‘He’s dog-whistling’: Trump denounced over anti-immigrant comment

CharlieH

Just now, Bday Prang said:

Do lefties not believe in god ?  I can't say I've ever given the matter much thought ?  Anybody  with extreme religious views should be banned from voting, Along with those that refuse to accept that men are men  and cannot become women,  All nutters in my opinion and unfit to vote

They don't believe God sent Biden or anybody else. This is a level of fanaticism far beyond anything seen on the left.

4 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Do lefties not believe in god ?  I can't say I've ever given the matter much thought ?  Anybody  with extreme religious views should be banned from voting, Along with those that refuse to accept that men are men  and cannot become women,  All nutters in my opinion and unfit to vote

All the medical profession in the world believes knows that gender isn't binary. Another example of right wing extremism.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

I don't dispute there were a  few positive posts about his policies, and i did see yours  but trying to find them amongst the insults being thrown was something i gave up on

Well, if you have also read threads about Biden, you may also have noticed the large number of posts by Trump haters (about whom it seems you have no complaint). More generally, you may also have noticed that Trump is quote a hater himself, as his MAGA fans. Actually the essence of MAGA is hate and insults:  about political opponents, judges, prosecutors, witnesses, election officials LGBT, woke, blacks, foreigners, intellectuals etc... (I certainly forgot a few).

Unlike Biden haters, Trump haters don't need to continuously make up things. He is hated for what he is, and for what he has done or said. You may argue it's too easy as there's so much to criticize. I don't desagree that there's very little sport left in it! It's like hunting in a game farm! 😃

11 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

This guy was talking to you.

“If you can defend this, you can defend anything,” wrote Russell Moore, a theologian who is also the president of the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission (ERLC) of the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC), in an excoriating editorial to his fellow evangelicals about the breach of the Capitol. The intruders displayed Jesus Saves signs next to those calling for the hanging of Vice President Mike Pence and, once in the building, thanked God for the opportunity “to get rid of the communists, the globalists and the traitors” within the U.S. government. “If you can wave this away with ‘Well, what about …'” added Moore, “then where, at long last, is your limit?”

https://time.com/5932014/donald-trump-christian-supporters/

He was not talking to me, I've never even heard of him, but your hatred of anybody who disagrees with your views is very similar to the hatred expressed by the religious nutters  You can post as many links as you like you won't be converting me

Just now, Bday Prang said:

He was not talking to me, I've never even heard of him, but your hatred of anybody who disagrees with your views is very similar to the hatred expressed by the religious nutters  You can post as many links as you like you won't be converting me

Another example of right wing extremism and fanaticism might be the level the threats made against public figures who find against Trump. Such threats of violence are far in excess of anything the left serves up. The FBI considers the threat of right wing terrorism to be America's greatest domestic threat.

Yet another example might be the level of personal attacks made against lefties on this board compared to their counterparts on the left.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

All the medical profession in the world believes knows that gender isn't binary. Another example of right wing extremism.

"right wing extremism" i was expecting that sooner or later, 

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Another example of right wing extremism and fanaticism might be the level the threats made against public figures who find against Trump. Such threats of violence are far in excess of anything the left serves up. The FBI considers the threat of right wing terrorism to be America's greatest domestic threat.

Yet another example might be the level of personal attacks made against lefties on this board compared to their counterparts on the left.

followed by the victim card 

12 minutes ago, candide said:

Unlike Biden haters, Trump haters don't need to continuously make up things. He is hated for what he is, and for what he has done or said. You may argue it's too easy as there's so much to criticize. I don't desagree that there's very little sport left in it! It's like hunting in a game farm! 😃

Hated for what he has said mainly,  as opposed eo biden who is frequently laughed at.  

Just now, ozimoron said:

What victim card would that be? Easy to throw innuendo which you don't have to explain what you actually mean.

all the personal attacks that you lefty nutters have allegedly suffered on here,  you'll  have me crying soon

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

all the personal attacks that you lefty nutters have allegedly suffered on here,  you'll  have me crying soon

Do you deny that you just made one? Are people not entitled to freedom from personal attacks or are you defending calling those who push back against them "snowflakes"?

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Across the board and around the country, data reveals that threats against public officials have risen to unprecedented numbers — to the point where 83 percent of Americans are now concerned about risks of political violence in their country," wrote Beauchamp, noting that while the threats have come from every political persuasion, they are most prominent from the MAGA movement.

https://www.rawstory.com/threats-maga/

8 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Hated for what he has said mainly,  as opposed eo biden who is frequently laughed at.  

Said and done. Trump not frequently laughed at?

