Dismiss "Wokeness" - Stop doing business with people who hate you and your traditional values

17 hours ago, radiochaser said:

Have you ever met a real, live, clan, man (kkk)?

Yep.  When I lived in the South.  Yeah, there are still raging anti-black racist that, but they are far fewer than the government and media hyperbole.  WIthin my extended NC family, there we had a couple of the men who were pretty much raised racist (grew up in the 1940s and 1950s), but the extended family really pushed back.  My North Carolina extended family were good people.
So it was pretty interesting when my wife's cousin married a black guy.  The extended family told her cousin's father to get over it.  Times have changed.

18 hours ago, radiochaser said:

Have you ever met a real, live, clan, man (kkk)?

No, but there are plenty of organizations who would be indistinguishable from the KKK. Among them the Oath Keepers and Proud Boys and whatever the Australian equivalent is. Those are only the violent groups. Plenty of others harbor the same sentiment. Specifically, anybody who claims that the civil war wasn't 100% about slavery could be considered a card carrying racist.

8 hours ago, ozimoron said:

..., anybody who claims that the civil war wasn't 100% about slavery could be considered a card carrying racist.

???

I - and with me most people - can think of several other factors contributing to the outbreak of the civil war. 

Slavery was surely a main factor, but attributing the outbreak 100% to slavery is obviously an incorrect Black-or-White (no pun intended) point-of-view.  

So yes I claim that that there are also other factors that contributed to the outbreak of the conflict. 

Would  that make me in your twisted world-view a 'card carrying racist'?

FYI > I asked ChatGPT and it came up with 6 intertwined factors:

> The American Civil War, which took place from 1861 to 1865, was primarily caused by several key factors:

1. Slavery: The deep-rooted controversy over the institution of slavery in the United States was a major catalyst for the war. The stark differences between the Northern and Southern states on the issue of slavery, including the moral, economic, and political implications, played a significant role in the conflict.

2. State's Rights vs. Federal Authority: The struggle between state sovereignty and federal authority was another crucial factor leading to the war. Southern states believed in the concept of states' rights, arguing that they had the right to determine their own laws and policies, including those regarding slavery. On the other hand, the federal government aimed to maintain its authority and uphold the United States Constitution.

3. Sectionalism: Over time, economic, cultural, and social differences between the Northern and Southern states intensified, leading to heightened sectionalism. The North was primarily industrialized, while the South relied heavily on agriculture, particularly cotton plantations dependent on slave labor. These sectional differences further exacerbated tensions between the regions.

4. Political Factors: The political landscape during this period also contributed to the outbreak of war. The election of Abraham Lincoln as the President of the United States in 1860, representing the anti-slavery Republican Party, triggered deep concerns among Southerners, leading to their subsequent secession from the Union.

5. Economic Disparities: Economic factors, such as trade policies, tariffs, and control over resources, also played a role. The South, heavily reliant on cotton exports, feared that their economic interests would be undermined by the North's industrial dominance and perceived protectionist policies.

It is essential to note that these factors intersected and intertwined, creating complex dynamics that eventually led to the outbreak of the Civil War.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/4/2024 at 10:25 AM, retarius said:

How is it right wing? Woke came from left wing academia not from the right wing. Blacks started using the term a few years ago. I do agree that the left wing leaders moved away from supporting workers rights and better pay, forgot their voters and immersed themselves in identity politics. The Labour Party in Britain has totally moved away from workers to supporting illegal immigrants, which, having been brought up in working class Britain in council housing, is a huge electoral mistake as most working class people are socially very conservative. Go in any city pub and you will see what I mean. 

This is just a WOW… the ignorance is ASTONISHING. 

Listen to the last minute of this interview from the 1930s

It’s right wing racists and old dinosaurs who have corrupted the meaning to being anything they don’t like. 

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, ozimoron said:

No, but there are plenty of organizations who would be indistinguishable from the KKK. Among them the Oath Keepers and Proud Boys and whatever the Australian equivalent is. Those are only the violent groups. Plenty of others harbor the same sentiment. Specifically, anybody who claims that the civil war wasn't 100% about slavery could be considered a card carrying racist.

I met them, back in the 1950's , in Louisiana, when I was a kid.   The vitriol, venom, and hate was palpable.   They were democrats.   In the 1960's they spoke of wanting to hang republicans who loved black people!   I watched my grandmother get very close to killing a member of the clan.   A 12 gauge up close is a nasty weapon to be shot with.   Family rumor has it, great grandfather did kill some after the civil war due to they way they treated his half Cherokee wife!  If the oath keepers and proud boys were anything like the democrat clan members from back then, the news media would be shouting about it loud and long.   All I hear or read about  is how bad they were, where as the clan actually, physically, attacked black people.   The only difference I see now is who the democrat foot soldier directs their venom against.  Whites and jews!

