Marriage visa renewal without the 400,000 in the bank

10 minutes ago, karl2007 said:

Would this be enough to get my visa renewed for the 4th time? Or would immigration still require the 400,000?

Does your countries embassy in Thailand issue "income letter"? 

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Does your countries embassy in Thailand issue "income letter"? 

I work in Thailand so the company is based in Thailand. I get paid in THB into my Bangkok Bank account

Edited by karl2007
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, karl2007 said:

I work in Thailand so the company is based in Thailand. I get paid in THB into my Bangkok Bank account

Can you not rely on your tax record in that case, if you work and pay taxes in Thailand, for the income method?

24 minutes ago, UKresonant said:

Can you not rely on your tax record in that case, if you work and pay taxes in Thailand, for the income method?

I have a tax ID card and I pay local taxes that get deducted from my salary. I have a work permit that my company has issued for me and I have been working for the same company for over 3 years. Would this be enough

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, karl2007 said:

I have a tax ID card and I pay local taxes that get deducted from my salary. I have a work permit that my company has issued for me and I have been working for the same company for over 3 years. Would this be enough

You are currently on a marriage extension. 

What are the financial requirements pertaining to maintaining a bank balance for the two months prior to extension?  Does a marriage extension allow for combined deposit+income?

Have you asked at YOUR local immigration office about using your Thailand income?

5 minutes ago, karl2007 said:

What you have described is good, BUT if you are going to use your Salary, WP etc (instead of 400k) THEN Immigration also want certain Documents which your Company must provide, to enable your extension using this method.

Just now, NoDisplayName said:

Does a marriage extension allow for combined deposit+income?

No the the combination method was only for Retirement, even that unfortunately that seems to have slid in to an area of possible discretion rather than a clearly listed option...

15 minutes ago, karl2007 said:

Can only say most likely, better enquire with your IO, should be fine  it's getting deposited in a Thai Bank and revenue department recognise it, what more could they ask for! With Thai based earnings, they even allowed it to be an average of 40K/month in the past. (They may ask for your current tax filing for the 2023 year?)

Edited by UKresonant

Yes you can. On top of your bank book and statement showing less than 400,000 baht, passport, marriage cert., etc, the IO will want to see additional documents relating your income earned and paid in Thailand.

1. Work permit - validity up to around the same date that you want to extend your visa to i.e. next year.

2. Thai company commercial registration, current company certificate, VAT certificate, PND50 for past year, PP30 & PND 1 previous 3 months

3. Your PND 91 for past year, previous 3 months SSO payment receipt & details.

These requirements differ from one IO to another, so your local IO may want more or less of the above.

A bank account statement from the last 12 months showing an income of 400,000 baht is sufficient.

You will also need a copy of your bank book with a booking made on the day you applied to immigration, as well as confirmation from the same day that your account still exists.

That's definitely how it is with a pensioner. Maybe this doesn't apply to you.

Edited by BerndD

3 hours ago, dcmcp said:

Yes you can. On top of your bank book and statement showing less than 400,000 baht, passport, marriage cert., etc, the IO will want to see additional documents relating your income earned and paid in Thailand.

1. Work permit - validity up to around the same date that you want to extend your visa to i.e. next year.

2. Thai company commercial registration, current company certificate, VAT certificate, PND50 for past year, PP30 & PND 1 previous 3 months

3. Your PND 91 for past year, previous 3 months SSO payment receipt & details.

These requirements differ from one IO to another, so your local IO may want more or less of the above.

That would be an extension based on work.

The OP appears to want to stay on an extension based on marriage.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

That would be an extension based on work.

The OP appears to want to stay on an extension based on marriage.

That is what is required at my local IO, visa based on marriage, working for and salary paid by Thai company

On 1/22/2024 at 11:19 PM, NoDisplayName said:

You are currently on a marriage extension. 

What are the financial requirements pertaining to maintaining a bank balance for the two months prior to extension?  Does a marriage extension allow for combined deposit+income?

Have you asked at YOUR local immigration office about using your Thailand income?

A marriage extension does not allow for a deposit and income combo, only a retirement extension.

On 1/22/2024 at 9:29 PM, karl2007 said:

. But last month I bought a condo for a good price and couldn't wait until after my visa renewal.

I had a similar situation a couple of years ago.

Go to your local IO and explain the situation, they will inform you as to the option that works for them.

In my case I wa short of the season perion ny a couple of weeks , The suggested an overstay and come back when the funds were seasoned. Not a problem . But for you since you are employes , you have many more options.

Go ask them, Dress nice,smile a lot and be polite, You will find them to be very accommodating