Viral Video of Foreigner Urinating Off the Back of a TukTuk in Phuket Enrages Thai Social Media Users

webfact

6 hours ago, VincentRJ said:

Sometime you just gotta pee. What's the alternative? Let your pee drible down your legs and trousers? This can be a major problem for older men with an enlarged prostate.

press the white button and get off for a minute...geez!

• Thumbs Up 1

I could understand local people being annoyed and offended by something like this. When staying in Thailand either as a tourist or an expat one is expected to show a certain amount of decorum, etiquette and respect. 

This is likely just a low life drunk hopefully a few nights in jail might sober him up. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I could understand local people being annoyed and offended by something like this. When staying in Thailand either as a tourist or an expat one is expected to show a certain amount of decorum, etiquette and respect. 

This is likely just a low life drunk hopefully a few nights in jail might sober him up. 

Yeah sure but at the end of the day it's a nothing burger now being blown way out of proportion by "social" media. As if there aren't very serious very real problems to consider in Thailand and the world.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, VincentRJ said:

Sometime you just gotta pee. What's the alternative? Let your pee drible down your legs and trousers? This can be a major problem for older men with an enlarged prostate.

In Thailand, they also have restrooms, you know!

8 hours ago, webfact said:

A video clip of a foreign man who was standing and urinating on the back of a Tuk Tuk in Patong has gone viral on social media this week, causing outrage and anger

Wait, what?

I thought they WANTED us to assimilate, you know, "When in Phuket....." and all.

Gosh, what's next?  Anger and outrage over a blind drunk foreigner driving the worng way on a highway, running over a couple school kids, then running to hide in his mom's basement?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Human stupidity- one of kind - toilets are everywhere- fine and deport for extreme misbehavior- persona non grata 1 year 

Edited by Cadan

1 minute ago, Cadan said:

Human stupidity- one of kind - toilets are everywhere- fine and deport for extreme misbehavior- person non grata 1 year 

Seems rather harsh.

Perhaps a point system is needed for public urination?

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, 0815 said:

Brit or German ?

Theoretically, after Marcel Finette's brillant audition at German Pop Idol casting show in 2010, the Germans now know how to properly shake after business.

So I bet that he is definitely not German.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, HighPriority said:

Sometimes I’m filled with pride to be farang… 😢

Where I lived in Bangkok Thais were regularly peeing in the Khlong, along a busy street. You knew where they did so because the bars alongside the Khlong were rusty from being pee'd on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I've lost count of the times I've seen Thais urinating in public and that includes women. Last one was a mother and daughter(?) stall holder outside my local 7/11. They just squatted down and did it next to their stall.  

Did you video it ?

It isn't nice, but then every country where people drink to excess faces this issue. In the UK there isn't a specific law against urinating in the street, but local rules might get you for disorderly conduct. Doesn't seem to stop people finding a convenient (no pun intended) wall down a side street. In France you used to be able to pee up against a tree or into the gutter but that seems to have been banned now. Doesn't stop Frenchmen from peeing in the street though. A lack of enough public urinals is probably a cause. Wish Thailand had them.

image.png.0f8c83762f70152bb464a67b375c7c8d.png

32 minutes ago, Nickcage49 said:

Another brainiac who can't hold his alcohol.

Or maybe he was playing Hop-o'-My-Thumb: I guess he wanted to be sure to find his way back, but had no single stone in his pocket

So the solution he found was: just pee! And for the way back: follow the track!