Report on a 12 month Non O retirement extension at Jomtien Immigration 11 Jan 2024.

15 minutes ago, ThailandNinja said:

No TM30, 90-day or house book shenanigans.

Thanks for report.

I was under the impression that Jomtien had gone TM30 crazy. Good to see it wasn't required.

Along with TM47

Regards bank book? Seems photocopies of pages were sufficient.

No bank statements required.

Did you use money in bank or monthly income? 

44 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks for report.

I was under the impression that Jomtien had gone TM30 crazy. Good to see it wasn't required.

Along with TM47

I had a bank statement and bankbook.
Money in bank.

14 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks for report.

Along with TM47

Just a wild guess, but it seems that people with an "older" TM30 are being asked to do a new TM30 with the new reporting system for just about any transaction. While people with "newer" registrations are not or maybe it's just a crap shoot. 

For those who own or those who have helpful landlords, getting a new TM30s is easy. Those with foreign landlords who don't live in country find it not so easy, regardless of what the rules strongly suggest as being the responsibility of the landlord. 

When I become the head of Immigration, there will be a single TM77 which is a combination of TM30 and TM47. 55

Good report!  Very easy when you have the correct paperwork and an appointment.  I did my non-o retirement extension here in Chiang Rai last month.  Just like the op I had an appointment and everything went quickly.  The only difference is that I had to provide copies of my latest 90 day report and TM30.  My original TM 30 from 2018 when I moved to Thailand is still stapled in my passport and that was all I needed even though I have left and reentered the country on numerous occasions and also stayed at various hotels within Thailand.

• Like 1