New Pink Line is down in less than a month

Irrumator

8 hours ago, smokie36 said:

The MRT is at bursting point and unless a solution is found soon for the overcrowding there is going to be a catastrophe in my opinion.

The criteria for expansion of number of trains per car for the MRT was set only to happen after the passenger density has reached 8 person/ square meters, which in most crowd control manual is well past crowd crush situation 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2023 at 2:43 PM, Irrumator said:

To be accurate, I understand that most of the workers were Cambodian, but of course, supervisory and management staff would be Thai.  

It's THEY who should have their backsides kicked.

Having said that, I am wondering how they are going to manage to cover all this up.  Not a good advert for monorail systems hurried through on the cheap.  

I am reminded that when a Thai airliner had its undercarriage collapsed at Swampy, they just painted over the Thai logos (talk about head in the sand, eh?)  and then when it was serviceable a while later, there were all sorts of religious ceremonies to bless the craft and the airport.

What's the betting the same will happen on the Pink Line?

I don't think it was hurried through and certainly not cheap! It took years of traffic snarls along Changwattana for it to get done. I'll probably never use it but at least the traffic flows much better now with all the lanes open. It must have been 5 years or more that they worked on it. 

Bangkok Post has articles today about wheels falling off the yellow line.

One hit a taxi.

Yellow line and pink line  are from the same (ex-German-Canadian, now French)/Chinese joint venture, see above.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...