Lone Kuwaiti Tourist Fights Off Five Young Teen Robbers in Pattaya

webfact

Is it not a rather worrying concept , that merely the absence of some  parental discipline means that this is the sort of behaviour  a disproportionate number of kids these days revert to as a sort of "default setting"    Are they all just inherently evil until taught otherwise ?      Could be time for a cull

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Almer said:

They havnt grown them yet

Doesn't matter   they can still be dealt with, in the same way a young bull can be "treated" to ensure it won't grow horns before the horns appear,   Or simply remove their empty scrotums, removing the future potential for aggression and the ability to further their flawed genetic lineage,   that's got to be a win=win  situation 

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The parents are entirely to blame, for not being parents. Proper parents raise their kids, they don't pass them on to others. Some might, might do what you say and actually visit their kid now and then, but bring a parent is not a part-time job.

Unfortunately necessity means that parents have to travel for work. Look at bargirls for example, do you really think they can support their kid while they are out on the game? Good grandparents will raise good kids but as someone else alluded to, there are a lot of bad or indifferent Grand-parents out there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I think an automatic enlistment at 18 to the army for 5 years should be a good sentence

As long as they are subject to full military type discipline and are never , under any circumstances, allowed to ever come into contact with firearms 

4 hours ago, cdemundo said:

Was there a generational change in Thai attitudes toward child raising?

not sure about that but there is a definite and increasing lefty ideology starting to appear,  mainly amongst the ranks of the university educated enlightened types, If the rest have not noticed the dire situation prevalent in western countries it does not bode well for the future here. 

These universities have an awful lot to answer for,  and its sad to see it starting here 

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I assume, then, that you are fine with kids being able to commit crimes with impunity. Including murder, as has happened recently.

No. Your post sounds like people who are young in your own country don't do the same. That is complete BS!! 

14 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

Unfortunately necessity means that parents have to travel for work. Look at bargirls for example, do you really think they can support their kid while they are out on the game? Good grandparents will raise good kids but as someone else alluded to, there are a lot of bad or indifferent Grand-parents out there.

And how big a percentage of the population are bargirls? And if parents have to travel for work, in most countries they take their kids with them. They wouldn't dream of doing anything else. It's just another example of Thais never taking responsibility for anything. The reason Thais have kids isn't to raise them, but to use them as an insurance policy so those kids take care of them when they get old. They don't have kids to be parents of them in the western sense. And being a proper parent, being there every minute for them, raising them with proper values, is pretty important in our culture. Not in Thai culture. Just dump them with grandparents who can barely take care of themselves, let alone raise boisterous kids.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

In my country young kids do not roam the streets at 3am with knives and guns looking for people to rob. Maybe one or two, but we read of it often here. So no, they don't do in my country. To say it is so is complete BS!!

What is your country?  This crime is not common in Thailand as well. You've had 2 times where you don't mention your country. Name it!!! Do you understand these articles are picked out for a reason?  Many of us walk around Bangkok mega city as well and never ever see this! 

Edited by alex8912
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

What is your country?  This crime is not common in Thailand as well. You've had 2 times where you don't mention your country. Name it!!! Do you understand these articles are picked out for a reason?  Many of us walk around Bangkok mega city as well and never ever see this! 

My country is the US, and I'm well aware of what has gone on there for the last 67 years, but here it' s as bad or a lot worse regarding wayward children. Gang activity here is abundant, as well as gun crime. It starts, as always, with a lack of fathers around teaching the children respect for life, and moms who make the lie that they need to go to Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket, Chaing Mai or any other large city to get work, while the children are left with grandparents, many times just one, and these "parents" let the children drive scooters at 8 years old, stay out late at night, and aren't aware or look the other way when the children get involved with drugs, crime, or manipulating clueless young girls by the hundreds of thousands into having sex with them, and when they have the inevitable babies, guess who gets them? Look at how animals are treated here and you'll get an idea how humans are subsequently treated by these same individuals when they get older. My ex's mom had 11 children. Who does this? People who are, like mentioned, looking for someone to take care of them when they are older. Funny thing is, only three are left back at the house. One daughter who has a smaller house there next door, and contributes little. One who was in a scooter accident and only can gather firewood and such, at 46, because that's about all he can do. One, who's a very disturbed 25 year old "man" who still sleeps with mom. The other's only come around during holidays. My ex now lives there, with my daughter (part time) and hates her mom, because she knows what I know about how narcissists are created. Having 11 children with very little love involved, and only for attention and maybe a future care taking position, is dead wrong. Crime here, again because fathers aren't around much to teach the kids different, is pretty high, especially for a country where country is huge. This is but one link to see what goes on Many are available if you look...................https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Thailand

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

You are a "progressive liberal" ?  If so you should take this opportunity to apologise , as its the lily livered liberal policies that are pretty much responsible for  this sort of behaviour 

Omg. Are you waaaaay off about me!!  I also don't think the average Thai teenager even knows what liberal means in Thai! Why don't you read Barry's post again. Just because he was never out at 2 or 3am when he was a teen he is also blanketing his entire country ( that he won't mention ). I am sure that crimes with young people with knives or whatever in his perfect little country still happen. I bet there are publications in his perfect country that also OMIT these crimes and hopefully others that report it.  These articles are picked sometimes for a REASON. One is it excites posters on here to post.  70 million Thais out last night here and we have a crime!  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

You must live in the state of confusion , not the USA.  Far far worse crimes happen by 16 year olds in the USA and the VAST majority would never get 5 years for this exact crime. I mean never.  In California the victim of this crime might get into trouble however. 

