In need of advice about my Visa Situation

I don't really know what to do and i'd appreciate some ideas or perspectives from others.

I am staying on a 1 year marriage extension which is expiring on february 3rd. Out of stupidity i booked a flight to my homecountry leaving Thailand on february 14th and coming back on march 7th. 

Now the original plan was to extend the extension of stay this week, which gives me the visa under consideration valid from feb. 3rd to march 3rd. I was planning to make a re-entry permit. But now i am convinced that this re-entry permit would only be valid till march 3rd if i am not mistaking - i did not verify this but it would be logical. Meaning i can only get back into the country by march 3rd or earlier because by this day i need to pick up the final extension.

I see 2 possibilities

1) changing return flight to march 2nd to enter the country by 3rd with the re-entry permit. Then go pick up extension of stay on the immigration

2) changing outbound flight to feb. 3rd and let my permission of stay expire. Then apply in my homecountry on the embassy for a 60 day non-im visa to enter the country on my booked return date on march 7th. With this visa stay 60 days and then go to the immigration and apply for the extension of stay for another year

Is there any third option i might not considerate? 

Thanks alot for your ideas and time to give me some hints.

Edited by Chris747

16 minutes ago, Chris747 said:

Is there any third option i might not considerate? 

Have you previously used "60 day extension to visit wife" 

That would push back the until date and you could do the renewal extension when you are back

Just now, bubblegum said:

Enter on visum exeption and do extention based on marriage.

If he enters visa exempt he would firstly obtain a non O and then subsequent 12 month extension. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Have you previously used "60 day extension to visit wife" 

That would push back the until date and you could do the renewal extension when you are back

--> never used this 60 day extension. I stay 7 years always with 1 year extension. When i left/came back always had a re-entry. I doubt you can get a 60 day extension after a 1 year extension - i might be wrong?

On 1/11/2024 at 6:33 AM, DrJack54 said:

If he enters visa exempt he would firstly obtain a non O and then subsequent 12 month extension. 

On the basis he will require a visa to extend. Visa exempt means you have no visa. 

• Confused 1