Go Wholesale

jimn

20 hours ago, McTavish said:

GoWholesale in Chiangmai is already competing with Makro .... BUT their meat and poultry is far superior, well priced too!

When you say "their", who are you referring to?

GoWholesale or Makro?

40 minutes ago, jimn said:

I went there this morning. Some excellent special offers at the moment. Its clear to see the quality of the food on offer is far superior to Makro and the price is cheaper. I shall be a regular if things don't change.

Meat will be better than Makro if when walking past you don't smell rotting flesh

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Had a look here today and the couple of items i was looking for were more expensive than Makro so why bother going

So you judged the whole thing in the two items for which you were looking? You didn’t look to compare with anything else at all?

1 hour ago, NextG said:

So you judged the whole thing in the two items for which you were looking? You didn’t look to compare with anything else at all?

Didn't need to check, I'll see what other people report, what have you found?

36 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Didn't need to check, I'll see what other people report, what have you found?

I haven’t visited, only read what people have reported here. Certainly not giving them any of my details…

22 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Had a look here today and the couple of items i was looking for were more expensive than Makro so why bother going

3 hours ago, NextG said:

went to have a look the other day, and bought a few things, including  a kilo of their own brand mayonnaise for my coleslaw. That sucks compared to Makro mayo

=> everything in the whole Go wholesale must be no good!

• Haha 2

On 1/6/2024 at 4:24 PM, scubascuba3 said:

It depends what you are looking for. Granted the non fresh food sections are similar or more expensive than Macro. However the fresh counters beat Macro hands down. The fresh crab, prawns etc are excellent and fresh. The other day the fresh crab was 120 baht a kilo. My wife bought loads of it to freeze. Granted its now over 500 baht now but there are offers. Also the fresh meat is far superior to Macro.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Had a look inside, I won't be going back. I'll stick with Makro

I agree, unless they try to compete on prices by undercutting makro then no point going there. Kinda how Lidl and Aldi took over the market back home

48 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I agree, unless they try to compete on prices by undercutting makro then no point going there. Kinda how Lidl and Aldi took over the market back home

But many people have stated the quality is better in some ways. Is price your only criteria?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Quality of the stuff i buy from Makro is good, I don't buy their stinking rotting meat

Exactly, so you have to go elsewhere for some better quality products.
But you are complaining that they need to undercut Makro, otherwise there is no point in going there. But for some, the reason will be quality. 
I’ll also do some shopping in LIDL and ALDI. That’s my base quality. For better quality I head to M&S and Waitrose. For something in between, sometimes Sainsbury’s. Price is not my only criteria. 
In the markets, sometimes I’ll buy the 10 baht bags of vegetables that need to be utilised that day. Not because I cannot afford tip top quality, but that I like the idea of saving them from going to waste and making something delicious out of them. Three large red and yellow bell peppers for 20 baht for instance. You’ll be lucky to get one in Makro for that. 
Then I’ll happily drop the saving to someone more needy. These little things enhance my life. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, NextG said:

Exactly, so you have to go elsewhere for some better quality products.
But you are complaining that they need to undercut Makro, otherwise there is no point in going there. But for some, the reason will be quality. 
I’ll also do some shopping in LIDL and ALDI. That’s my base quality. For better quality I head to M&S and Waitrose. For something in between, sometimes Sainsbury’s. Price is not my only criteria. 
In the markets, sometimes I’ll buy the 10 baht bags of vegetables that need to be utilised that day. Not because I cannot afford tip top quality, but that I like the idea of saving them from going to waste and making something delicious out of them. Three large red and yellow bell peppers for 20 baht for instance. You’ll be lucky to get one in Makro for that. 
Then I’ll happily drop the saving to someone more needy. These little things enhance my life. 

I don't live in Pattaya, for us we use Makro in Sattahip every 3 weeks or so. I like their frozen salmon fillets, better than Go's. I don't really buy fresh meats at Makro, maybe some chicken feet and pork riblets. We use Makro for cleaning and washing supplies, snacks, canned fish, soups and coffee beans. If I want steak or ground beef I go to our local foreigner market. Even without much meat I can still drop an easy 10K.