Condo's Without Security & Lobby Staff

JimTripper

Does anyone know of a condo or apartment building in Pattaya that does not have the door staff or security?

My place has someone in the office all day facing the lobby and also security right at the door all night. They eyeball everyone coming or going. I used to work in an institutional setting so that's probably why it bothers me.

I'm thinking of getting a townhouse or house, but wanted to know if there were any condo's around like what I'm looking for.

In the Usa I had one with a seperate enterance for residents, so that would work as well.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

My wife has a house that she bought 15 years ago for her parents to live in. It used to have security and now it does not. This is because the owner neglected the property and in the end the city took over. 

So maybe this is what you are looking for

View Talay 6 has a few lazy security guards that you can easily avoid by taking the stairs up a floor before the elevators or there's almost never one at the security desk by the garage elevator. Unixx has a keycard access side door through the garage with no security.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I stayed at one near Dongtan beach where you had to stop at a gated booth each time. The guard had to raise a large gate each time going in or out. What a hassle that was. Every time I left for a meal we had to go through the whole routine. Felt like living in a prison or military facility where they check ID each time. I guess eventually they just recognize you or the car 🤷🏻‍♂️. I think some people like it though, makes them feel safer.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Does anyone know of a condo or apartment building in Pattaya that does not have the door staff or security?

My place has someone in the office all day facing the lobby and also security right at the door all night. They eyeball everyone coming or going. I used to work in an institutional setting so that's probably why it bothers me.

I'm thinking of getting a townhouse or house, but wanted to know if there were any condo's around like what I'm looking for.

In the Usa I had one with a seperate enterance for residents, so that would work as well.

I have a couple of options. One likely a bit too expensive for you. Two apartments on beach road I’ve utilised in the past. First apartment has an entrance close to the street, whilst the lobby is fifty metres inward. Around 80 sq.m. Second apartment, closer to the lobby but with a private entrance and private elevator. Around 200 sq.m. Only two people use the elevator, as the elevator only serves two apartments. 
The second option just relatively inexpensive apartments in a good location(to me, not to you).  They just seem to run the place on a shoestring. So there appears to be no lobby staff from the evenings and no security around ever. Decent sized apartments but ridiculous electricity charges. Though if you aren’t a big aircon user, that’s not an issue as the apartments themselves are so inexpensive but actually very good value for money. 
But I cannot recommend either option to you, due to your complaints about EVERYTHING. 

Edited by NextG
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Celsius said:

My wife has a house that she bought 15 years ago for her parents to live in. It used to have security and now it does not. This is because the owner neglected the property and in the end the city took over. 

So maybe this is what you are looking for

Wasn’t your wife the ‘owner’? Is this the same wife that gets an allowance from her parents? I’m confused ☺️

11 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Perhaps the OP should consider psychiatric help, his reaction to what most other people accept is not normal.

My comment is not intended as an insult, we all have phobias.

Perhaps he is referring to ‘the walk of shame’…

15 hours ago, JimTripper said:

They are watching everyone, not just me. I don't care why they are watching, they are just watching.

I need to go in and out several times a day and it's weird having the eye contact each time. The lady will be staring right at me each time I get out of the elevator, or the security guy will be eyeballing me everytime I return home. It feels weird.

I don't do the 'hello' thing because I'm in and out so much and it would be overkill to do it constantly.

I think it's the moustache, Jim!

9 minutes ago, Celsius said:

No. That is ex-wife

What’s with the getting married all the time? You didn’t learn your lesson the first time? ☺️
Anyway, so the city took the property over and then your wife bought it?

Seems some part is missing from this tale. 

3 minutes ago, NextG said:

What’s with the getting married all the time? You didn’t learn your lesson the first time? ☺️
Anyway, so the city took the property over and then your wife bought it?

Seems some part is missing from this tale. 

What lesson do I need to learn? My life always improves with each marriage including financials. Looking for the 4th wife now.

I don't know what is difficult to understand. She bought a house 15 years ago from developer. Ten years ago the developer stopped taking care of the property. No more security guard, no more garbage collections. The city didn't take over the property. They took the road passing through all the properties that belonged to the developer and now they take care of all the road maintenance and garbage collections. The little shack that accommodated the security guard is of course empty and used as garbage for motorcycle drivers. 

1 minute ago, Celsius said:

What lesson do I need to learn? My life always improves with each marriage including financials. Looking for the 4th wife now.

I don't know what is difficult to understand. She bought a house 15 years ago from developer. Ten years ago the developer stopped taking care of the property. No more security guard, no more garbage collections. The city didn't take over the property. They took the road passing through all the properties that belonged to the developer and now they take care of all the road maintenance and garbage collections. The little shack that accommodated the security guard is of course empty and used as garbage for motorcycle drivers. 

You wrote ‘owner’ rather than developer. That caused the confusion. At least you have explained it properly now. 
I’m glad you are enjoying your time on your marriage carousel. Better than not enjoying it. 

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Perhaps the OP should consider psychiatric help, his reaction to what most other people accept is not normal.

My comment is not intended as an insult, we all have phobias.

Enough about me, what about you?

Accepting it and liking it are different things.

So you like going through security, don't care, accept it as normal but you don't/do like it? Just guessing here. Do please let me know.

Edited by JimTripper

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I regard it as part of the furniture. Like or don't like doesn't come into it.

OTOH, I think I would feel uncomfortable if there was zero security at condos, airports and banks.

Ok. Seems like if you have lived in places with security and without security you would have to prefer one situation over another, but I guess it's possible for someone to be completely neutral.

10 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

Our condo has key cards that operate gates so we can enter to building at higher floor levels to lift access either on foot or car. We don't have to walk through the lobby.

we also have keycards nobody can get past the lobby without one, the lifts and the pool area is beyond the lobby,