"Best" Sim Only deal for a 3 month stay in Thailand

Yes, friends, it is almost time to come to the sun for winter.

As my title suggests, we will be looking for a decent Sim only package for our phones and data.  As we use mainly WhatsApp or such like for communications here, data only is OK, but have an open mind to the best way to approach this.

Obviously deals and so on change all the time, so I'd be keen to hear of the current view on likely "Best Buys".  I use the "" because words like Best are a versonal opinion often.

Thanks in anticipation.

Maud (looking forward to some sun on our bones).

If you want Unlimited, then there is scant choice. It’s 482 baht for unlimited 10 Mbps. 
59 baht more for unlimited voice calls. 

If your usage is relatively low, then you can choose a limited package of up to 100GB monthly(approx.) for 300 baht. That will include unlimited calls of up to 15 minutes per call. 
All networks same, so choose the one with the best signal for you. 
No need to repost on another thread, as you won’t get ‘better’ answers. 

Alternative is a three month package, but the AIS offer is relatively poor in comparison. DTAC’s is better, but it would help if you knew in advance of how DTAC performs for your location. 

E45F133F-AA3B-4768-A226-FFC166D2BCB6.thumb.jpeg.0c996f0939e9155120402c1003f98b68.jpeg

0E2D04EF-6316-4891-BB95-1E46DFECCAD0.thumb.jpeg.60128c4be8a1e13354a148aae00cc133.jpeg

7185B07C-B639-442E-BF27-8C721874D37E.thumb.jpeg.02e92127dba7fa84bc14ebae5c7faa0e.jpeg

AIS offers half the allowance of DTAC. Nor does it offer a call allowance. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, NextG said:

If you want Unlimited, then there is scant choice. It’s 482 baht for unlimited 10 Mbps. 
59 baht more for unlimited voice calls. 

If your usage is relatively low, then you can choose a limited package of up to 100GB monthly(approx.) for 300 baht. That will include unlimited calls of up to 15 minutes per call. 
All networks same, so choose the one with the best signal for you. 

I use Dtac, 250 baht for 30 days unlimited internet at 30 mbps + free call

Screenshot_20240107-190357_dtac.jpg

2 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Looks good. I also utilise some excellent value packages. But they aren’t available to the OP. Just as yours is not. There is no guarantee that they’ll be offered such a package. 

Just now, NextG said:

Looks good. I also utilise some excellent value packages. But they aren’t available to the OP. Just as yours is not. There is no guarantee that they’ll be offered such a package. 

Why aren't they available to the OP? I went to Dtac stand at Big C, paid 100 baht for sim card and signed up immediately for the 250 baht unlimited 30mbps package + free call

6 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Why aren't they available to the OP? I went to Dtac stand at Big C, paid 100 baht for sim card and signed up immediately for the 250 baht unlimited 30mbps package + free call

It states “Great value only for you”. It doesn’t mean that the offer will be available to the OP when they arrive. 
When did you apply yours?
The offers I have posted are current and will be available for at least another month. 
Your package is a good offer, but there is no way for the OP to apply it independently if they are not offered it. 

14 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Just as an aside, why was your initial SIM priced at 100 baht? The norm is 50 baht. 

4 minutes ago, NextG said:

It states “Great value only for you”. It doesn’t mean that the offer will be available to the OP when they arrive. 
When did you apply yours?
The offers I have posted are current and will be available for at least another month. 
Your package is a good offer, but there is no way for the OP to apply it independently if they are not offered it. 

Well having a Dtac sim I'm offered about 50 offers "only for me" and that's the best one for me. I'm sure every other Dtac Sim holder is also offered the same 50 offers "only for them"

Just now, Pattaya57 said:

Well having a Dtac sim I'm offered about 50 offers "only for me" and that's the best one for me. I'm sure every other Dtac Sim holder is also offered the same 50 offers "only for them"

As stated, it’s a good package and if the OP wants to take the chance they can buy and register a SIM to see what they are offered. 
You haven’t clarified WHEN you purchased this SIM, as that could have a bearing on the offers that you receive. 

3 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

For example, one of my DTAC SIM was opened during the time when 30 Mbps SIM were the norm. So that one continues in that vein. Others from another period don’t get the same offers. That is why I ask you WHEN you purchased and activated your SIM, as that may be the deciding factor. If it were in the last week, it’s a good offer. If it was when 30 Mbps was the ‘norm’…

11 minutes ago, NextG said:

As stated, it’s a good package and if the OP wants to take the chance they can buy and register a SIM to see what they are offered. 
You haven’t clarified WHEN you purchased this SIM, as that could have a bearing on the offers that you receive. 

