Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Thai Woman Robbed of 32,000-Baht Gold Necklace on Pattaya Walking Street

webfact

284796_0-696x522.jpg

A 25-year-old woman of Thai nationality said she was robbed of her gold necklace on Wednesday night while walking on the popular Walking Street in Pattaya.

Update: The suspect was arrested late yesterday, January 11th, and a full article will be up shortly pending more details from Pattaya police.

Ms. Amarin Kokaew, the victim, told Pattaya police on January 10th that she was walking along Walking Street around 10:00 PM when a tall, young man on a motorcycle approached her. The man quickly reached out, grabbed her gold necklace, which weighed 1 baht and was valued at approximately 32,000 baht, before speeding away toward the Wat Chaimongkol intersection.

Shaken by the incident, Ms. Amarin immediately went to the Pattaya Police Station to report the robbery. She also gave a CCTV recording of the incident to investigating officer Pol Lt Saijai Kamchulla.

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-01-12

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Thumbs Up 2

When reading AN I always wonder why there are gold shops, because according to the members here, you are not supposed to wear any of the jewellery sold there, other than inside your own house, maybe. And even then...........

Could it be that most of those members never can afford gold at the current prices, and their comments are driven by envy?

1 hour ago, stoner said:

police are now on the hunt for indian men wearing new gold chains. 

Please look below:

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Update: The suspect was arrested late yesterday, January 11th, and a full article will be up shortly pending more details from Pattaya police.

13 minutes ago, BenStark said:

When reading AN I always wonder why there are gold shops, because according to the members here, you are not supposed to wear any of the jewellery sold there, other than inside your own house, maybe. And even then...........

Could it be that most of those members never can afford gold at the current prices, and their comments are driven by envy?

Nah, I think you got that a bit wrong. Most of us are trying to say, it should not be a common thing to wear when bar hopping, like on Walking Street or in such places where risks of robbery are higher. But, of course, that´s only an advise and have nothing to do with any members economic situation.

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

A 25-year-old woman of Thai nationality said she was robbed of her gold necklace on Wednesday night while walking on the popular Walking Street in Pattaya.

Stop wearing your bling outdoors... especially along beach road.

4 hours ago, BenStark said:

Best to wear the fake gold stuff.. available in many places.

4 hours ago, BenStark said:

How many baht can you afford, Benny?

Edited by 2baht

4 minutes ago, 2baht said:

How many baht can you afford, Benny?

None of your business, and if i would give you the figure you would call me a liar or a bragger any way.

Point is that I don't envy people who can afford jewellery and wear it, as that is what it's intended for

Just now, BenStark said:

None of your business, and if i would give you the figure you would call me a liar or a bragger any way.

Point is that I don't envy people who can afford jewellery and wear it, as that is what it's intended for

See you on Beach Road! Take a walk on the wild side! :thumbsup:

21 hours ago, BenStark said:

Strange conclusion or theory you came up with. 

I can certainly afford to replace the gold necklace that was torn off my neck one day many years ago.  But the incident taught me it is a stupid thing to do, flaunt gold, in some areas and times, like Beach Rd at say 3am! 

I mean, who do I seek to impress, and why?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Strange conclusion or theory you came up with. 

I can certainly afford to replace the gold necklace that was torn off my neck one day many years ago.  But the incident taught me it is a stupid thing to do, flaunt gold, in some areas and times, like Beach Rd at say 3am! 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

That alone shows that you wear jewellery for the wrong reasons

She's actually a lovely young woman, perhaps a bit too trusting of her environment. Hopefully she gets her necklace back. If not, maybe a generous member here could be so kind as to replace it for her.

Victim.jpg

17 hours ago, Moti24 said:

Why was she wearing a 32k Baht chain, at 10pm, walking along Walking Street!

I thought a Thai would already have been educated on such a stupid idea.

Maybe she was seeking a new investor    :thumbsup: