pop up message saying 'you need to enter password for network' when i click on the button, it directs me to an advert for true.... what a joke!