Lone Kuwaiti Tourist Fights Off Five Young Teen Robbers in Pattaya

webfact

Will be Interesting to know whey have they set up upon this young Kuwaiti guy in particular?

was he wearing an expensive items, did he insulted a Thai person, was he hostile to anyone?...

Edited by ezzra
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 3

22 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Will be Interesting to know whey have they set up upon this young Kuwaiti guy in particular?

was he wearing an expensive items, did he insulted a Thai person, was he hostile to anyone?...

Or was he just a target of opportunity?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, radiochaser said:

Or was he just a target of opportunity?

Opportunity for what? was he wearing expensive jewellery? was he flashing a fat wads of cash around?... 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

I blame the parents Thailand lacks responsible parenting.  Uneducated parents, they wouldn't know how to raise kids.

Go fine the parents 1000 baht each ...  and send the kids to army camp for 6 months. 

50/50 they aren't being raised by parents but by grandparents, who are only doing so out of a sense of duty as the parents are elsewhere and can't be bothered. It's the culture here. And when I was in my teens I was never, ever allowed to be out roaming the streets at 3am. It just didn't happen. But then, I wasn't raised in a country where kids do whatever they want and are never disciplined.

As for age of criminal responsibility, what nonsense is that? If they commit a crime then they are criminals and should face the consequences, no matter what age they are. What has age got to do with it? The thugs simply exploit it and know they are untouchable.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

So what if he was... stupid maybe... but are you advocating blaming the victim... don't be part of the problem.

Just wanted to know what was the reason/s those youths have attacked the man, not blaming anyone...

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Opportunity for what? was he wearing expensive jewellery? was he flashing a fat wads of cash around?... 

Target for theft, for the very reasons you are pointing out.   

43 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

50/50 they aren't being raised by parents but by grandparents, who are only doing so out of a sense of duty as the parents are elsewhere and can't be bothered. It's the culture here. And when I was in my teens I was never, ever allowed to be out roaming the streets at 3am. It just didn't happen. But then, I wasn't raised in a country where kids do whatever they want and are never disciplined.

As for age of criminal responsibility, what nonsense is that? If they commit a crime then they are criminals and should face the consequences, no matter what age they are. What has age got to do with it? The thugs simply exploit it and know they are untouchable.

while I do respect your comment & opinion,  

I still blame the parents,  as even though as we know the kids are handed over to grandma & grandpa to look after, the parents still go and visit when they get off work or holidays come around so they can still be responsible and ensure their kids are not out at 3am ... I am sure they call and talk to the grand parents so tell them what should be happening and what is not allowed etc .... 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

What?????

You bold Kuwaiti and ask questions you wouldn't ask if say he were an Ugly American (like me)?

You have a specific problem with courageous Kuwaitis?