"Best" Sim Only deal for a 3 month stay in Thailand

Thanks for the feedback chaps.  

Apologies, I didn't think to look for a mobile/data specific corner of the forum, but clearly that makes sense.

Historically, we have always gone with DTAC for no other reason that it worked first time around, and other networks can be a gamble, although with prices in Thailand, not the most massive gamble.

5 hours ago, Maud said:

As we use mainly WhatsApp or such like for communications here, data only is OK, but have an open mind to the best way to approach this.

Apart from pricing, as a general rule, when it comes to data coverage, AIS probably has the widest  / broadest reach compared to True or DTAC. The differences probably wouldn't be meaningful in the big/bigger cities, but might be if you're going to be spending time out in the hinterlands.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Maud said:

Apologies, I didn't think to look for a mobile/data specific corner of the forum, but clearly that makes sense.

Historically, we have always gone with DTAC for no other reason that it worked first time around, and other networks can be a gamble, although with prices in Thailand, not the most massive gamble.

Most people prefer AIS, but if DTAC works for you then that’s the most convenient, as if you can get the package suggested by @Pattaya57 that would be optimal. But if it isn’t offered, you have the other two options at hand @ 300 baht and 481.5 baht respectively. 

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Apart from pricing, as a general rule, when it comes to data coverage, AIS probably has the widest  / broadest reach compared to True or DTAC. The differences probably wouldn't be meaningful in the big/bigger cities, but might be if you're going to be spending time out in the hinterlands.

Another thing worth noting is that DTAC’s packages appear to be asymmetrical. So even if you do get the full 30Mbps Down, you might get max 4 Mbps Up. That possibly won’t matter to most, but it’s worthy of note. AIS tend to be symmetrical in my observation. 
Upload speed important for back-ups and the like. 

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, Maud said:

I think with all the back and forth, some confusion was created, so I’ll map out a clear path. 
It helped that you made it clear that you are happy with DTAC. 

Obviously, if you buy a SIM package such as this one:EF0B9D70-6E1D-49B7-AFDD-59854C8B4734.thumb.jpeg.aced58a5918e90d14bac41309e50b7cd.jpeg

you won’t know if you would have been presented with the offer suggested by @Pattaya57, here: Screenshot_20240107-190357_dtac.jpg

It’s not clear as to how the offer may present itself. In their excitement, they didn’t mention it. Perhaps via SMS or after installing the DTAC application. 

So if you want to go that route, you can go to a DTAC outlet, buy a SIM, install the Application and wait to see what you are offered. If nothing of interest, you can apply for the 90 day pack shown in the first picture by topping up at least 535 baht and then applying *104*283*9# on your phone’s keypad and then pressing the Dial key. 

That way you are covered both ways. 
Of course there are other options, but you haven’t made it clear as to what you actually need. 

Anyone uses 5G 15Mbps True Thor unlimited sim from shoppe/Lazada can share speed test results please.

Do they throttle it to 15Mbps actually? Cuz got True 4G 10Mbps unlimited and they don't throttle it to 10Mbps, speed tests go way over that.

I pay 200 month for some old 4G promo got calls too.

Just ordered 5G 15Mbps Thor sim 2700 year. Wonder if 5G will make a difference. 

16 minutes ago, Pattaya420 said:

Anyone uses 5G 15Mbps True Thor unlimited sim from shoppe/Lazada can share speed test results please.

Do they throttle it to 15Mbps actually? Cuz got True 4G 10Mbps unlimited and they don't throttle it to 10Mbps, speed tests go way over that.

I pay 200 month for some old 4G promo got calls too.

Just ordered 5G 15Mbps Thor sim 2700 year. Wonder if 5G will make a difference. 

They throttle it. Speedtest.net test is wrong. 
https://aseannow.com/topic/899147-vpn-speedtestnet/#elControls_10479988_menu

Post your TestMy speed test results.