The Treves Saga

gennisis

From the Guardian's football site, it seems that the case might not go to the courts, with West Ham after compensation of about 100,000 quid to release his registration.

Someone's going to make a lot of money from the deal and it won't be West Ham.

Seems like it's headed for the High Court and with some optimism that it'll be settled in the Redsox favour before the transfer window closes.

I don't know that we'd settle for £100,000 though ? It should be more like the £5.5ml we were fined in the first place. This one could roll and roll for even longer.

Seems like it's headed for the High Court and with some optimism that it'll be settled in the Redsox favour before the transfer window closes.

I don't know that we'd settle for £100,000 though ? It should be more like the £5.5ml we were fined in the first place. This one could roll and roll for even longer.

According to the Guardian website, West Ham have been working with the Premier League to come up with a settlement to avoid the High Court. The rumour is that West Ham want £100,000 but the deal hasn't been put to Joorabchian yet. They're expecting Tevez to be at Man U by midweek.

According to the Guardian website, West Ham have been working with the Premier League to come up with a settlement to avoid the High Court. The rumour is that West Ham want £100,000 but the deal hasn't been put to Joorabchian yet. They're expecting Tevez to be at Man U by midweek.

As I've intimaed mate, I'd have been shocked if the club took a mere £100,000. We need to really stuff this slimebag , Joorabchian :o

Anyway, from the , erm. Daily Mail

West Ham have just two days to agree an out-of-court settlement with Kia Joorabchian over the transfer of Carlos Tevez to Manchester United — or face a lengthy, expensive court case.

Joorabchian's lawyers are ready to go ahead with their High Court claim for breach of contract and damages on Wednesday, having already served a writ against West Ham.

That leaves West Ham, Joorabchian and the Premier League little time to agree a compromise deal, with United's bid to land Tevez in a £30million deal before the transfer window closes on August 31 under threat.

However, if the matter reaches court and Joorabchian is successful in his claim, then Tevez would become a free agent, meaning he could sign for United outside the window. The concern then would be to register him by the end of August in time for the Champions League group stages.

West Ham held two meetings with the Premier League last week in an attempt to find a compromise.

That is understood to involve Joorabchian paying the club £6m to release the Argentine's registration. But yesterday sources close to Joorabchian insisted he would prefer to go to court.

Joorabchian wants to pay just £100,000, the figure cited in Tevez's original deal with the London club which landed them with a £5.5m fine for breach of rules on third party ownership of players. But such a small amount is unlikely to satisfy the Premier League who insist West Ham must be the major cash beneficiaries of any move.

The Premier League didn't think they were separate, they fined West Ham £5.5m because they were connected. West Ham didn't think they were separate, firstly they accepted the fine then they 'tore up the agreement' to try and separate the 4 year contract from the third party connection.

Regardless of the attempted takeover of the club the Premier League ruled that the Tevez contract and Joorabchian,s 'ownership' of Tevez were connected so if West Ham tore up their contract with Joorabchian they must have also made their contract with Tevez null and void.

No, they fined us £2.5m for allowing a 3rd party to have influence over team affairs - a rule designed to prevent match fixing. And another £3m for not disclosing this to the league.

The agreement was null and void by default as it broke the rules of the league which the club and player have to adhere to, hence we had to agree to disregard it, and KJ just had to lump it.

I believe this must go to court as it's outcome will affect football worldwide for years to come. Though it shold be the league that does it rather than one club whose fans have taken enough shit already.

Edited by tw25rw

I believe this must go to court as it's outcome will affect football worldwide for years to come. Though it shold be the league that does it rather than one club whose fans have taken enough shit already.

They're in negotiations about an out-of-court settlement that should/could be resolved in the next couple of days I still hope that the Guardian was wrong about the amount though.

They're in negotiations about an out-of-court settlement that should/could be resolved in the next couple of days I still hope that the Guardian was wrong about the amount though.

If the Premiership agree, it should see the end of it today with Tevez signing for the Redsox by Monday.

