Asus Laptop Repair in Pattaya ?

henrik2000

Hi all, thanks again for all suggestions.

The 2014 workhorse laptop which seemed dead for good is running smoothly again! 

I got a PM from forum member Serenity Now, who said his thread post here had been removed for some criticism. So thankful that he still wrote in with a PM. His main instruction (quote): 

so take out the battery 

hold the power button solid down for minimum 30 seconds

then try to power up

win 10 sometimes puts the laptop to sleep and no power or anything shows so try the 30 second trick  

And I couldn't believe my eyes when the laptop fired up as if nothing had ever been. 

According to Serenity Now it's an ill-guided Windows behaviour in certain situations, and as said, even the light for “connected to charger” didn't work anymore - not because of hardware trouble, but because of Windows locking something seriously off.

I can't at all explain the details, but the laptop has been at work for 12 hours now, including some rebooting. 

Glad I tried this, against my own belief. I might still go to Wattana and PC2U with some very small problems, just to see who the good guys are you may need as a traveling no-nerd hack.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, henrik2000 said:

Hi all, thanks again for all suggestions.

The 2014 workhorse laptop which seemed dead for good is running smoothly again! 

I got a PM from forum member Serenity Now, who said his thread post here had been removed for some criticism. So thankful that he still wrote in with a PM. His main instruction (quote): 

so take out the battery 

hold the power button solid down for minimum 30 seconds

then try to power up

win 10 sometimes puts the laptop to sleep and no power or anything shows so try the 30 second trick  

And I couldn't believe my eyes when the laptop fired up as if nothing had ever been. 

According to Serenity Now it's an ill-guided Windows behaviour in certain situations, and as said, even the light for “connected to charger” didn't work anymore - not because of hardware trouble, but because of Windows locking something seriously off.

I can't at all explain the details, but the laptop has been at work for 12 hours now, including some rebooting. 

Glad I tried this, against my own belief. I might still go to Wattana and PC2U with some very small problems, just to see who the good guys are you may need as a traveling no-nerd hack.

What is shocking, is that none of the small repair shops to which you took it, thought to do that. 
The assumption was they actually diagnosed the fault, but didn’t have the part. 
Unfortunately @Serenity_Now spoiled what would have been a useful post, by littering it with abuse and spurious ‘advice’. Shame, but nevertheless a good result. 

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, NextG said:

Unfortunately @Serenity_Now spoiled what would have been a useful post, by littering it with abuse and spurious ‘advice’. Shame, but nevertheless a good result. 

I think you will find the 'spurious' was not I 
or maybe a reread will allow you a better understanding 
apologies if English is not your first language..

Again let me explain OP asked about a brick, a laptop no better than a doorstop
Dead NO power Useless
Suggestions;
Install Linux on a non powering laptop I know Linux is good but i was in the dark about these mystical powers.
Upgrade to SSD or more Memory ...
Run a Utility on a dead non powering laptop

Those are the thoughts I will leave you to ponder on
Obviously I am not as skilled as many who can practice such dark arts of resurrection.
I can only hope to learn

Edited by Serenity_Now
just for fun

1 hour ago, Serenity_Now said:

I think you will find the 'spurious' was not I 
or maybe a reread will allow you a better understanding 
apologies if English is not your first language..

Again let me explain OP asked about a brick, a laptop no better than a doorstop
Dead NO power Useless
Suggestions;
Install Linux on a non powering laptop I know Linux is good but i was in the dark about these mystical powers.
Upgrade to SSD or more Memory ...
Run a Utility on a dead non powering laptop

Those are the thoughts I will leave you to ponder on
Obviously I am not as skilled as many who can practice such dark arts of resurrection.
I can only hope to learn

Not really sure what that’s all about and to be honest I didn’t really bother to read it all. 
Take it easy. Enjoy your life.