Dismiss "Wokeness" - Stop doing business with people who hate you and your traditional values

8 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

Haven't read the article.

~

Thanks for your response, Sunmaster.  Succinct as always.

But may I  suggest to read the short article/opinion piece, as it not also makes the case against this 'wokeness' BS, but also mentions some options and opportunities to counter and cancel the so-called woke “mind virus” that’s plaguing the US and - luckily to a lesser degree - also other countries.

Source: https://www.theepochtimes.com/opinion/2024-the-year-to-cancel-wokeness-in-america-5554997

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, impulse said:

So if I decide not to hire any blacks because they statistically have more problems with the law, that's not racism?  Judging a person by the color of their skin is racism. Has nothing to do with hate.  But I'd still get sued (and rightfully so) for $$$ millions, for racism. 

If a person chooses (or excludes) a romantic partner based on race, that's racism.  

First sentence is racism. Second sentence is baby talk.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Celsius said:

Go woke or go broke 

Or simply ignore woke people. If woke people wish to talk or do business with me, accept me as I am, NOT what YOU want me to be.

If that is unacceptable to you, the problem is yours and not mine.

I will only change me if I want to, not because YOU want me to.

The is nothing personal in my response to you.

I am merely replying to your post.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

The mere use of the term racism in non academic social discourse to insult is racist. Only racists do it. In every context it's used there is at least a racist undercurrent and at worst, explicit racism.

BS. Answer my question and stop obfuscating . 

Just now, billd766 said:

Or simply ignore woke people. If woke people wish to talk or do business with me, accept me as I am, NOT what YOU want me to be.

If that is unacceptable to you, the problem is yours and not mine.

I will only change me if I want to, not because YOU want me to.

The is nothing personal in my response to you.

I am merely replying to your post.

And I was merely joking 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, retarius said:

My answer to woke is to tell them too grow a thicker skin. "People", in the words of the prophet, "are too damned sensitive"  (Eminem). 

Why would someone take offense unless the words were offensive? Are you defending people's right to be offensive? Usually that means hate speech. It's legal but it's the domain of scum.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, retarius said:

As a SCOTUS judge once said, 'what is free speech without the right to offend?'

You have been offensive on these pages to me implying I am a racist when you don't even know me. You were then cowardly and mealy mouthed when I called you on it and aske you directly. I am not offended by this cowardly behaviour because I have normal skin depth and am not a snowflake, quivering at any hinted offence. As they said when I was a child "sticks and stones my break my bones, but words will never hurt me." So my advice to you is to grow up and act like an adult man or woman or whatever gender you are.

Can we just get clear on this? I'm not interested in a debate about whether the first amendment should be amended to exclude hate speech. I'm asking if you defend those who engage in hate speech?

Antisemitism is hate speech. Is that protected under the first amendment? If so, why all the fuss about Claudine Gay?

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

~

Thanks for your response, Sunmaster.  Succinct as always.

But may I  suggest to read the short article/opinion piece, as it not also makes the case against this 'wokeness' BS, but also mentions some options and opportunities to counter and cancel the so-called woke “mind virus” that’s plaguing the US and - luckily to a lesser degree - also other countries.

Source: https://www.theepochtimes.com/opinion/2024-the-year-to-cancel-wokeness-in-america-5554997

Ok, read it and found it so-so.
For one, it bothers me that whenever Americans try to demonize something, they lable it "communist". But whatever.

Edit: It bothers me, yet it doesn't offend me. See, how easy it is?

Edited by Sunmaster
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I knew it wouldn't be long for you to give us your "woke 10 bahts worth

Racists ,indeed,do not get to change the dictionary but the wokies make a full time job of it

The words Bigot, Racist, Fascist, and Nazi for example have been changed by you and those  like you, to describe anybody who's ideas do not align perfectly with your own.  To the extent that it is insulting to those people who  genuinely suffered at the hands of genuine  examples

You're lying. I have never used the words you mention out of their dictionary context.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Why would someone take offense unless the words were offensive? Are you defending people's right to be offensive? Usually that means hate speech. It's legal but it's the domain of scum.

People take advice for all sorts of reasons, they can even make money out of it these days,  You are denying peoples' rights to even discuss certain topics   illegal immigration being a perfect example ,   anybody with concerns must be a racist,  the same with anybody concerned about gender identity being forced upon young children , they just have to be homo or trans phobic don't they.  Like most of these woke holier than thou sorts. I consider your morals to be questionable to say the least

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You're lying. I have never used the words you mention out of their dictionary context.

of course you haven't :cheesy:   however you have chosen a strange thread to argue your case and seek approval for your virtue signalling today

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

You mean agreeing with their definition of racial inequality. Which basically says all white people are racist and non whites cannot be racist. Oh, and Jew bashing, let's not forget the Jew bashing.

Of course most Wokies believe discriminating against Jews is not racism. Some even refuse to condemn it. Like Claudine Gay and Liz Magill. :sick:

And the BBC  and the uk Labour party  the list is endless

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, retarius said:

Excellent post, thank you. Personally I have no problem acknowledging I am anti-woke.

I once suspected you were woke, admittedly based on flimsy evidence,.  I have no hesitation in admitting I was wrong and I apologise unreservedly

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

People take advice for all sorts of reasons, they can even make money out of it these days,  You are denying peoples' rights to even discuss certain topics   illegal immigration being a perfect example ,   anybody with concerns must be a racist,  the same with anybody concerned about gender identity being forced upon young children , they just have to be homo or trans phobic don't they.  Like most of these woke holier than thou sorts. I consider your morals to be questionable to say the least

Anybody with concerns about illegal immigration is not racist. This is why the left hate the wingnuts so much. The filth in our society want to project these negative stereotypes on and dehumanize their political adversaries.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1