Pot industry pushes back against draft law that would put an end to Thailand’s cannabis revolution

webfact

Just now, nobodysfriend said:
How can CBD be used to benefit health?
  • Lowering blood pressure. ...
  • Reducing inflammation. ...
  • Preventing relapse in drug and alcohol addiction. ...
  • Treating anxiety disorders. ...
  • Treating gastrointestinal (GI) disorders. ...
  • Preventing seizures. ...
  • Fighting cancer.

https://www.jwu.edu/news/2021/09/7-potential-health-benefits-of-cannabis.html

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320984#What-are-the-medical-benefits-of-cannabis?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK425767/

Systematic Reviews

Using the committee's search strategy only one recent review was found to be of good to fair quality (Rocha et al., 2014).3 The review focused exclusively on the anti-tumor effects of cannabinoids on gliomas.4 Of the 2,260 studies identified through December 2012, 35 studies met the inclusion criteria. With the exception of a small clinical trial, these studies were all preclinical studies. All 16 of the in vivo studies found an antitumor effect of cannabinoids.

https://www.healtheuropa.com/health-benefits-of-cannabis/92499/

https://www.businessinsider.com/health-benefits-of-medical-marijuana-2014-4

Read it , interesting ...

I am a busy man , do not have much time for Asean now ...

You know whats the difference when I had my Ganja tea ?

I still have to do the same things , but i do it with a smile ...

Nobody is disputing medical CBD, what we are discussing is recreational THC

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, connda said:

Forum Rule 5: In factual areas such as news forums and current affairs topics member content that is claimed or portrayed as a fact should be supported by a link to a relevant reputable source

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7605020/

Is there a link between marijuana use and psychiatric disorders? | National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) (nih.gov)

Does cannabis cause mental illness? | NDARC - National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre (unsw.edu.au)

enough?

Edited by JBChiangRai
apologies copy paste failure
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, connda said:

Hey folks.  I know some of you have strong feeling about the issue - but - if you are going to make a statement that is posed as a "commonly accepted fact' then please substanciate your opinion with a citation or a link to a relevent topic from an authoritative source.

Let's all play by the same rules.  :thumbsup:

Forum Rule 5: In factual areas such as news forums and current affairs topics member content that is claimed or portrayed as a fact should be supported by a link to a relevant reputable source

already done

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Moonfire said:

Well, don't cherry-pick.....and be a hypocrite.... all of nothing LOL 

Required Warnings for Cigarette Packages and Advertisements 

WARNING: Smoking causes head and neck cancer.
WARNING: Tobacco smoke causes fatal lung disease in nonsmokers.
WARNING: Smoking causes cataracts, which can lead to blindness.

WARNING: Smoking reduces blood flow, which can cause erectile dysfunction.
WARNING: Tobacco smoke can harm your children.
WARNING: Smoking causes bladder cancer, which can lead to bloody urine.

WARNING: Smoking reduces blood flow to the limbs, which can require amputation.
WARNING: Smoking causes COPD, a lung disease that can be fatal.
WARNING: Smoking causes type 2 diabetes, which raises blood sugar.

WARNING: Smoking during pregnancy stunts fetal growth.
WARNING: Smoking can cause heart disease and strokes by clogging arteries.

I am a non-smoker...but are cigarette packets large enough to put all that on it?  Seriously though, I think the risks of smoking have been around a long time but still people do it, as with other addictions. Probably go the same way with Weed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lexxy said:

No word, insight or consideration for the benefits of medical marijuana?  - many studies have shown this.

And that is also what the new law aims at, allowing it for the medical benefits only.

Not for people getting stoned and claim it heals the pain in my shoulder

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, CM Dad said:

I will be 77 in a few months and I think it should remain legal.  Perhaps I am still too young to be a "winging(?)' old man.

But you aint winging mate :)

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, stoner said:

not really as these studies are often very narrow and centered. they rarely take into account dozens of other factors that may lead to any of the named conditions. 

little johnny started to get high at 16 and turned all psycho....yes and little johnnys father used to kick the shhhh out of him daily after school. oh ya and to boot his mother was an alcoholic and habitual drug user. 

david went loco in his office today and it was blamed on his heavy cannabis use. in other news davids mother died last week and he caught his wife cheating on with another man in their bed. 

o ya and david's son is being relentlessly bullied and assaulted at school on a semi regular basis too.

could cannabis be a factor into some mental conditions. absolutely. however again so many factors go into that as well. was the person already wired to be that way and cannabis was one of the factors that put it over the edge. quite possible yes but then the issue was always there. 

what about someone who drinks and smokes cannabis heavily ever day ? 

blame cannabis. 

and no that's not my parents and i am not johnny. 

A well argued point of fluffy nonsense

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, stoner said:

not really as these studies are often very narrow and centered. they rarely take into account dozens of other factors that may lead to any of the named conditions. 

little johnny started to get high at 16 and turned all psycho....yes and little johnnys father used to kick the shhhh out of him daily after school. oh ya and to boot his mother was an alcoholic and habitual drug user. 

david went loco in his office today and it was blamed on his heavy cannabis use. in other news davids mother died last week and he caught his wife cheating on with another man in their bed. 

o ya and david's son is being relentlessly bullied and assaulted at school on a semi regular basis too.

could cannabis be a factor into some mental conditions. absolutely. however again so many factors go into that as well. was the person already wired to be that way and cannabis was one of the factors that put it over the edge. quite possible yes but then the issue was always there. 

what about someone who drinks and smokes cannabis heavily ever day ? 

blame cannabis. 

and no that's not my parents and i am not johnny. 

2 minutes ago, stoner said:

now you are just being silly. go troll somewhere else. 

Perhaps you could post studies and references instead of nonsense then I wouldn't have to call you out.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, connda said:

OP's claim:  "Many studies have shown this"

Can you provide citations or links to the studies that support your statement as per Forum Rule 5?

(Forum Rule 5: In factual areas such as news forums and current affairs topics member content that is claimed or portrayed as a fact should be supported by a link to a relevant reputable source.)

you google right

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Perhaps you could post studies and references instead of nonsense then I wouldn't have to call you out.

what nonsense did i post ? i posted scenarios that would have effects on your studies. there would be literally unlimited number of stories like this that would effect the studies you posted. none of which is addressed anywhere.

you trolled back.

• Thumbs Up 1

If it was medical keep it that way but Thailand open this can of worms not for the reason. Im sute those who want it will use that excuse to no end.

Revolution, this is just another reason to fatten that brown envelope.

• Confused 1