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

"Across the board and around the country, data reveals that threats against public officials have risen to unprecedented numbers — to the point where 83 percent of Americans are now concerned about risks of political violence in their country," wrote Beauchamp, noting that while the threats have come from every political persuasion, they are most prominent from the MAGA movement.

https://www.rawstory.com/threats-maga/

"They come from every political persuasion"  apparently ,  you are all as bad as each other, there are plenty of others to worry about too, It wasn't trump supporters who crashed those planes into the twin towers although I'm sure you  will no doubt  hold him partly responsible 

2 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

"They come from every political persuasion"  apparently ,  you are all as bad as each other, there are plenty of others to worry about too, It wasn't trump supporters who crashed those planes into the twin towers although I'm sure you  will no doubt  hold him partly responsible 

Was it Biden supporters who crashed those planes or are you way off topic?

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thumbs Up 1

Both camps as pathetic as each other and both leaders equally unsuitable to hold the office of  president.  That's my take on it 

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Was it Biden supporters who crashed those planes or are you way off topic?

Hardly off topic when you are asserting that trump supporters are the greatest threat to the american public

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Did I mention "domestic"?

I think you might have done somewhere along the line , home grown muslims are "domestic" are they not  The flights they hijacked were also domestic flights   could it have  been  more domestic

9 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I think you might have done somewhere along the line , home grown muslims are "domestic" are they not  The flights they hijacked were also domestic flights   could it have  been  more domestic

You are right but the FBI considers the threat from right wing domestic terrorists to be greater.

31 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Here's an example now. This is a direct result of Trump calling out the CO SC and Sec of State. Time for somebody to go to jail methinks.

Gunman arrested after opening fire in Colorado supreme court, which disqualified Trump from ballot - report

Police have arrested a man who broke into the Colorado supreme court building and opened fire early this morning, CNN reports.

The assailant took an unarmed security guard hostage after shooting out a window and entering the building in downtown Denver, but the Colorado state patrol said no injuries resulted from the incident. In late December, the court had in a 4-3 ruling disqualified Donald Trump from the state’s ballot for his involvement in the January 6 insurrection.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2024/jan/02/trump-january-6-charges-immunity-trials-republican-polling-latest

edit: Police believe that the incident is not related to threats made by Trump.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You get talking points from your Internet friends, right from the Troll Factory.

As soon as some Honduran crosses the Suchiate River into Mexico, you start posting about a Caravan. Unless you are posting from Ciudad Hidalgo, you're getting that "news" from somewhere.

I did post a link, which you refused to read, which provided the information on which I relied.

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

3 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Both camps as pathetic as each other and both leaders equally unsuitable to hold the office of  president.  That's my take on it 

If a Cylon task force came to Earth to see if we deserve to exist, and saw the insanity of politics in the most powerful nation on the planet, IMO they would be calling in the Death Star.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/18/2023 at 5:19 PM, bendejo said:

I just don't get this backtracking and ducking business.  He makes hateful statements and then when the press picks it up he claims he was misunderstood.  Pretty cowardly.  And then he whines away, poor me always the persecuted one.  "I whine until I win" he said in the 2016 campaign.  I still can't figure why the grass-roots folks don't back away from him when he shows his yellow belly in this way.  And the media abets him: he says straight out he favors strong man gov't leaders, touting fascist slime like Orban and Kim, promising to be a fascist on day one, and then comes headlines "Does T____ Favor fascism?"  This is as dumb as when the weather report says it will rain asking the question "will water fall from the sky?"

In comparison to his aspirational role models, neither Hitler nor Mussolini were known for weasel-ly  taking-back statements.  He's weak and he's a coward, and he's afraid the world is going to realize it (actually I think many world leaders already know).  And no number of his superhero NFTs is going to fix that.

Apparently you are another one that looks at the man and not the idea that he represents.

He is popular because he is against the Washington establishment, but they, clever people that they are, have manged to make it about Trump the man, and deflect the message that Washington needs to be reformed to hate against him.

59 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Apparently you are another one that looks at the man and not the idea that he represents.

He is popular because he is against the Washington establishment, but they, clever people that they are, have manged to make it about Trump the man, and deflect the message that Washington needs to be reformed to hate against him.

I look at the man and I see a fascist dictator. I get it sadly that many Americans WANT a fascist dictator. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Biden is a stuttering ruin, walks like a Roomba automatic floor cleaner. Trump not much better. More words but less meaning.

How about both parties agree to kicking them both to the side and nominating someone under the retirement age?

How many miles do you bike?

images (5).jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Trump claimed he would clean up the swamp in Washington, but became the swamp.

He bought a hotel in DC, and the Saudis stayed there as a means of giving Trump money.

• Thumbs Up 1