30-Day stamp on entry

I am a senior and stayed in Bangkok for 8-1/2 months doing three airline border runs in 2023, always receiving the 30-day on arrival stamp (received two 45 day stamps in the beginning of 2023).  The last time I arrived at Don Mueang I did meet a bit of resistance but was allowed entry.

I am scheduled to return at Don Mueang just before New Years holiday from Malaysia, and hoping to be granted another 30-day on arrival stamp.  I only booked hotel reservations for two nights with no onward flight reservations.  Basically hoping to stay another 60 days before leaving for another 90 days.  I have plenty of cash in my Thai bank account.

Any thoughts or advice before I hop on my return flight will be appreciated.

With no onward flight and no actual visa you may not even get on your flight :sad:

An onward ticket is a requirement of the 30 day visa-exemption, it's usually the airlines who are tasked with enforcing this.

Several options: -

• Get a cheap onward flight
  • Use one of the "ticket rental" sites
  • Wing it and hope the airline aren't being picky

OP, with the route you mention the airline may (most likely) require an onward flight.

You have done this before. What was your experience previously.

When were you last in Thailand?

Why not obtain a SETV.

That avoids dealing with immigration for 30 day extension 

• Like 1

On 12/21/2023 at 9:14 AM, GypsyT said:

Never been asked for at Immi. Airlines have asked every time -:)

I got referred to an IO supervisor at BKK this year on an METV.  The supervisor would not permit me entry unless I bought an outbound ticket.  I had to purchase a ticket right there and then.  I was stamped for 60 days.