Pattaya’s tourism tide: Aims to lure 27 million visitors, making waves under local authority’s watch

webfact

And of course all of this will be accomplished without any effort at traffic mitigation, alternative forms of transportation and making it easier to get around. How about a monorail system, how about helicopters, how about seaplanes, how about ferries to distant destinations?

Has anybody even considered any of these ideas? Or is this simply more overly optimistic grandstanding? 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

How about a monorail system, how about helicopters, how about seaplanes, how about ferries to distant destinations?

All potential death traps.

So, Pattaya wants 27 million sex buyers, prostitute, with their children to come to Pattaya 🤣

I knew 99 % of the people in Pattaya are either prostitutes or sex buyers, but didn't know they were 27 million.

17 minutes ago, Nickcage49 said:

Please no.

At least finish the road repairs first. This place is a mess already.

Something I’ve never been able to understand myself. Even the Mrs rants that they done nothing when Covid was around and nothing in low season. Come high season they’re digging up everywhere without a care on how it portrays the place to visitors but expects them to not only come back but also increase in ridiculous numbers? If Pattaya had a real rainy season like other parts of the country then I could understand but it doesn’t except for the very occasional flooding?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

As one of Thailand’s most sought-after tourist spots, the city lures visitors with a diverse array of attractions ranging from expansive sports facilities to enormous convention centres.

In a bid to stimulate tourism.

Honestly, whenever I travel to Pattaya, all these places or events is not what I'm interested in. I don't think all those Indian single travellers are. And the Chinese tour groups usually just follow the flag to the island, and around sunset up and down Walking Street...

On the contrary, when there are big events, I usually avoid travelling to Pattaya.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

27 million backpackers and sex tourists... I hope the girls are eating their greens they'll need all the energy they can muster.

Bar girls don't need energy - they just lie down, close their eyes and think of their King and Thailand!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Accidental Tourist said:

This includes day visiting,vendor delivery,taxi driver fro bkk, and border crossings cats & dogs...

Wonder, how many foreign tourists (out of the 28 million Thailand travellers, incl. migrant workers) visited Pattaya in 2023. Seems that they are primarily after domestic travellers in Pattaya (incl. the numerous freelancing tourists). - Yes, the number is large, but what is the income? 

Edited by StayinThailand2much

1 hour ago, Nickcage49 said:

Please no.

At least finish the road repairs first. This place is a mess already.

I really don't get it. I moved to Chanthaburi little over a year ago. I've seen them go through two major road renovations, neither of them lasted more than  month. Why must Pattaya milk such projects?

3 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

And I'm setting my sights on impressively growing more hair on the top of my head. Even odds either will achieve success.

If the top of your head looks anything like mine... I am sorry for you loss...