Viral Video of Foreigner Urinating Off the Back of a TukTuk in Phuket Enrages Thai Social Media Users

webfact

12 minutes ago, Umlungu said:

What are the other reasons?

General hygiene of sellers, food, utensils, etc. Environment (right next to the road), taste, texture, ingredients, oil they use, etc., etc. - I either go to a proper restaurant, or cook at home.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

Not saying what the guy did was ok. But when I lived in Bangkok I saw many locals do outrageous things too.  Maybe they also be punished to the fullest extent of the law.  It doesn’t matter what nationality who does something wrong.  These types of stories are just made to make foreigners look bad. 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I've lost count of the times I've seen Thais urinating in public and that includes women. Last one was a mother and daughter(?) stall holder outside my local 7/11. They just squatted down and did it next to their stall.  

I remember in Saigon back in the late 60's, there were signs on public buildings, "Don't urinate here".  :cheesy:

On 1/9/2024 at 6:30 AM, Pique Dard said:

...double proof of civilization: urinating in public and publishing the incident

I see quite a few Thais (men) taking a piss in public. In fact in the Soi, I used to live in. the people two doors up would have a party and the party goers would piss down the drain on the opposite side of the road. Never a problem or a word spoken by Thais living in the Soi.

21 hours ago, it is what it is said:

don't get me started... there's one of those green telecommunications junction boxes near my place and next to a temple which is basically used as an outdoor toilet by the locals, when you walk past it absolutely stinks. the irony is that there is a public toilet about 50 metres away. go figure.

Just like rubbish bins, some people won't walk that far 

21 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

...and a cookie is called a biscuit in the UK, so what's your point?

My point was a rejoinder to another's incorrect statement.

What was your point in highlighting just my answer and making a comparison even more moronic than your name and countenance?

On 1/9/2024 at 7:42 AM, TheAppletons said:

Up here in the mid north things are different. That vehicle would be a song taew. A tuk tuk here is an old single cylinder flat bed that makes a noise like it's name. The three wheel things are called Sam laws, I.e. three wheels, not tuk tuks

1 minute ago, Lazybones said:

Up here in the mid north things are different. That vehicle would be a song taew. A tuk tuk here is an old single cylinder flat bed that makes a noise like it's name. The three wheel things are called Sam laws, I.e. three wheels, not tuk tuks

Here in Chiang Mai, I'd call it a songthaew also.  

23 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Be arrested; why? Because it was a foreigner, or because of the Tuk Tuk? I see Thai men, esp. taxi drivers urinating at the curb, etc., frequently. No-one demanding to arrest them...

stopping, getting out of your vehicle and walking to a nearby bush is not quite the same as taking your wiener out while hanging off the end of a moving vehicle and urinating in the street with zero regard for who might see you. You dont see the difference? Really?

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Jackbenimble said:

stopping, getting out of your vehicle and walking to a nearby bush is not quite the same as taking your wiener out while hanging off the end of a moving vehicle and urinating in the street with zero regard for who might see you. You dont see the difference? Really?

I expect he does, but is just trying to be provocative!

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Old Croc said:

My point was a rejoinder to another's incorrect statement.

What was your point in highlighting just my answer and making a comparison even more moronic than your name and countenance?

Oh wow, that reference to my alias is just so overwhelming as if it's never been mentioned before. I guess I'll just curl up in a fetal position and slump into heavy depression.

11 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

Oh wow, that reference to my alias is just so overwhelming as if it's never been mentioned before. I guess I'll just curl up in a fetal position and slump into heavy depression.

Harden the f... up.

You should see what the idiots have twisted my nik into over the years.

Several can't be repeated on this forum.