YouTube question - help please.

cliveshep

24 minutes ago, Sigma6 said:

my mistake! even better then :thumbsup:

And can be paid yearly with none of the automatic renewal issues (I do not like such commitments as we age and forget).

31 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

And can be paid yearly with none of the automatic renewal issues (I do not like such commitments as we age and forget).

Is it any cheaper?

Mine goes out monthly from my Kasikorn account - I get an SMS so its not forgotton

7 minutes ago, Sigma6 said:

Is it any cheaper?

Mine goes out monthly from my Kasikorn account - I get an SMS so its not forgotton

Don't remember if any cheaper but a quick check should show the options if you have not subscribed.  They already have me so not getting such advertising.

Why would you pay for a free site when you can download ad-free using Clip Grab?

Anyway - confession time - lack of comments button etc is/was my fault as for some reason I must have increased the screen magnification and YouTube retained the setting. Made the magnification less and hey presto I got comments etc back again. I only found this out while accessing the site from Firefox instead of Opera because I wanted to make a comment and deciding the font was too small increased magnification whereupon the comments section and button vanished.

Decreasing magnification on Opera restored it too.

On 1/29/2024 at 1:02 PM, cliveshep said:

Why would you pay for a free site when you can download ad-free using Clip Grab?

Just eliminating the majority of adds is just one part of premium and you can’t get everything that premium offers in one place and as simply as YouTube offers.

I don't have a pay account, and YT has even stopped with the pop up, asking me to turn off the adblocker.

If the add is in the vid, it's not YT, it's the YT'er that places those.  I won't watch any YT'er that does that.   If they want to tell me about their sponsor's product, fine.  I just fast forward pass it.