Thailand applied for BRICS membership last year

I read that Thailand had formally applied for membership in the BRICS economic forum last year.  I'm surprised I missed that. 

Currently the Thai Chamber of Commerce is getting in gear to support the membership application and interact with the CoC of other BRICS nations. 

https://www.bricschambers.com/brazil/brics-chambers-in-thailand-2023/

• Thanks 1

Makes sense, good for them.  ASEAN & BRICS more beneficial partnerships than with EU & USA, who seem to be more about control than partnerships.

Might even be able to get some of that Brazilian beef over here, foe a decent price.

• Thumbs Up 1

Get use to this.  The BRICS nations will relatively soon be part of an economic power-house of now "developing and developed nations" buoyed by economic trade and cooperation as opposed to outdated colonial-based sanctions and economic warfare.

Personally I welcome this new dawn of global economic cooperation. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, connda said:

There are a couple of different types of expats.

1. Expats who hate the people from countries whom their own country tells them to hate.  Therefore is the Geo-political winds of fate shift, suddenly you have to "Leave" because your countries 'enemies' are moving into your neighborhood.
2. Expats who are part of the global village who except people as individuals and not an evil emissary of the country in which they hold a passport or where they were born.

I'm the second type.  I don't care where people are from.  I'm interested in their story and their right to attempt to pursue happiness while living in foreign countries. 

Personally I can't grasp the visceral hatred some of our fellow expats have for the expatriated citizens and tourist of other countries. 

Yea ... what he said, especially that last sentence.

How do you hate people you haven't, and probably never will meet.  All too telling :coffee1:

• Agree 1