I lived there for 62 years, and was a gun salesman for the last 6 before I moved here. I see daily news of what goes on worldwide, and so I know. People who commit crimes in America are punished at all ages. No exemptions like there is here, and there isn't a lack of prosecution there like there is here. They might not get 5 years there for this crime, especially if it's a first offense, but they will be held accountable in some way. There is a lot of gang activity in the big cities here like anywhere else, and human trafficking is huge, and many law enforcement personnel are involved here. Look at the news. I knew about corruption here decades before I moved here, and it is one reason I will be taking my daughter to live in the US as soon as possible.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

Omg. Are you waaaaay off about me!!  I also don't think the average Thai teenager even knows what liberal means in Thai! Why don't you read Barry's post again. Just because he was never out at 2 or 3am when he was a teen he is also blanketing his entire country ( that he won't mention ). I am sure that crimes with young people with knives or whatever in his perfect little country still happen. I bet there are publications in his perfect country that also OMIT these crimes and hopefully others that report it.  These articles are picked sometimes for a REASON. One is it excites posters on here to post.  70 million Thais out last night here and we have a crime!  

Firstly lets just clarify something. There were not 70 million Thais,, of any age out last night at all. and those that were, were not all carrying knives.

However, If you took some time to watch the Thai news you would see that violent crime by out of control teenage  street gangs is actually not uncommon .  Whilst it is predominately Thai on Thai ,that is only due to where is it is happening, not all Thai youths live in tourist areas.

I'm not sure where @Bangkok Barry comes from but I can assure you in my country the UK  knife crime is indeed a problem, and the fact that it is predominately black on black problem, the reporting by a predominately lefty media , is definitely  skewed to say the least, and even more disturbingly, measures put in place by the police to combat this problem are  predictably dismissed by the lefties as racist, further compounding the issue 

The simple fact of the matter, that appears to evade you, is that  ANY group of  Thai teenagers  out on the streets armed with machetes at 3 o'clock in the morning are upto no good and should be automatically  assumed by anybody who sees them, police or otherwise, to be up to no good.

That also goes for lefty liberals who mistakenly  consider themselves "down" with the kids

Lefty liberal sentiments are starting to get a foothold here nowadays mainly due to the rubbish spouted in the hallowed halls of academia, as you stated in your first sentence Thai youths maybe ignorant regarding what that concept  actually means , but they are more than well aware what they can get away with

If you genuinely believe all that TAT rubbish about "the land of smiles" I suggest taking a walk on the streets at 3am in certain areas out side of the tourist ghettos  Samut Prakan,  Nonthaburi, or Aranyaprathet for example,  you wouldn't last 5 minutes

Just because an article may be uploaded here for its clickbait potential, does not mean there is no cause for concern 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, alex8912 said:

Thanks. The USA is much worse in this area than Thailand. I'd say not comparable. I'm from there too. I'm very realistic.

I didn't say worse in any way besides the mass shootings. Everything else is the same. Difference here is a huge lack of respect for life, starting with the animals an continuing with the people.  Boys here have babies one after another with young girls, and aren't held responsible for taking care of those kids. In the US, if you don't pay support, you go to jail. Ask my ex. It happened to her. You don't see teens running after people with machetes or sticks in the US. Of course it might happen occasionally, but nowhere near like it does here. Fathers take much more responsibility for their children back home. Yes, there are deadbeats, including moms, but nowhere like here, a lot for the before mentioned reason. The justice system  doesn't make dads pay for the kids they make. The breakdown of the family unit is the major reason problems occur in this world. It all starts at home, and when dads aren't home, this happens. A mom cannot teach a boy to be a man. She can try her best, but without a dad there, they look to their peers, who are clueless also.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, loong said:
13 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

If they're old enough to mug someone, their names and MUGS should be exposed!

12 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Anyone caught trying to rob somebody should be identified and their photos should be spread throughout the nation like the thieving street rats that they truly are. Fortunately, this kind of thing is fairly uncommon with regard to foreigners getting robbed here. Let's hope it remains that way. 

I agree, especially when they use weapons as in this case.

I also agree - sadly it's a sign of "woke" hitting Thailand as it has in other countries. The victims are too often disregarded in favour of the transgressors.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Mike Lister said:

In my experience here, the mugging in the OP is a very rare event. The BiB need to get a handle on such things quickly because people can just as easily stay home and get mugged,, no need to travel all the way to Thailand. Perhaps focus a little less on errant foreign pensioners on overstay and pay more attention to the antics of the local population.

"....... errant foreign pensioners on overstay and pay more attention to the antics of the local population."

Which is the easier option for the BIB to get kudos?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alex8912 said:

Bangkok has a much safer feeling than NYC or London , go to Barcelona and other tourist traps it's worse. Try wearing a Rolex around there!!

Or a gold chain in Pattaya?

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, sambum said:

"....... errant foreign pensioners on overstay and pay more attention to the antics of the local population."

Which is the easier option for the BIB to get kudos?

Interestingly, the local villain's but that involves effort.

7 hours ago, Tongjaw said:

Young kids too. Thailand is becoming as bad as UK for knife crimes by youngsters.

Are you kidding? If this had happened in London the victim would be dead or seriously injured. Those Thai kids must've been using the blades simply to scare the guy. Not that that makes it right, but just saying. 

I feel 10x safer walking alone at night in Thai cities than back home. 

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

If they're old enough to mug someone, their names and MUGS should be exposed!

Not before a trial and certainly not in thailand

Some posters here crack me up, a crime between a group of Thai teens and a Kuwaiti man, and somehow the posters here turn this into a liberal USA thread, 555. Some of you guys have American liberal's on the mind 24/7.

• Love It 1

14 hours ago, Ricardo99 said:

Land of Smiles my ass.....Land of Knives more like.

Perhaps it is, where YOU live, but not necessarily the same in the whole of Thailand.

That is the same as saying if 1 teenager is stabbed in London, the whole of the UK is over run with teenage knife fighters.

• Agree 1