Move from Ed Visa to Tourist Visa Question

Hi everyone,

I am currently in Bangkok on a non-immigrant B Education visa studying Thai and Chula. I have been here since June 2023 and I have a visa until mid-February. At that point I would like to move on to a tourist visa and stay in Thailand until early August (6 months after my education visa ends). It seems I cannot get a multiple entry visa from a neighbouring country, is that correct? If so, that leaves my option as a single entry tourist visa which would be valid for 60 days, meaning I would have to have one issued three times to stay 6 months. Would this be possible?

In August I will be moving to Myanmar for work and would like to be able to enter Thailand periodically, so it is important that whatever visa status I have between February and August does not affect this. 

As a point of background information, I lived in Thailand from 2016-2022 on a work visa. 

If anyone can offer any advise or points, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

Edited by Irishguy41

25 minutes ago, Irishguy41 said:

It seems I cannot get a multiple entry visa from a neighbouring country, is that correct? If so, that leaves my option as a single entry tourist visa which would be valid for 60 days, meaning I would have to have one issued three times to stay 6 months. Would this be possible?

Yes, you cannot obtain multi entry TV.

Each tv provides 60 day permission of stay which can be extended by 30 days.

So 2 back to back SETV would provide 6 months.

Moving forward to living in Myanmar you could enter Thailand when required using visa exempt entry.

The important thing would be time between visits. 

Thinking your plan workable. 

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes, you cannot obtain multi entry TV.

Each tv provides 60 day permission of stay which can be extended by 30 days.

So 2 back to back SETV would provide 6 months.

Moving forward to living in Myanmar you could enter Thailand when required using visa exempt entry.

The important thing would be time between visits. 

Thinking your plan workable. 

Thank you very much!