The people I have met in my adult life that had that same venom, vitriol, and hate, that was still palpable, were still democrats, when I was till a federal agent.    Some of them were the democrat politicians that I had to work around, when they were not around the public they were supposed to be serving.   I was assigned to work at both democrat and republican conventions.   The last convention I worked was in 2004.   While some of the republican politicians were <deleted>, the democrat politicians were the bigger <deleted> and were arrogant, elitist's, do you know who I am kind of people.   This is from my personal experience, not from the the main stream democrat supporting media!

Even though I already had passed an extensive back ground investigation for my security clearance for my employment, I still had to pass another background investigation before I could work at the conventions, primarily because presidents could be in attendance and were.   I always wondered if the average federal politician had to get a back ground investigation.     

I had three background investigations from 1969 to early 2000's,  that combined, took 4 years and 9 months to complete.   Each time the investigation went back to my birth.   Too many traffic tickets, no clearance, charged with driving under the influence, no clearance, caught lying, no clearance, associate with the wrong people (e.g. communists, marxists and probably the ones you hate), no clearance, bad financial background, no clearance, armed insurrection (yes this too), no clearance, and more that I can't remember.     Those background investigations were in addition to 5 year checkups where they talked to my neighbors asking about my lifestyle.   

15 hours ago, connda said:

Yep.  When I lived in the South.  Yeah, there are still raging anti-black racist that, but they are far fewer than the government and media hyperbole.  WIthin my extended NC family, there we had a couple of the men who were pretty much raised racist (grew up in the 1940s and 1950s), but the extended family really pushed back.  My North Carolina extended family were good people.
So it was pretty interesting when my wife's cousin married a black guy.  The extended family told her cousin's father to get over it.  Times have changed.

I met them, back in the 1950's , in Louisiana, when I was a kid.   The vitriol, venom, and hate was palpable.   They were democrats.   In the 1960's they spoke of wanting to hang republicans who loved black people!   I watched my grandmother get very close to killing a member of the clan.   A 12 gauge up close is a nasty weapon to be shot with.   Family rumor has it, great grandfather did kill some after the civil war due to they way they treated his half Cherokee wife!  If the oath keepers and proud boys were anything like the democrat clan members from back then, the news media would be shouting about it loud and long.   All I hear or read about  is how bad they were, where as the clan actually, physically, attacked black people.   The only difference I see now is who the democrat foot soldier directs their venom against.  Whites and jews!

The people I have met in my adult life that had that same venom, vitriol, and hate, that was still palpable, were still democrats, when I was till a federal agent.    Some of them were the democrat politicians that I had to work around, when they were not around the public they were supposed to be serving.   I was assigned to work at both democrat and republican conventions.   The last convention I worked was in 2004.   While some of the republican politicians were <deleted>, the democrat politicians were the bigger <deleted> and were arrogant, elitist's, do you know who I am kind of people.   This is from my personal experience, not from the the main stream democrat supporting media!

Even though I already had passed an extensive back ground investigation for my security clearance for my employment, I still had to pass another background investigation before I could work at the conventions, primarily because presidents could be in attendance and were.   I always wondered if the average federal politician had to get a back ground investigation.     

I had three background investigations from 1969 to early 2000's,  that combined, took 4 years and 9 months to complete.   Each time the investigation went back to my birth.   Too many traffic tickets, no clearance, charged with driving under the influence, no clearance, caught lying, no clearance, associate with the wrong people (e.g. communists, marxists ), no clearance, bad financial background, no clearance, armed insurrection (yes this too), no clearance, and more that I can't remember.     Those background investigations were in addition to 5 year checkups where they talked to my neighbors asking about my lifestyle.   

rant over. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/4/2024 at 7:50 PM, EVENKEEL said:

You're a nobody on an anonymous forum spewing nonsense. 

Don't be offended.  Despite an amazing track record the right wing ninnies don't have a monopoly on nonsense.

Waiiiit a minute.

We live in Thailand. Where the average local could not reliably pick Trump out of a police line up.

Where casual sexism abounds, where a lot of the men are a little in the fem side. 

Why this mania about wokeness etc. that will never touch us? Shut up and enjoy your coconut shake.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1