Pattaya’s tourism tide: Aims to lure 27 million visitors, making waves under local authority’s watch

webfact

1 hour ago, DjSilver said:

So, Pattaya wants 27 million sex buyers, prostitute, with their children to come to Pattaya 🤣

I knew 99 % of the people in Pattaya are either prostitutes or sex buyers, but didn't know they were 27 million.

I estimate 85% of Thai ladies marrying foreign guys are ex bar girls, prostitutes , sex workers or were in the sex industry in some shape or form. I am not against them , I use their services

Just my observation.  

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

27 million backpackers and sex tourists... I hope the girls are eating their greens they'll need all the energy they can muster.

Sounds a good place to own a condom kiosk, cum shop?? "Dick's Raincoats".

(No pun intended in there). 🤣

4 hours ago, retarius said:

I like Pattaya when it is not crowded and the hotels are cheap. If you fill it up with low quality tourists there is no point ever going there. You will pay and arm and a leg for a hotel room (compared to when the place is empty). If you come for a beach holiday with your family, not much to do except to sit on a poor quality beach watching the filthy sea that you daren't go in because you would be rightly afraid for your health.

What I do miss is going when it rains and sitting on Soi Buakauw with a cold beer watching the poop and rats rising out of the sewers manhole covers.....nice!

You are woefully ill-informed if you think the only thing families can do in Pattaya is sit on the beach.  You really need to get out more, if you are even in Pattaya, which is highly doubtful.

36 minutes ago, Grumpy one said:

Yet more pipe dreams 

I haven't seen a  proper dream pipe in Thailand since the 80's. Please PM me if you know something I don't :smile:  

2 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I really don't get it. I moved to Chanthaburi little over a year ago. I've seen them go through two major road renovations, neither of them lasted more than  month. Why must Pattaya milk such projects?

Because the people in City Hall are complete idiots. What a Swedish company can make in 3 weeks takes 6 months in Pattaya. No planning, no structure of the work. Look at the intersection soi Chayapruek 2/ Sukhumwit. Horrible!!

• Confused 1

".........aims to............" 

How did I know before I read it that that pearl of wisdom came from the mouth of the TAT spokesman?

"The coastal city of Pattaya, under the auspices of the local tourism authority...." 

"Urai Mukpradapthong, the director of the Tourism Authority of Thailand‘s Pattaya office....." 

"As one of Thailand’s most sought-after tourist spots, the city lures visitors with a diverse array of attractions ranging from expansive sports facilities to enormous convention centres." 

And the obvious attraction isn't even mentioned, although the picture accompanying the article gives you a bit of a hint! And it ain't "sports facilities or enormous convention centres"!  :welcomeani: hansum man! :biggrin:

Edited by sambum

Just imagine the chaos at Pattaya Immigration if they did manage to lure 27 million visitors. A fair percentage of that 27 million would no doubt wish to extend for a month. If just one one hundredth of that 27 million wished to extend, that would mean 270,000 more foreigners lined up at Pattaya Immigration. Even if they split them up, some on Monday, some on Tuesday and so forth, that's still 54,000 a day. The Immigration system would collapse under such numbers.

4 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

Bar girls don't need energy - they just lie down, close their eyes and think of their King and Thailand!

you forgot the most important part THE CASH

7 hours ago, retarius said:

I like Pattaya when it is not crowded and the hotels are cheap. If you fill it up with low quality tourists there is no point ever going there. You will pay and arm and a leg for a hotel room (compared to when the place is empty). If you come for a beach holiday with your family, not much to do except to sit on a poor quality beach watching the filthy sea that you daren't go in because you would be rightly afraid for your health.

What I do miss is going when it rains and sitting on Soi Buakauw with a cold beer watching the poop and rats rising out of the sewers manhole covers.....nice!

Some things never change, 

3 hours ago, Phil1964 said:

Sounds a good place to own a condom kiosk, cum shop?? "Dick's Raincoats".

(No pun intended in there). 🤣

Sorry, it would go broke I doubt many wear condoms in Pattaya. 

27 million = 519.000 Per week = 1483 fllights  approx .10,800 coaches per week   1,540 Per Day. But rainy season much less maybe 50% but the 4 months Hi season maybe 150% more

New Year cahos on the roads every week if not every Day

Where’s all the sewage going ? where’s all the water coming from for all the showers and baths.

If hey all want to Sun Bath on the Beach one Day 1,557,000 .Hi season

Have hey really thought it out. 

London has 30 mill Per year with 40 mil radius with a superb transport network and 100s of atraction

Pattaya 12 Miles x 7 miles approx

20 atractions some pretty poor

48 minutes ago, gravia said:

27 million = 519.000 Per week = 1483 fllights  approx .10,800 coaches per week   1,540 Per Day. But rainy season much less maybe 50% but the 4 months Hi season maybe 150% more

New Year cahos on the roads every week if not every Day

Where’s all the sewage going ? where’s all the water coming from for all the showers and baths.

If hey all want to Sun Bath on the Beach one Day 1,557,000 .Hi season

Have hey really thought it out. 

London has 30 mill Per year with 40 mil radius with a superb transport network and 100s of atraction

Pattaya 12 Miles x 7 miles approx

20 atractions some pretty poor

I think you are confusing facts with the crystal ball TAT uses for their predictions. 

17 hours ago, webfact said:

predicted number of tourists last year, which is expected to have hit the 23 million mark.

Last year the total for the whole of Thailand was about 28mil sounds like bulldust to me.

19 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Having visited the place twice 11 and 10 years ago I can't imagine ever having the need to visit there again.

And how would you know......?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, grain said:

Just imagine the chaos at Pattaya Immigration if they did manage to lure 27 million visitors. A fair percentage of that 27 million would no doubt wish to extend for a month. If just one one hundredth of that 27 million wished to extend, that would mean 270,000 more foreigners lined up at Pattaya Immigration. Even if they split them up, some on Monday, some on Tuesday and so forth, that's still 54,000 a day. The Immigration system would collapse under such numbers.

The majority of the welcome visitors,  the Chinese, Russian and Indian ones, will get super long Visa Exempt, permissions of stay by then, and not be in need of extensions. Just be the less welcome Europeans, Brits, Oz guys etc getting rinsed in there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stubby52 said:

Last year the total for the whole of Thailand was about 28mil sounds like bulldust to me.

They are aiming for 23 million foreign and domestic visitors, not just foreign visitors.  

1 minute ago, mfd101 said:

Um, well I know what I imagine and I know what I need and don't need.

Surely there are things Pattaya can provide that Surin cannot.....come on over and get a decent haircut!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, hotchilli said:

27 million backpackers and sex tourists... I hope the girls are eating their greens they'll need all the energy they can muster.

Isaan girls eat their greens for sure.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Surely there are things Pattaya can provide that Surin cannot

Not interested. More & more of the same since I was last there doesn't help.

21 hours ago, Jack Hammer said:

I estimate 85% of Thai ladies marrying foreign guys are ex bar girls, prostitutes , sex workers or were in the sex industry in some shape or form. I am not against them , I use their services

Just my observation.  

Or else the rest are gold diggers 😂

I have never used them and have no need to.

I'm 40+ years old and my wife is 30 years old and she was 23 years when we met. Also she is a registered nurse both in Thailand and Sweden. And, I would never had married anyone that doesn't have a university degree. So only there is 99 % of all Thai women marrying foreigners 😂

And also, my wife needs to pay half of everything at home 😁 since I don't want a cheap lazy wife 😂 or a glorified prostitute 😂

• Sad 1