Opinion on Christmas music

Dirk Z

28 minutes ago, Dirk Z said:

We live in a Buddhist country, but you wouldn't believe it if you see all the Christmas items around you: shop assistants and waiters with Christmas hats, Christmas trees, decoration etc. and last but not least the endless Christmas music in restaurants, shopping malls, public transport, resorts, virtually everywhere. Thai seem to think we like it or maybe they like it themselves. My question is: who enjoys the omnipresent Christmas music, both the traditional and the Christmas hits? Or on the other hand: who is relieved or maybe even sad when it's all over again?

funny 2 weeks ago i was made fun of for saying christmas stuff was all around. i find it so strange yet expected at the same time that christmas has been adopted here. cha ching and merry ho ho. 

2 minutes ago, stoner said:

funny 2 weeks ago i was made fun of for saying christmas stuff was all around. i find it so strange yet expected at the same time that christmas has been adopted here. cha ching and merry ho ho. 

Parties, gifts, eating, gay music, funny costumes -- the "reason" is irrelevant. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Why did you feel the need to put "gay music" rather than just "music" into your response?

No wonder the "Gay Community" get a bad press when people like you keep trying to ram your Gay membership down our throats.

PS; Pun intended!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

I'm atheist but I'm somewhat ambivalent regarding Christmas. If it brings happiness and joy to people that's fine by me. And as far as @Dirk Z's comment on this goes, there are, in fact many Christians in Thailand, why shouldn't their festivals be recognized here? 

Religious tolerance is something the whole planet could benefit from.

Not that many.

Face it there's nothing religious about Christmas in Thailand.

1 minute ago, FolkGuitar said:

Christmas has very little to do with Christianity in many parts of the world.

Some people say 'put Christianity back in Christmas.'

I think we need to put Christianity back in Christians!

i think that people that believe in this religious crap should be shot.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 2