Fast Track thru Suvarnabhumi

Hi all,

I arrive in January.  I have a Tourist Visa from online application for a 60 days stay.  What I am wondering is if there is a way to avoid the lines at immigration (if there are any) and sail thru.  I am flying business class with Cathay Pacific.  In the old pre-Covid days one would get a card that allowed business class passengers the luxury of shorter immigration lines.  Last few years I have not seen this happen.

To be honest I have not had issues with long lines but this trip I arrive late morning and it could be busy.  I am also getting older and standing in line hurts a bit on my man made knees and hip.  I'm willing to pay a little bit to avoid rubbing elbows with the smelly public.  :biggrin:

Info greatly appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, bg53 said:

Also, available to these classes of travelers:

Official/diplomatic passport

Smart visa

Long stay

Air crew

Mice

Yes, all categories are clear in the photo.

I only highlighted the two that seemed applicable to the OP.

MICE= Meetings, Incentives, Conventions, Expositions.

Incentives are sales meetings for those who made their quota.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jimmybcool said:

Hi all,

I arrive in January.  I have a Tourist Visa from online application for a 60 days stay.  What I am wondering is if there is a way to avoid the lines at immigration (if there are any) and sail thru.  I am flying business class with Cathay Pacific.  In the old pre-Covid days one would get a card that allowed business class passengers the luxury of shorter immigration lines.  Last few years I have not seen this happen.

To be honest I have not had issues with long lines but this trip I arrive late morning and it could be busy.  I am also getting older and standing in line hurts a bit on my man made knees and hip.  I'm willing to pay a little bit to avoid rubbing elbows with the smelly public.  :biggrin:

Info greatly appreciated.

If you really have medical issues about standing, speak to one of the staff who will direct you a single booth for aged and infirm.

5 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

In business class, yes, Priority lane/aka Fast Track between the east and west arrivals entrances. Show your boarding pass.

Also available to all over 70 years old.

img_0011_4027e10a72cde281f752fa56fb5b66ffccdd5ad2.jpeg

fasttrackbkk.jpg

This particular Fast Track lane is no longer available to First/Business Class pax.  The sign has been changed, and the officer on duty at the door will send you to the Premium Lane next to the Thai Citizen lane.

4 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

There us another priority line in arrival 1: go in on the right (Thai) side, turn sharp left on top of the short walk, and the priority / business entry is straight ahead. I used it yesterday morning, through after 3 minutes. 

Correct, this is where Premium Class pax are now sent. Just show your Business Class boarding pass - no additional voucher or payment required.

5 hours ago, jimmybcool said:

Perfect.  Just what I was looking for.  And the price is acceptable.

They have cracked down on this pay for fast track in the past. I tried it in 2019- then had to wait 2.5 hours for the bags to appear! If you are over 70 you can use fast track for free

• Like 1

If you're over 60yrs old. Go up the slope towards immigration. Hard over to the right sort of behind a screen the furthest booth to the right. Fast tracked because of age. Used it many times never more than 6 people in line. And much friendlier IOs no charge very simple 

Edited by Toby1947
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

To confirm, Biz Class passengers automatically get to use the Fast Track lane - at least Emirates pax do. Just keep your boarding pass handy, which you're supposed to keep in case IO wants it anyway.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, proton said:

They have cracked down on this pay for fast track in the past. I tried it in 2019- then had to wait 2.5 hours for the bags to appear! If you are over 70 you can use fast track for free

Fast track or not, you still wait over an hour for your baggage. Ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

My mother who has issues with her back and carrying luggage always used the buggy service and fast track, she was over 70 anyway but paid for the buggy and the porter to handle the luggage - there's no way she would ever be able to lift her case off the carousel on her own.

The porter made sure she found whoever I sent to collect her.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ukrules said:

My mother who has issues with her back and carrying luggage always used the buggy service and fast track, she was over 70 anyway but paid for the buggy and the porter to handle the luggage - there's no way she would ever be able to lift her case off the carousel on her own.

The porter made sure she found whoever I sent to collect her.

I recently booked it for exactly this reason for my mother, but the service was terrible. They picked her up in the buggy, dropped her at immigration and that was it. She had to go through on her own, ask other passengers to help her with her bag, then she couldn't find the person collecting her and ended up lost in the airport.

The person waiting for her was trying to contact the company (Bangkok Limousine VIP Service) and they took forever to reply and then eventually said they would send someone to look for her, but we never heard from them again. A random airport worker found her and helped her get back to the meeting point. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

I recently booked it for exactly this reason for my mother, but the service was terrible. They picked her up in the buggy, dropped her at immigration and that was it. She had to go through on her own, ask other passengers to help her with her bag, then she couldn't find the person collecting her and ended up lost in the airport.

The person waiting for her was trying to contact the company (Bangkok Limousine VIP Service) and they took forever to reply and then eventually said they would send someone to look for her, but we never heard from them again. A random airport worker found her and helped her get back to the meeting point. 

That's inexcusable, I take it you paid extra for the porter service?

Edit: I think that's the same company we used when booking but it was in January 2020 so a few years back.

Edited by ukrules