YouTube question - help please.

cliveshep

Over the last couple of weeks YouTube has increased the ads to a disproportionate level but that is the price to pay I guess for a free service. If I want to watch something uninterrupted  there is a simple solution, using free clip grab app I can download it - no ads!

What is really annoying though is that the comments sections and the comments button have entirely disappeared from all the videos. Now that means I can no longer contact many contributors, actually none of them.

So not to be overly paranoid but...................is it just me or have all of you encountered the same issue? Asked on Quora but they just babble on about a dislike button so no help.

If it is just me for some reason, and as I am never abusive but only comment to ask a question or compliment the creator I am at a loss as to why. What if anything can I do in such a case? You Tube are owned by Google and the Americans have a justifiable opinion that they are just too big and need to be broken up, cannot disagree with that but be that as it may - how to contact them if it is just me and get answers or solutions?

This does not affect me because Google have blocked me on You Tube saying that I did something in my account, either a comment or something I posted, was against their rules. I have appealed many times, but to no avail.

I have very rarely commented and have NEVER posted anything.

Luckily I have another gmail address which I can use, but it just seems that Mr G thinks they are all powerful.

Unfortunately I like Google Earth, Maps, Translate, Lens etc etc.

• Agree 1

Poster can turn off comments - but it will be listed as such - most are open for comments as normal in my viewing.  Also have the normal like/dislike.  Using normal Chrome browser.  Although I did invest in the low cost of advertising removal/premium music.

• Like 1

Why not post a link to one of said videos, so we can tell you?

I can see all comments for all videos I view.

However at work I can't see any, because IT have settings that make youtube run in restricted mode.

what device are you browsing on? Some TV boxes dont show youtube comments.

2nd edit after reading your OP again:

Do you mean when watching the downloaded file from 'clip grab' you can't see the comments?!

Edited by Sigma6

This came up a few weeks ago.  One poster recommended uBlock origin.  I downloaded it as a firefox extension.  It works, but you'll have to disable AdBlock on the YouTube address.

Most ads don't appear.  Sometimes when clicking on a video, the start screen for an ad will appear, but the ad will not run, and the video will start in a few seconds.

Comments section sits below the video.  There is a comment line, but that sends you to a log-in link.  I prefer not to log in.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, stoner said:

especially when you encounter certain sites with an overzealous amount of ads

No idea what you refer too :tongue:

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Sigma6 said:

Why not post a link to one of said videos, so we can tell you?

2nd edit after reading your OP again:

Do you mean when watching the downloaded file from 'clip grab' you can't see the comments?!

Try this one: 

And no, not when I use clip grab.

It seems to be just me - I am not blocking ads or anything, using Opera so don't know why I am blocked. My son in the UK just checked - he has no problem either.

What can I do?

4 minutes ago, cliveshep said:

It seems to be just me - I am not blocking ads or anything, using Opera so don't know why I am blocked. My son in the UK just checked - he has no problem either.

What can I do?

Yeah, i can see the comments.
What does it show on your screen where the comments should be? screenshot?

5 minutes ago, cliveshep said:

Just tried on Firefox although not signing in - comments are there ok. What has Opera done to me?

Goto the URL opera://settings/siteData, type youtube.com in the quick-find field and choose "remove all shown". Do the same for google.com. Then, log back into Youtube and see if things are working again. If not, I'd disable your extensions one by one to see if any are causing the problem. I'd also temporarily disable Opera's adblocker and tracking protection to see if that's the cause.

9 hours ago, cliveshep said:

What can I do?

Make sure the built in VPN in Opera is not active!

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, cliveshep said:

Over the last couple of weeks YouTube has increased the ads to a disproportionate level but that is the price to pay I guess for a free service. If I want to watch something uninterrupted  there is a simple solution, using free clip grab app I can download it - no ads!

What is really annoying though is that the comments sections and the comments button have entirely disappeared from all the videos. Now that means I can no longer contact many contributors, actually none of them.

Go Premium, it costs next to nothing with no ads and access to the, generally, illiterate and moronic comments section

15 hours ago, cliveshep said:

Try this one: 

I see the comments fine, and I can add a comment if I wish.

I did not watch to see if I got YT ads or not.

But I do run ADGUARD in Chrome which is what I watched it with.

22 hours ago, cliveshep said:

So not to be overly paranoid but...................is it just me or have all of you encountered the same issue? Asked on Quora but they just babble on about a dislike button so no help.

If it is just me for some reason, and as I am never abusive but only comment to ask a question or compliment the creator I am at a loss as to why. What if anything can I do in such a case? You Tube are owned by Google and the Americans have a justifiable opinion that they are just too big and need to be broken up, cannot disagree with that but be that as it may - how to contact them if it is just me and get answers or solutions?

It has happened to me several times -try a different browser and/or clear your cache.

I watch YouTube mostly on iPad, when the ad first interrupts the beginning of the video, I just swipe away the video and click on it again, but of course this doesn’t do the trick mid way in to the video.

22 hours ago, Sigma6 said:

Goto the URL opera://settings/siteData, type youtube.com in the quick-find field and choose "remove all shown". Do the same for google.com. Then, log back into Youtube and see if things are working again. If not, I'd disable your extensions one by one to see if any are causing the problem. I'd also temporarily disable Opera's adblocker and tracking protection to see if that's the cause.

How did you insert the box around  opera://settings/siteData

From what I understand.  You are using something called free clip grab app?  That’s what is probably blocking some of the things.  You dont know what third party apps can effect when using them

On 1/17/2024 at 7:36 AM, soyaleman said:

Made me so frustrated that I ended up paying €13 monthly for the premium subscription. 

Its 5eu (199thb) if you pay from Thailand