Bought sim in March, active until 25 May and then sim not active until 28 August whereby I was offered the same deal again. Sim now not active since 24 Dec but offered the same deal of unlimited internet at 30mbps if I want, so it's a current deal

Edited by Pattaya57

3 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Bought sim in March, active until 25 May and then not active until 28 August whereby I was offered the same deal again. Now not active since 24 Dec but offered the same deal of unlimited internet at 30mbps if I want, so it's a current deal

Aaaahhh… that’s why. 
It’s not likely that the OP will be offered the same deal. The offers follow from the time you signed up and you signed up when 30 Mbps was offered universally. So in order to keep you as a customer, you may continue to get such offers. Now, the norm is no longer Unlimited at a constant bandwidth nor with free Unlimited calls. So the OP’s offers will be more in line with what is offered nowadays. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, NextG said:

Aaaahhh… that’s why. 
It’s not likely that the OP will be offered the same deal. The offers follow from the time you signed up and you signed up when 30 Mbps was offered universally. So in order to keep you as a customer, you may continue to get such offers. Now, the norm is no longer Unlimited at a constant bandwidth nor with free Unlimited calls. So the OP’s offers will be more in line with what is offered nowadays. 

What a load of rubbish. My Mate visited me in Pattaya in November and I took him to Dtac stand at big C and he signed up to the exact same deal

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

What a load of rubbish. My Mate visited me in Pattaya in November and I took him to Dtac stand at big C and he signed up to the exact same deal

In November, 30 Mbps was still being offered. This is January. No guarantee. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya57 said:

I saw this same offer on my DTAC Sim yesterday. I signed up for another offer, unlimited 15MBPS and free Call to any network up to 15 minutes per call for 200 Baht for 30 days.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, SiamAndy said:

I saw this same offer on my DTAC Sim yesterday. I signed up for another offer, unlimited 15MBPS and free Call to any network up to 15 minutes per call for 200 Baht for 30 days.

New SIM or old?

I just logged into the App of one of my DTAC SIM(not used for data at all) but that offer is nowhere to be found. So there is definitely some criteria to being offered that package. 
Mine is an old SIM so it cannot be that. I do have a SIM that I took out in the 30 Mbps offer period, so I could try that later. I could also apply unlimited 8Mbps with Unlimited calls with new SIM until recently for 175 baht. 

3 minutes ago, SiamAndy said:

About 3 months old.

If anyone wants to take the chance with a new DTAC SIM then we’ll know for sure. Worst case, they can always apply for another package if not offered the one shown by @Pattaya57

Also depends if DTAC works okay in the OP’s location. It’s not good in mine, so I have to use another network. 

8 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Mate offer is live right now on my phone in January. Get over yourself thinking you are the only one with valid sim knowledge and making excuses for why you didn't state it as a current Dtac offer

ALL of my SIM with AIS have live offers not available to everyone. But NO ONE other than existing customers who signed up during the period when these offers were live, will be offered them. That’s how it works. DTAC might be different. We’ll find out when someone opens a NEW DTAC SIM. So cool your heels and don’t get over excited. Get off my leg! ☺️

11 minutes ago, NextG said:

I won’t state it as current DTAC offer as there is no evidence that it is. 
I only post packages that ANYONE can get. Of course if you are guaranteeing that the OP will be offered it, be my guest…

Two people have stated this is a current Dtac offer, and it's offered on my phone right now, so you are the only person saying it's not a valid offer so  where's your proof it's not available

Edited by Pattaya57

2 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Two people have stated this is a current Dtac offer, and it's offered on my phone right now, so you are the only person saying it's not a valid offer so  where's your proof it's not available

It’s current for you two who signed up months ago. Don’t get mad and don’t get excited. No one had stated that no one should try it. In fact I have included you positively in all of my posts. This is just you looking for a fight and wanting to win some argument. But you are just fighting inside your own head. 
There is no guarantee that the OP will be offered that package, but we hope that it’s available anyway. So where is your argument? There is none. It’s just you having a fit. 

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Where have I posted that I'm mad? I am over your constant post backs accusing me of being mad though so you're on ignore

Because you fail to notice that I’m actually not against your suggestion but adding to it. It’s you who wants to make an argument out of it. Go back to read all the posts after you’ve had a cup of tea and ask yourself if you might have overreacted. 
Why else wot you argue with someone who stated that your suggestion is good, but not guaranteed. Those are simply facts and I took the time to calmly explain my reasoning. But it looks like you want you to be right and me to be wrong. Whereas I’m stating we are both right and your suggestion is certainly worth trying if DTAC works for the OP. If it doesn’t work, they can tap in a code for something else. So where is the argument? Only in your head. We were working alongside each other, until you had a fit.