The deal apparently is that West Ham get around £2million for giving up the contract and MSI/Joorabchian will get something like £10ml for loaning Tevez over two years to old red-nose's lot. Something like the Mascherano deal with Liverpool I think. There's also an option for ManUre to sign him after for another £30ml after that.

So unless there's a further twist (unikely) it'll should be all done and dusted - as far as the out of court bit is concerned - sometime today. Thank <deleted>. :o

Tevez: It's over at last

£2M deal will let Carlos join United today

By Martin Lipton Chief Football Writer 03/08/2007

Carlos TEVEZ can join Manchester United today after a deal was reached between West Ham and Kia Joorabchian's MSI over the Argentina striker's registration.

Weeks of increasingly fractious negotiations ended with MSI agreeing to pay the Hammers around £2million for Tevez's registration and contract.

That figure - far more than the £100,000 MSI were initially prepared to pay - will bring the matter to a close without the need for a messy High Court case in which the Hammers stood to be accused of illegally tearing up their contract with Tevez's third party owners.

Once the deal is formally ratified by the Premier League and the FA today, it will allow United to complete their agreement with Joorabchian over the Argentine and apply for the striker - now officially a free agent - to be registered as an Old Trafford player.

But the Premier League and West Ham could still find themselves on the receiving end of a huge compensation claim from Sheffield United who maintain Tevez should not have been allowed to score the goals that effectively relegated them last term.

Last night there was a sense of relief at Upton Park at the end of a long and bitter spat which has benefited nobody.

Talks went on throughout yesterday to find an agreement after the two sides faced the prospect of a messy and potentially embarrassing court case. But a breakthrough finally came as MSI's lawyers stepped back from all-out conflict to find a resolution acceptable to both sides, even if it has seen the investment company pay far more than they wanted to free Tevez from his entanglement with the Hammers.

West Ham insist the payment is not a transfer fee for the player, but a settlement which recognised that Tevez was under contract with the club, and that a compensation payment was required.

There is still the possibility that the Premier League, which will go through the terms of the deal with a fine toothcomb, may not give its approval.

United will sign Tevez on an initial two-year deal, paying £10million up front, with an option to complete his £30million signing at the end of that period.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...89520-19564483/

Glad that this is all over, and we can now get down to the football, rather than reading about lawyers and agents.

In the end, it's a reasonable deal for Man United, as if it all goes Veron, then the fee isn't big and he'll just leave at the end of the contract. The only thing I'm not to sure about is that there still seems to be the third party influence.

Anyway, let's get the season going :o:D

Edited by mrtoad

Glad that this is all over, and we can now get down to the football, rather than reading about lawyers and agents.

In the end, it's a reasonable deal for Man United, as if it all goes Veron, then the fee isn't big and he'll just leave at the end of the contract. The only thing I'm not to sure about is that there still seems to be the third party influence.

Joorabchian has players at Man Utd and Liverpool now. I hope the prem keep a close eye on his dealings cos he's a venomous snake and West Ham are well rid of his lingering presence.

Edited by tw25rw

Joorabchian has players at Man Utd and Liverpool now. I hope the prem keep a close eye on his dealings cos he's a venomous snake and West Ham are well rid of his lingering presence.

Agreed on that, people like Joorabchian are not needed or wanted in the game.

I'm not sure that it is entirely over yet as apparently there may be some sort of action taken about the illegal tapping-up of Tevez ?

As far as MSI/Joorabchian are concerned, if my understanding is right, they can now only act as agents for Tevez and not as any other third-party interest.

But MSI/Joorabchian - scumbags all, imo.

I'm not sure that it is entirely over yet as apparently there may be some sort of action taken about the illegal tapping-up of Tevez ?

As far as MSI/Joorabchian are concerned, if my understanding is right, they can now only act as agents for Tevez and not as any other third-party interest.

But MSI/Joorabchian - scumbags all, imo.

Yeah, tapping up. If they go down that route then all of the clubs in the league are going to have a problem.