Rejected at Nong Kai border for unknown reason

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Now go back (like you ever did look anyway) and check the appointments calendar and advise us what the FIRST AVAILABLE DATE is.

Thanks for playing.

Got appointment for this Thursday.  Playing was fun.

"Dear
Your appointment has been set.
Your appointment is on Thu 18, January 2024 from 09:00 - 12:00 at the Consular Section of the Royal Thai Embassy, Vientiane, Lao PDR.
Please Print or Show this email message once you get to the Consular Section of the Royal Thai Embassy, Vientiane, Lao PDR.
===================================================- IMPORTANT INFORMATION -
=====================================================

Ref Code: qbHAGi
Queue #: 100
Time: 09:00 - 12:00
Date: Thu 18, January 2024"

I'll cancel it now in case the OP wants it.

• Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, siwiek said:

post a video of you trying to click those appointments links, otherwise you are lying!!!

all those links are "grey" because the appointments are full those days, nice try again for your disinfo though 

Got appointment for this Thursday.  Playing was fun.

"Dear
Your appointment has been set.
Your appointment is on Thu 18, January 2024 from 09:00 - 12:00 at the Consular Section of the Royal Thai Embassy, Vientiane, Lao PDR.
Please Print or Show this email message once you get to the Consular Section of the Royal Thai Embassy, Vientiane, Lao PDR.
===================================================- IMPORTANT INFORMATION -
=====================================================

Ref Code: qbHAGi
Queue #: 100
Time: 09:00 - 12:00
Date: Thu 18, January 2024"

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Got appointment for this Thursday.  Playing was fun

I'll cancel it now in case the OP wants it.

How to cancel? We've now taken up 2 bookings on Thursday to prove OP wrong.

I replied to my email and sent another to the link they state and both were rejected. Says we're banned from appointments for a month if we're a no show on Thursday 😀

Edited by Pattaya57

2 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

How to cancel? We've now taken up 2 bookings on Thursday. I replied to my email and sent another to the link they state and both were rejected. Says we're banned from appointments fora month of were a no show Thursday 😀

Same here (so thats 3 bookings)...  Oh well, its a shame, but if the Op wanted an appointment and has to wait a further day its because he's shot himself in the foot and argued instead of finding out for himself. 

• Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, siwiek said:

post a video of you trying to click those appointments links, otherwise you are lying!!!

all those links are "grey" because the appointments are full those days, nice try again for your disinfo though 

you are flat out wrong....why should anyone have to prove it to you....go online and follow the directions and make an appointment...or look at the post where someone just made an appointment for tomorrow......its' not rocket science.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

How to cancel? We've now taken up 2 bookings on Thursday. I replied to my email and sent another to the link they state and both were rejected. Says we're banned from appointments fora month of were a no show Thursday 😀

The appointment can be cancelled from your account on the website, click "My appointments" - there's a cancel button and a cancellation confirmation shows.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, siwiek said:

checked the Thai Embassy schedule and it would require waiting here in Laos a few more weeks, at minimum to apply for the visa.

So I bought a ticket to Chiang Mai airport.

Make an appointment for a visa in Lao now in case you get rejected in cm, just in case you may change your mind and want to take another shot at it. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

I replied to my email and sent another to the link they state and both were rejected. Says we're banned from appointments for a month if we're a no show on Thursday 😀

That is why i didn't go through the process but it is plain as day that if you want an appointment there are many available...seems op wants to argue about something rather than just go online and make the darn appointment...troll?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Same here (so thats 3 bookings)...  Oh well, its a shame, but if the Op wanted an appointment and has to wait a further day its because he's shot himself in the foot and argued instead of finding out for himself. 

Two, I've cancelled mine.  The appointment can be cancelled from your account on the website, click "My appointments" - there's a cancel button and a cancellation confirmation shows.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Two, I've cancelled mine.  The appointment can be cancelled from your account on the website, click "My appointments" - there's a cancel button and a cancellation confirmation shows.

Thanks cancelled mine as well now. Thai embassy probably wondering what the hell is going on with 3 cancelled bookings on Thursday 😀

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:
13 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Thanks cancelled mine as well now. Thai embassy probably wondering what the hell is going on with 3 cancelled bookings on Thursday 😀

Also done....

I wonder if the Op will take a step in the right direction and try and help himself out... 

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Also done....

I wonder if the Op will take a step in the right direction and try and help himself out... 

