Hiring A "Lady Take Care Me" Advice?

Ebumbu

18 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

How much can you afford to pay?

That's what she asked me. If I determine I need it for recovery, I can afford to pay whatever it takes. I read that a nurse is perhaps 50,000 baht a month. I don't need that or medical services per se. I need all-around shopping, cooking, cleaning, laundry, massage, and whatever comes up. My mobility will be effected. My goal is to pay fairly and not exorbitantly. 

Just now, AndyAndyAndy said:

Yes.

11 minutes ago, proton said:

15k-18k would be fair

To be clear, this is for her to live with me full time for a month, right? Seems pretty reasonable to me. If she must work out of town on weekends, does it lower the monthly cost? Thanks for your input. 

2 hours ago, Ebumbu said:

To be clear, this is for her to live with me full time for a month, right? Seems pretty reasonable to me. If she must work out of town on weekends, does it lower the monthly cost? Thanks for your input. 

Seams reasonable for 8-12 hours a day 7 days a week with 4 days off per month.

Rides 4 Kickz had a video in youtube about a year back, have a look. I recall live in nurse was around 20k+ a month or something like that. Rented from a service provider, not hired I think. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Been with mine for 14 years ...........

How much longer do you think I should wait for failure? 

I don’t always agree with what you post, but I think that was a perfect response.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for responses. I haven't thought much about the security angle. I have credit cards, ATM cards, bank books, passport, utility bills, birth certificate, and a wallet with cash. Computers are encrypted and passwords aren't written down, but could conceivably be stolen. Installing a safe is the best way to protect myself? I'd need to ask landlord, I guess. Thoughts on security? 

I'm not fishing for a relationship with this woman. But sure, the company might be nice. Money was brought up very quickly, and she had been a beer bar "owner but not worker" in the past. I understand the LOS love-game rules. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, mran66 said:

Rides 4 Kickz had a video in youtube about a year back, have a look. I recall live in nurse was around 20k+ a month or something like that. Rented from a service provider, not hired I think. 

I've been looking for it. Do you happen to have a link? 

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Do not, under any circumstances, disclose what assets you have. Or what you can afford.

She knows the URL of my ecommerce website (an asset). Was this a big mistake? I guess I should conceal Thai bank books. Other statements are online only. It's been helpful to think through these issues. 

10 minutes ago, Ebumbu said:

Thanks for responses. I haven't thought much about the security angle

You may don't like this but my advice is return to your home country.

When/if you can't take care of all things by yourself risk getting ripped off is too great....

When you're sick and bed ridden it doesn't matter where you are. Play safe!

56 minutes ago, Ebumbu said:

Thanks for responses. I haven't thought much about the security angle. I have credit cards, ATM cards, bank books, passport, utility bills, birth certificate, and a wallet with cash. Computers are encrypted and passwords aren't written down, but could conceivably be stolen. Installing a safe is the best way to protect myself? I'd need to ask landlord, I guess. Thoughts on security? 

I'm not fishing for a relationship with this woman. But sure, the company might be nice. Money was brought up very quickly, and she had been a beer bar "owner but not worker" in the past. I understand the LOS love-game rules. 

If money has been brought up quickly, AND she has been an bar owner, IMO those are a huge red flag. IME bar owners have hearts of stone.

I store all my passwords with Bitwarden, it has only one master password.

Photograph all your cards and documentation on your password-protected phone. Back up the information on an encrypted thumb drive. It saves time if anything is stolen.

• Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, proton said:

You are not a Thai worker, for such it's a fair level of payment, it's more than 500 baht a day. The minimum legal level is less than that, even in Bkk.

Ha,too funny, 24hrs at your beck n call, is fair? My condo housemaid gets 500+ for a quik visit😂

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ebumbu said:

I've been looking for it. Do you happen to have a link? 

Contact him for details and contact info for the provider if interested. he also in fb. Loucous McCain

Edited by mran66
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Been with mine for 14 years ...........

How much longer do you think I should wait for failure? 

Hmmm.  Living in Thailand and 14 years with the same lady.  Perhaps you have failed already?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, mran66 said:

Contact him for details, he also in fb. 

Apparently, I can get a full-time nurse for 20k. And, that would bypass the security issue. I'll reflect on all this. I also wouldn't mind companionship during my recovery. I won't be "DTF" for a while after surgery. Massage would be nice though. Thanks for this lead. 

3 hours ago, Olmate said:

Fair for you not me! 500bht 24hr day sheezz.!! 

2 hours ago, Olmate said:

Ha,too funny, 24hrs at your beck n call, is fair? My condo housemaid gets 500+ for a quik visit😂

Without trying to sound rude, you're asking the community for wage rates and then telling them it's not right.

500 baht per day is indeed an OK wage here depending on the work, location etc. 7-11 workers work about the hours you're suggesting and earn in the region on 9k baht per month. Earlier you mentioned that nurses earn 50k... a few might, but the vast majority will be on well under that. Those nurses care for dozens of patients. You're asking her to look after 1. The workload will be cushy compared to what would be expected from a Thai employer.

18k would be a VERY fair wage. Live in, with meals, less than that.

2 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

Without trying to sound rude, you're asking the community for wage rates and then telling them it's not right.

Those quotes are not me. I didn't tell anyone they're not right. I appreciate all advice given here and it's given me some useful information. 

• Thanks 2