WISE Email to Confirm Personal Details

I just received an email from Wise saying that I need to confirm my personal details by 15 January.

Did anybody else receive this type of email and what details do I have to confirm and what pictures or copies will I need to send them?

I would like to know in advance so I can prepare and be ready and not have any issues.

Thank you in advance.

First of all, what was the email address they sent from?

Check in the app is the request is there also.

If it is, start the process and will will tell you exactly what they need;

expect a proof of address - utility bill etc

passport scan

passport selfie (maybe)

Proof of source of income - pension details, bank statements etc

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ripstanley said:

I received one in November and had until 13/12/23 to confirm. I clicked on the green line down the bottom of the email. This was after I signed onto the website to check that is was in my notification list. After I clicked on the green area it took me to their website as I was already signed on. I had to check my name and address were  correct. I even updated my address. I hit the confirm button and a message came up to say I was good to send money. I did a transfer on 14/12/23 and no problems,

Thanks for your reply. Do they give you an option to pause the confirmation process in case you need to get something later to submit?

It seems many people get many different requests to confirm. What country are you from? Thanks again

2 minutes ago, racyrick said:

Thanks for your reply. Do they give you an option to pause the confirmation process in case you need to get something later to submit?

It seems many people get many different requests to confirm. What country are you from? Thanks again

No absolutely not will they give you time to pause, when I got it for me it was 4th December and if not by that date, they would block your account and you would not be able to transfer or use your balances.

If we don’t hear back from you before 4 December 2023 your account will be suspended and you won't be able to send, spend or receive money with Wise.

If you miss the deadline, you can still reinstate your account by providing the information requested in the link above. When we’ve verified the information sent, your account and card will start working again.

That email was a reason why I removed ALL my Balances with them.

26 minutes ago, racyrick said:

I did not reply for some time. They did not request any additional documents. I only use the website not the app. This may make a difference. Good luck.

Last week I logon via app and received pop-up "to authenticate account" to do this use an authenticator app..

I already had such an app,opened it,created a Wise file in a pop-up window,a code was generated which I entered into the Wise app, all good,account authenticated.

I had Microsoft authenticator but can also use Google authenticator,both on play store.

My bank account name does not match my full name with WISE, so I sometimes get asked for verification. A screenshot of my bank transactions involving WISE, and a passport copy, fixes the problem.

It is not consistent though. Occasionally I will get a transfer to my WISE balance waved through without any request for verification.

Just went to confirm my details and it was very easy.

All I had to do was confirm that my name and address was the same.

Said they will contact me if they need anything else. Glad it was that easy as I always worry something will go wrong as some people have had a tough process to go through.

• Like 1