No, he's flying to Chang Mai because he couldn't get a visa appointment in Vientiane for 2 weeks 😉

Edited by Pattaya57

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Also done....

OR,.....OP may request to close the thread.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Like everyone else on this thread now, I suspect, I don't give a toss.

Agreed... I felt sorry for the Op and was ready to offer as much help as I could. 

I was even ready to PM him and offer contacts etc...   but his responses are such that I wouldn't put my neck out and put him in contact with people who could help only to discover he's just a pain in the backside who is making his own problems. 

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OR,.....OP may request to close the thread.

Why even bother to leave it open when he's made it clear what he thinks of forum members and Thai immigration (could that be the missing link for his IO's rejecting him?)

hours ago, siwiek said:

ignore all the trolls who work for Thai Immigration, they try to spread disinfo on here every day like a full time job.

Imagine being stupid enough to give personal identification material to dozens of elderly trolls on retirement visas and shills from Thai Immigration that hate you, and have nothing to do but trash talk strangers on the internet. no thanks!

Edited by Pattaya57

On 1/12/2024 at 9:56 AM, it is what it is said:

assuming this tale is genuine, a little common sense goes a long way. at immigration never draw attention to yourself, just be another tourist arriving. only speak of spoken to, remain calm and polite at all times. if an IO behaves in any way unprofessionally to your detriment calmly and clearly ask to speak to a superior.

personally, i've never had any issue with a thai IO, those i have seen having issues have always been brought about by their words, actions or behavior, or the words, actions behavior of their thai partner! that's tip 2, go alone.

The only problem I ever had was at Suvarnabhumi,  where an immigration officer noticed that my retirement visa was issued by an office outside my home province. I live in Chonburi, the visa was issued in Roi Et. That was a problem for a few minutes.

• Thanks 1

On 1/12/2024 at 3:56 AM, siwiek said:

follow up to 

So like an honest citizen I followed what the Phuket immigration police told me (then again, they were 20 year old intern girls talking to me because the police officers refused to answer any questions during that experience)... and I stayed out of Thailand until 2024 and tried to enter again via Laos border. 

I told the IO my story and he kind of grinned and said don't worry, it's a new year you can enter here no problem. Then he saw something on my profile in the Thai Immigration database that confused him so we went to chat with the boss. She was also very nice and couldn't believe my story, but she seemed unsure what to do because of this warning on my profile. She said that since Phuket's initial reason for denying me entry was because they suspected I had fake boarding passes, this was therefore an airport problem and she asked me to go back to Laos and fly into Thailand into Bangkok airport to "clear this" and said after that I would have no more problems. Of course, no information about exactly what I'm "clearing" or how to "clear" it and also no guarantee Bangkok will allow me into Thailand despite her assurances.

After the Suvanabumi Airport immigration asked for 25,000 bribe in December that I politely turned down, I decided to do everything honestly and visit Laos like the Phuket intern girls instructed me (they said Chiang Mai airport is also fine).

But of course this also failed and I'm out $800 in airline tickets so far trying to come back to Thailand since December.

What is the lesson that you wish to others from your experience?

Get a "better" visa?

Stay away from Thailand?

What's the takeaway?

2 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Great, going through the process I accidently booked an appointment for Thursday at 0900 😀  

(Must be privileged though since you said 2 weeks to do it)

Screenshot_20240114-194144_Outlook.jpg

Oh my, isn't that precious. It appears @Pattaya57 had donated an appointment slot to the beleaguered OP.

That's what (forum) friends are for.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

What are you doing Thursday then? Fancy a trip to Laos? Optional Udon Thani stopover either side?

4 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Oh my, isn't that precious. It appears @Pattaya57 had donated an appointment slot to the beleaguered OP.

That's what (forum) friends are for.

Catch up. You supported OP and called BS that people could make an appointment in less than 2 weeks in Vientiane and 3 of us made appointments for Thursday

You're as big a troll as OP is

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

So, in order to make the OP look foolish, three members have made fools of themselves.

Priceless.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

2 hours ago, novacova said:

Make an appointment for a visa in Lao now in case you get rejected in cm, just in case you may change your mind and want to take another shot at it. 

...and start a third rejection thread for the wide-mouth bass that swim amongst us.

2 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

You are the one who said you can't make an appointment before 2 weeks, who's the fool?

Mods should look at your posting history. You've made about 30 posts today and every single one of them has sniped at, criticised or abused posters

Hardly an upstanding forum member worth worrying about what you think

<giggle>

• Sad 1