Expat kids turning 18

For those of you with Expat kids, what will you do when they are too old to be considered your dependents for visa purposes? 

Do you have connections to get them jobs with work permits or perhaps your own company that can employ them so they can stay in Thailand?

4 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

For those of you with Expat kids, what will you do when they are too old to be considered your dependents for visa purposes? 

Do you have connections to get them jobs with work permits or perhaps your own company that can employ them so they can stay in Thailand?

I'll be in this situation in 9 years from now.  My son will hopefully be able to get his own Education visa and then either get a job or marry a Thai! I'm hoping that having lived his whole life in Thailand, he might be able to get some kind of permanent residence, as the laws may have changed by then.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/6/2024 at 6:51 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

I'll be in this situation in 9 years from now.  My son will hopefully be able to get his own Education visa and then either get a job or marry a Thai! I'm hoping that having lived his whole life in Thailand, he might be able to get some kind of permanent residence, as the laws may have changed by then.

That is assuming he wants to marry a Thai.  I can pretty much guarantee my Russian stepdaughter will not want to marry a Thai.  I'm also not confident that she'll be able to get a great job here considering the relative lack of high paying jobs for Farangs.