How To Get Retirement Visa Back After Original Expired?

No, you can't get back a retirement visa that has expired, so just get another non-im visa and have the 800,000 baht in a bank account here already, then go to immigration and apply for the retirement visa.

Actually, as far as I know, it depends on how you departed last time.

If you thought to get a re-entry permit, you will have something like ten days to get to immigration to apply for your extension again. I am assuming that you had the so-called retirement extension before? (There is no retirement visa per se).

I have left the country before and my non-imm O expired but I was admitted back in-country no prob, with the advice that I had a limited time to get another extension. That, at least in my understanding, is what a re-entry permit is about - to keep your non-imm visa active even if the extension expires while you are away.

Otherwise, forget it. Get one at a Thai Embassy in your country before you return.

It recently happened to me and I took the extra, but probably unnecessary step of obtaining a tourist visa to re-enter and then promptly converted it into a non-imm-O and then extended that on a retirement basis.

I did have a re-entry permit and probably could have entered on that and quickly converted it, as I probably could have on a at the airport entry permit.

There is no retirement visa per se.

The OP says he had an O-A visa and I see no reason to doubt him. This non-immigrant visa category O-A is the type of visa commonly referred to as “retirement visa” by Thai consulates.

Vultureintree, you need to get a new visa from a Thai consulate again.

--

Maestro

There is no retirement visa per se.

The OP says he had an O-A visa and I see no reason to doubt him. This non-immigrant visa category O-A is the type of visa commonly referred to as “retirement visa” by Thai consulates.

Vultureintree, you need to get a new visa from a Thai consulate again.

--

Maestro

A slight misinterpretation but an understandable one.. The "O" indicates a non-immigrant visa and the "A" represents retirement status which affords you the opportunity to extend the non-immigrant visa for up to one year. You do NOT have to have a multiple entry visa to re-enter the country even if your retirement extension exprires while you are out of the country IF you have purchased a re-entry permit before departure. As I stated before, I have done this and had no problem.

BTW, when returning to Thailand with a non-immigrant visa, you do not have to stand in the 'foreign passport' line at the airport since you are a 'returning resident'. When I returned just three weeks ago, I went through the 'Thai passport' line and breezed through without question. This saves quite a bit of time since the line of foreigners requiring short-term visas can be quite long and slow-moving.

Does this thread belong in the Chiang Mai forum?

1. Did your visa expire or did your permitted to stay until stamp expire? Or do you mean you never entered Thailand after the visa was issued? And you are sure the visa was O-A and allowed up to one year for entry? If permitted to stay has not expired and you have a re-entry permit with that date you just enter using that.

2. If visa/permitted to stay until are in the past you will need to apply for a new visa. This can be done as before (if O-A) at your home country Consulate with the same paperwork/medical/police check requirements or be done in Thailand from a normal non immigrant O visa. If you do not have that even a tourist visa or non visa entry can be converted/used at an extra 2,000 baht step. But if you are going to use the 800k in bank account method that money must be in Thai located account for 3 months prior to application.