Thai Women’s Breast Cancer Cases Increase by Over 17,000 Annually

1705481143_298143-tnamcot-768x402.jpg

BANGKOK, Jan 18 (TNA) –Thai women faces rising breast cancer threat with over 17,000 new cases annually, ranking first among cancers in women.

After the death of a 45-year-old Thai actress, Julaluck Isamalone, who succumbed to the breast cancer, Public Health Minister Dr. Cholnan Srikaew expressed concern for Thai women facing the menace of breast cancer, which has become the most commonly diagnosed cancer in Thai women and globally.

The ministry’s spokesperson Ms. Trichada Sritada said the incidence rate of new patients is approximately 12% per year, with 17,742 new cases reported in 2023, averaging 49 cases per day.

Full story: Thai News Agency 2024-01-18

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

3 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The ministry’s spokesperson Ms. Trichada Sritada said the incidence rate of new patients is approximately 12% per year, with 17,742 new cases reported in 2023, averaging 49 cases per day.

I'm not sure about this story. I looked into it a bit and it seems like just another alarmist piece of hack "journalism". 2020 the figure was higher.

https://gco.iarc.fr/today/data/factsheets/populations/764-thailand-fact-sheets.pdf

Screenshot (1218).png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Must be asking for more funding, for the ministry.

Or they are trying to raise awareness of this disease.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bbko said:

Or they are trying to raise awareness of this disease.

21st Century, most women are well aware of their 2 main cancer risks.  Same as men.  People leave the cave once in awhile.

I do what I can to help, with sign on our wall:

image.png.652a19af557bff247e8d12b8946b9168.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Haha 1

but what do those women eat and put on their skins, lotions, make-up, fake tits that can leak...  are those women slim like they used to be with small breasts or is it more common for the fattier women to get cancer as they are mainly fat... 

I see a rise in cancer even within my own thai family who primarily eat seafood. I have a pause of concern of whether these issues are also related to the fukoshima nuclear power plant consistently releasing their radioactive contaminated water into the oceans....not to mention the smog of all the cars belching their oil (hydrocarbons are a known carcinogen) contaminated smoke into the air because of lax controls.....

Edited by Tbone999

Hmm, seems to be a large increase in cancers in most "advanced" countries.  Maybe it's due to better screening. 

8 hours ago, gargamon said:

And in the west there's a surge in colorectal cancer, especially in younger patients 35+. They're still trying to understand the causes. 

Most young people are sedentary and eat poor diets including plenty of sugar and little fiber. 

They're also more up for cornholing each other and inserting foreign objects.  In Vancouver there are public health nurses whose sole job is to teach sodomites how to bugger each other.  It can't be good for one's innards. 

Thailand is still using pesticides, which are forbidden in western countries.

Already years ago they tried to ban in Thailand, but no, it is still there and used.

Keep up the good work of making your citizens sick and have cancer.