Go Wholesale

jimn

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Quality of the stuff i buy from Makro is good, I don't buy their stinking rotting meat

I bought their local ground beef in the tub once, no more. Sometimes I'll buy the packaged cheaper cuts of beef for minced beef.

On 12/21/2023 at 5:58 PM, McTavish said:

GoWholesale in Chiangmai is already competing with Makro .... BUT their meat and poultry is far superior, well priced too!

OK.

Thank you for the info!

Guys from Scotland should know a good deal when they encounter one, is my thinking.

Thanks again.

I buy ONLY chicken, by the way.

I am always looking for VERY Tender Breasts, as usual....

Edited by GammaGlobulin

7 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I bought their local ground beef in the tub once, no more. Sometimes I'll buy the packaged cheaper cuts of beef for minced beef.

They use different scraps of meat each time, at least in the one that I visit.  The price and description usually illustrate that. 
But like yourself, I just buy a whole piece of meat and mince it myself. Better than buying mystery meat. 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Last time i looked in Makro a thai guy was fingering every chicken drumstick, ok he had a glove on, but I'd prefer my chicken not fingered

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Last time i looked in Makro a thai guy was fingering every chicken drumstick, ok he had a glove on, but I'd prefer my chicken not fingered

My Mrs would serve me a separate plate when  I visited the village and family....every drumstick had been picked and prodded by fingers straight from the fields that hadn't seen a sink yet. I can live with not knowing what happens in the raw stage, but expect staff to be gloved, and masked too!

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I see that a lot in Makro, men & women fingering/inspecting/examining every cut of chicken or pork as if they were buying a high value item, 555.

In related news, the Big C next to GO must be feeling the competition as I went in there yesterday and there were so many items discounted with yellow stickers.  With those 4 supermarkets (Makro, Tesco, Go & Big C) so close to each other on Sukhumvit, let's hope it helps drive down prices. 

• Like 1

I prefer the Go in CM opposed to makro, because it’s closer, never crowded and has a couple items there that are superior to what makro has. We get all our fresh produce at the local kad, which is always better than what we find in a grocery store. 

On 1/8/2024 at 3:27 PM, Olmate said:

If you cant afford to shop at Foodland or Friendship you should,nt be here! 😂

Will you personally pay my fuel bill and overnight hotel bill for the 700 km round trip to Foodland or Friendship?

It is fine if you live in Bangkok or Pattaya or other tourist destinations, but not everybody does.

• Confused 1

On 12/21/2023 at 4:37 PM, jimn said:

If anyone is interested. Go Wholesale by Central group will be opening a major store on the site of the old Baan & Beyond in South Pattaya next to Big C, this week. It is similar to the Makro stores

Exactly how many Go Wholesale shops are there in Thailand and where are they located?

27 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Will you personally pay my fuel bill and overnight hotel bill for the 700 km round trip to Foodland or Friendship?

It is fine if you live in Bangkok or Pattaya or other tourist destinations, but not everybody does.

Pattaya thread about Pattaya outlet Bill, pay your own fuel or get a courier! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Olmate said:

Pattaya thread about Pattaya outlet Bill, pay your own fuel or get a courier! 

From what I read in the thread they are also in CM but AFAIK they are not in Kamphaeng Phet yet.

I posted a response about 6 hours later later asking how many outlets they have and where, but no response yet,

Edited by billd766
added extra text

28 minutes ago, billd766 said:

From what I read in the thread they are also in CM but AFAIK they are not in Kamphaeng Phet yet.

I posted a response about 6 hours later later asking how many outlets they have and where, but no response yet,

Bangkok, Chonburi, Samut prakan and Chiangmai.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, bbko said:

I see that a lot in Makro, men & women fingering/inspecting/examining every cut of chicken or pork as if they were buying a high value item, 555.

In related news, the Big C next to GO must be feeling the competition as I went in there yesterday and there were so many items discounted with yellow stickers.  With those 4 supermarkets (Makro, Tesco, Go & Big C) so close to each other on Sukhumvit, let's hope it helps drive down prices. 

