The new "normal".

Confuscious

16 hours ago, Confuscious said:

You, me and some others will smell a scam and not fall in that trap 

But if you see the numbers of people who type "interested (in Thai)" or buy a "Super duper electric mountain bike from a fake Amazon site", the question begs if the majority of people on the internet have evolved to the human level?

I think it is more of a question of people devolving, due to the highly corrosive impact of social media, on their lives. As a species, there is no doubt we are moving backwards, and the movement seems rapid.

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I think it is more of a question of people devolving, due to the highly corrosive impact of social media, on their lives. As a species, there is no doubt we are moving backwards, and the movement seems rapid.

I think it's due to the 80% of men traditionally used up on the front line surviving and being given welfare. Not to mention the 50% of women that traditionally died in childbirth.

Edited by BritManToo

And it is a strong indication of just how bent, warped and misguided contemporary culture and society is, that someone can be considered an idol or celebrity just because they have alot of followers on Tik tok, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. Personally, I consider social media to be the most corrosive and degenerate force in culture today, and they can be downright dangerous, on multiple levels. 

Some people I know seem to like to "collect friends". Like is it some kind of badge of honor, to have over 1,000 "friends". I have seen some accounts with 5,000 friends. Nobody has 5,000 relationships with people. It is just another bizarre aspect of modern, contemporary popular culture, something I just cannot relate to. However, I am not a big social media guy. I consider twitter, instagram, and especially tiktok, to be highly corrosive and part of the reason for the decline of culture and modern civilization. Facebook does not seem as toxic. But, collecting friends is just bizarre, regardless.

Recently my sister in law went through a divorce. In the time leading up to the divorce, she was incessantly posting stuff on facebook, about his infidelities, and other indiscretions. I kept asking my wife, why would she do that? Why does she want everyone to know, and to see a tragic event in her private life? But, she had lost all of her ability to discriminate, and make that kind of decision, due to a life of obsessive posting online. That stuff is public. It is out there, and it exacerbates humiliation, for those who do not think things through. 

Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter addiction is real and it is dangerous. Not only does it prevent you from living in the present, it can also leave you with crippling anxiety and insecurities. But few people talk about the real danger of social media addictions. These addictions make you boring. Nobody wants to hear about what he said on Facebook, what she said on Instagram or what you said on Twitter. If they wanted to know, they would have already seen it, liked it, and moved on.

The real danger of social media is not that you might say the wrong thing to the wrong person. The real danger is the fact that one determined person with nothing else to do can find your name, your phone number, your address, your parents’ address, your third-cousin’s Twitter, your boss, your co-worker, your ex-lover, the ex-lover you briefly forgot about and use all this information to systematically tear your life apart piece by piece. But why would someone go through so much trouble to do that? Because it was probably not that hard. There’s a good chance your own web presence coupled with some inventive searches led them straight down the trail to destroying your social life, your relationships and your career all in one fell swoop.

I think good judgment and discrimination in regard to one's actions has gone out the window. Social media is at least partly to blame. When one considers the tiny amount of good and interesting information found on it, compared to the amount of poison, negativity, revenge culture, bragging, nonsense, and hate, it is fairly easy to conclude that Twitter, Instagram, and Tiktok are highly destructive forces within popular contemporary culture. They are extremely toxic.

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I think it's due to the 80% of men traditionally used up on the front line surviving and being given welfare. Not to mention the 50% of women that traditionally died in childbirth.

That was then, this is now. I think we are facing a phenomenon in social media that is literally tearing apart the fabric of society. Reality TV is another factor. And celebrity worship is indicative of all of that. It is not getting better.

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

That was then, this is now. I think we are facing a phenomenon in social media that is literally tearing apart the fabric of society. Reality TV is another factor. And celebrity worship is indicative of all of that. It is not getting better.

Not to worry, climate change will fix it in less than 10 years (according to scientists).

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Not to worry, climate change will fix it in less than 10 years (according to scientists).

We will not be looking at extinction of humans. Just many other species. And a far lower quality of life, if we do not begin showing the planet far more respect and care. After all, how many alternative planets do we really have? Denying any sort of science, does not make it so.

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

And it is a strong indication of just how bent, warped and misguided contemporary culture and society is, that someone can be considered an idol or celebrity just because they have alot of followers on Tik tok, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. Personally, I consider social media to be the most corrosive and degenerate force in culture today, and they can be downright dangerous, on multiple levels. 

Some people I know seem to like to "collect friends". Like is it some kind of badge of honor, to have over 1,000 "friends". I have seen some accounts with 5,000 friends. Nobody has 5,000 relationships with people. It is just another bizarre aspect of modern, contemporary popular culture, something I just cannot relate to. However, I am not a big social media guy. I consider twitter, instagram, and especially tiktok, to be highly corrosive and part of the reason for the decline of culture and modern civilization. Facebook does not seem as toxic. But, collecting friends is just bizarre, regardless.

Recently my sister in law went through a divorce. In the time leading up to the divorce, she was incessantly posting stuff on facebook, about his infidelities, and other indiscretions. I kept asking my wife, why would she do that? Why does she want everyone to know, and to see a tragic event in her private life? But, she had lost all of her ability to discriminate, and make that kind of decision, due to a life of obsessive posting online. That stuff is public. It is out there, and it exacerbates humiliation, for those who do not think things through. 

Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter addiction is real and it is dangerous. Not only does it prevent you from living in the present, it can also leave you with crippling anxiety and insecurities. But few people talk about the real danger of social media addictions. These addictions make you boring. Nobody wants to hear about what he said on Facebook, what she said on Instagram or what you said on Twitter. If they wanted to know, they would have already seen it, liked it, and moved on.

The real danger of social media is not that you might say the wrong thing to the wrong person. The real danger is the fact that one determined person with nothing else to do can find your name, your phone number, your address, your parents’ address, your third-cousin’s Twitter, your boss, your co-worker, your ex-lover, the ex-lover you briefly forgot about and use all this information to systematically tear your life apart piece by piece. But why would someone go through so much trouble to do that? Because it was probably not that hard. There’s a good chance your own web presence coupled with some inventive searches led them straight down the trail to destroying your social life, your relationships and your career all in one fell swoop.

I think good judgment and discrimination in regard to one's actions has gone out the window. Social media is at least partly to blame. When one considers the tiny amount of good and interesting information found on it, compared to the amount of poison, negativity, revenge culture, bragging, nonsense, and hate, it is fairly easy to conclude that Twitter, Instagram, and Tiktok are highly destructive forces within popular contemporary culture. They are extremely toxic

I remember a few weeks ago, cars on the way to terminal 21 were parked hundred meters away from Terminal 21 and inside terminal 21 there was so many people that the 6 floors were full.

People screaming and applauding wildly.

Later I found out that a TikTok influencer with his dogs was on stage and everyone came to see these dogs.

• Sad 1