One Champion Boss to Give 350,000 Baht to Help Send Recently Deceased Iranian Boxer’s Body Home From Phuket

webfact

419699926_405578128484168_27368624439981

Phuket, Thailand – The One Champion boss will give 350,000 Baht to help repatriate recently deceased Boxer Fariyar Aminipour’s body back home to his family.

One Championship Thailand reports that the family of MR. FARIYAR AMINIPOUR wants to have his body sent home. However, they are struggling with financial problems.

The cost of transferring his body is 350,000 Baht. MR. FARIYAR’s friends and his fan club have appealed for donations to help his family.

By Goongnang Suksawat

PHOTO: One Championship Thailand

Full story: THE PHUKET EXPRESS 2024-01-18

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, webfact said:

The One Champion boss will give 350,000 Baht to help repatriate recently deceased Boxer Fariyar Aminipour’s body back home to his family.

Good deed and even a better PR stunt....

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

A good deed? I guess so, but there are better uses for the money here in the country but they would attract less attention in the press. 

I never understood the sentimentality and rigmarole about bodies, burials etc. I tell my wife save the 150K for the funeral, just buy a can of petrol and throw it over me in the back garden, but she is worried about the police. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

One day I hope you understand. But until then, I hope that you will learn that you should respect the beliefs of others. Under Islam is is critically important that the deceased's body is handled a certain way and that certain rites and proceedures are followed - that is why it is so expensive. 

Understanding and respecting does not mean you agree - it just means you accept it is that person's belief.  Not everything is right or wrong - you dont need to take a side on everything.

There's always one huge virtue signalling hypocrite in the room isn't there? Ugh, and I suppose you you respect the beliefs of cannibals to eat their ancestors.

No you don't, do you? Because in your highly biased opinion, their's is not a belief that you should respect. Get they behind me Satan, with your hypocrisy.

And I never implied their belief was wrong, it simply differs from my beliefs, which is that after death we are gone and it doesn't matter a fig what happens to our bodies. Believing it does, is no different to a cannibal believing that they should earthier ancestors flesh. Superstition pure and simple.

The difference between you and me mate is that I understand my biases, but you don't think you have any, because you lack the ability to see yourself. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, retarius said:

There's always one huge virtue signalling hypocrite in the room isn't there? Ugh, and I suppose you you respect the beliefs of cannibals to eat their ancestors.

No you don't, do you? Because in your highly biased opinion, their's is not a belief that you should respect. Get they behind me Satan, with your hypocrisy.

And I never implied their belief was wrong, it simply differs from my beliefs, which is that after death we are gone and it doesn't matter a fig what happens to our bodies. Believing it does, is no different to a cannibal believing that they should earthier ancestors flesh. Superstition pure and simple.

The difference between you and me mate is that I understand my biases, but you don't think you have any, because you lack the ability to see yourself. 

I did not expect any less - was hoping for more - but got back what was expected.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, retarius said:

A good deed? I guess so, but there are better uses for the money here in the country but they would attract less attention in the press. 

I never understood the sentimentality and rigmarole about bodies, burials etc. I tell my wife save the 150K for the funeral, just buy a can of petrol and throw it over me in the back garden, but she is worried about the police. 

That is risky. She might do that before you have been declared clinically dead.