Dizzy in the morning

Celsius

11 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Another member who consults AN readers instead of a doctor. Weird. I know some people are afraid of doctors, but I'd be more afraid of asking non-qualified people for medical advice.

Bizarre. OP, go to the hospital immediately for blood tests. Won't cost much and could save your life. 

On 1/9/2024 at 1:09 PM, Celsius said:

I started feeling lightheaded every morning for a week now...

1. Do you mean for a few moments immediately upon rising from the bed or the whole morning?

2. What is the indoors carbon dioxide level?

On 1/9/2024 at 1:09 PM, Celsius said:

I started feeling lightheaded every morning for a week now. Suspiciously it started at the same time the pillution in Bangkok started getting much worse. I have been living in Bangkok and crappy air for 10 years now but never felt this bad. I have a feeling it is affecting my gut. At night my nose is completely stuffy to the point I fight for air. 

The air purifier is not helping much.

Should I be worried?

YEs!  Be very worried.  

I always go for the simple, easy solution before jumping to complicated measures.

I had the dizzyness problem too.  You are not a teenager anymore.  Slow down, quit rushing around.  Count to 5 before standing up out of bed.  This solved my dizziness problem and it went away completely.

If you are doing a lot of airplane travel vertigo can result too.

I used to have the allergy blocked sinus breathing problem at night while trying to sleep.  A handful of urine snorted daily in the nostrils returned my breathing to perfectly functioning airways again.

Taking the initiative and directing your body to respond to your requests is helpful too.  Make health a habit by design.  I say daily prayers for a healthy body and strong immune system.  The result is a body that responds as directed.  Like a drill seargeant directing a new recruit.

• Like 1

Similar experience ...  ..But i would start coughing and have an hour long episode of clear phlem   at night

went to Hua Hin/Bangkok hospita   l  saw a doctor ..  weight  great blood pressure perfect .   ordered a CT scan  which showed mucus / congestion in left lung   he then wanted me to go for a MRI  $1100  ????    I spent about $350 dollars that day and wasted  6 hours ... I decided that A..  this was a power  $$$ grab and I know the mucos is comming from post nasal ..

went to Hua Hin government hospital ..   signed in .    saw a doctor within  10 mins    ,,sent me down for a chest xray, see an ENT Doctor  (ears clean / clear )

back up to see the 1st doctor ,,   she concluded..    that it's a reaction to the  dirty filthy air.. especilly from all the farms in the area constantly burning the fields at night,   gave me a script for an Antihistamine and a nasal spray  .. sent me down to a physical therapist to show me how to cough to get rid of phlem and breathing exercises to open up the airway ......  issue done..  no more episodes !  total bill for all doctors and xray/scripts was $65 and in and out in 3 hours      Special note****  if you are not fluent in speaking Thai ,,  bring someone with you . ( have my wife help with that )

the doctors all spoke english .   the nurses/staff did not  .    Also note .  the doctors at  the Government hospital.  spoke to me..  and explained everything

I give them a solid 10 out of 10

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Luuk Chaai said:

back up to see the 1st doctor ,,   she concluded..    that it's a reaction to the  dirty filthy air..

Yea... funny thing...  the air is a bit better this morning and I don't feel lightheaded much.

Meanwhile I also googled the side effects of filthy air and and dizziness seems to be fairly common. 

Edited by Celsius

20 hours ago, superal said:

I do not think anyone is claiming to be an expert on this post , the exception being Sheryl . Members like to chat and exchange their experiences with folks who have had  similar medical conditions . 

Of course , getting an appointment with a decent Thai doctor ( if in Thailand ) is the answer and nobody on this forum is suggesting otherwise . 

You may have missed the irony in my post. But even though it is often just an exchange of ideas and experiences there are certainly posts that strongly suggest a certain course to be taken, and that was what I was referring to.

Possible sign of early dementia

Feeling dizzy is one of the first signs of dementia for some patients. Even in the early stages of the disease, most dementia patients experience dizziness and balance problems at some point. In addition to dizziness, dementia patients may also experience a range of related symptoms, including: Lightheadedness.

--Causes and Treatment for Dementia Dizziness - Neural Effects

So it seems like dizziness is somehow related to stress. And yes I have been very stressed about my move back to Canada and notice that when I eat more junk food it goes away.

But now I noticed something else :clap2:

I am at my wife's house which has quite a steep stairs. When I go up, my kneed are making an awful crackling sound. I googled it and what comes up is "my knees sound like rice krispies". Diagnosis - knee crepitus.

I guess it's only downhill from here.

• Haha 1