I always felt Big-C South was struggling..... a bit like Tesco North, but they are still around and have been for many many years. I exclusively use Big0CX, seems to be one of the few places I find all I am looking for, and easy to drive to and from. Starting point North of town. 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I always felt Big-C South was struggling..... a bit like Tesco North, but they are still around and have been for many many years. I exclusively use Big0CX, seems to be one of the few places I find all I am looking for, and easy to drive to and from. Starting point North of town. 

I like Big C Extra but it's harder to get to for me, going through town, and their meat is so expensive.

11 hours ago, novacova said:

Bangkok, Chonburi, Samut Prakan and Chiang Mai.

Thank you for the information.

It looks as though my nearest is in Bangkok. A 350 km trip one way and probably an overnight stay as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Big C are shooting themselves in the foot. We only go there for a few things that are not in Lotus's. On comparaing prices Big C is nearly always more expensive for the same branded item. The meat counter used to be good quality its now average. The Bakery is very expensive 26 baht for a small baggette it was 18 baht not so long ago. With the opening of Go Wholesale next door they will lose further customers.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Here's an example, Go Wholesale has a temporary discount for the same item as Makro, so why bother going there

I know you said you have been there but you are showing the online prices. You actually have to go there to see the excellent offers. I posted before about the fantastic crab we got for 120 baht a kilo, the Mother in Law got 2 fish 17 baht each. Last week we got 2 very large packets of Chicken Nuggets very good quality great for kids at buy 1 get one free for 159 baht. I had some myself very tasty. Give it a chance.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Deliveries from online ordering, yes or no?

I use Tops Online for deliveries (free over 900 baht order) a few times a week though they obviously aren't wholesale. 

I think its free over 1000 baht owned by Central group same owner as Tops.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, jimn said:

I think its free over 1000 baht owned by Central group same owner as Tops.

Sounds just like Tops. Officially it's 1000 but when you place an order over 900 it's still free.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, jimn said:

Big C are shooting themselves in the foot. We only go there for a few things that are not in Lotus's. On comparaing prices Big C is nearly always more expensive for the same branded item. The meat counter used to be good quality its now average. The Bakery is very expensive 26 baht for a small baggette it was 18 baht not so long ago. With the opening of Go Wholesale next door they will lose further customers.

I guess we have different situations..... I only shop for items I might use as a lunch snack and household stuff... the Mrs does a daily wet market run for fruit and the meat and veg for each dinner meal. We don't shop together,  seems to cause friction as I am not a patient, look at everything type... that's how she shops.  I don't let her do it  alone as she doesn't seem to believe in the future of money and it all must be spent at once. :laugh:

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Sounds just like Tops. Officially it's 1000 but when you place an order over 900 it's still free.

One thing that annoys me is that they have followed Macro in only accepting local Thailand credit cards. The first time I went there I paid by my no fee excellent exchange rate Halifax Clarity Card since then its been a no no. I am one of these people who keep as little money as possible in Thailand and prefer to settle my bills at one time in the UK.

• 1 month later...

I went pai tiow to gowholesale to discover something new for relaxation.

I was quite disappointed in gowholesale.

Their product mix is just standard local products with even fewer imports than Makro, Tesco and Big C, and some usual products they just don't carry, for example gherkins.

And their prices were more expensive than the 3 aforementioned shops, sometimes significantly so.

Granted, I didn't check out the fresh department other than ribeye / chicken legs / pork neck, so I potentially didn't notice good offers for crabs or fish, if there were any.

So I don't see the point in gowholesale.
Seems like a wholesale-themed premium local retail store to me.

I didn't see a lot of wholesale shoppers either.

Most people did what I did, a lot of searching, looking, thinking, and walking out.

Edited by tgw
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/11/2024 at 6:27 AM, jacko45k said:

as she doesn't seem to believe in the future of money and it all must be spent at once.

It must be a female Thai social media thing, the GF and all the Thai women I know are the same, they never have any spare cash and are always hocked up to the eyeballs in debt.