Scoop: "Unprecedented Proposal Emerges: Israel Offers Two-Month Ceasefire in Hostage Deal with Hamas"

image.png

In a surprising development, Israel has presented a proposal to Hamas through Qatari and Egyptian intermediaries, suggesting a potential two-month pause in the ongoing conflict. While not signaling the end of the war, this proposition is noteworthy for being the longest ceasefire duration offered by Israel to Hamas since the conflict's inception.

Israeli officials disclosed that the proposal is part of a multi-phase agreement, which, if accepted, would also involve the release of all remaining hostages held in Gaza. Over 130 hostages are still in captivity, with Israeli authorities stating that several dozen hostages may have perished on October 7 or in the subsequent weeks.

The proposal, approved by the Israeli war cabinet a week ago, signifies a departure from past rejected deals, presenting a more forward-leaning approach. The offer is currently awaiting a response from Hamas, with Israeli officials expressing cautious optimism about potential progress in the coming days.

Outlined in the proposal is a phased release plan, commencing with the release of women, men over the age of 60, and hostages in critical medical conditions. Subsequent phases would include the release of female soldiers, men under 60 who are not soldiers, Israeli male soldiers, and the return of hostages' bodies. The overall ceasefire period, encompassing the completion of all hostage releases, could extend up to two months.

A distinctive feature of the proposal involves pre-agreement between Israel and Hamas on the number of Palestinian prisoners to be released for each Israeli hostage in different categories. Subsequent negotiations would then determine the specific names of these prisoners. Additionally, the proposal includes provisions for Israel to redeploy its Defense Forces, allowing the gradual return of Palestinian civilians to certain areas within Gaza City and the northern Gaza strip.

It is crucial to note that Israel has clarified its stance, making it clear that agreeing to this proposal does not signify an end to the war, and it does not involve the release of all 6,000 Palestinian prisoners from Israeli prisons.

The United States, represented by President Biden's adviser Brett McGurk, has also become involved in the negotiations, with a focus on securing the release of hostages held by Hamas. While the proposal does not guarantee a comprehensive ceasefire, it is considered a potential pathway to de-escalation, with President Biden expressing support for a pause in the fighting to enable the release of hostages and facilitate more humanitarian aid to Gaza.

However, the complexity of the situation lies in the delicate balance between achieving progress in negotiations and addressing the broader geopolitical challenges posed by the Israel-Hamas conflict. The coming days will likely determine whether this unprecedented proposal can pave the way for a substantial breakthrough in the ongoing hostilities.

Source

image.png

• Like 2

I hope Hamas tells them to go away.

The world of public opinion is causing Biden and co bad publicity, social media is causing to much negative effect on this war

The ICJ case hasn't even reported yet on the ongoing case, which is another reason for Biden and Co to be worried,(reelection time)

The Israeli media control is not keeping the world on their side as in previous conflicts.

So to me I hope they demand a total ceasefire, IDF to move back to the Gaza boarder, unlimited access to Humanitarian Aid and the guarantee of negotiations for a Palestinian State solution with Israel for a 2 state solution as per previous UN agreement.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

The world of public opinion is causing Biden and co bad publicity, social media is causing to much negative effect on this war

The ICJ case hasn't even reported yet on the ongoing case, which is another reason for Biden and Co to be worried,(reelection time)

The Israeli media control is not keeping the world on their side as in previous conflicts.

So to me I hope they demand a total ceasefire, IDF to move back to the Gaza boarder, unlimited access to Humanitarian Aid and the guarantee of negotiations for a Palestinian State solution with Israel for a 2 state solution as per previous UN agreement.

Of course Hamas will not accept. 

Give us our hostages and we'll wait 2 months before finishing you off. 

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

I do agree , I hope that Hamas refuses the offer and that the war continues . 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

A way over the top inflammatory post has been removed.

This is the final warning to that person, keep this up and the post will not be the only thing to be removed

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

This does obviously not please the Hamas apologists and supporters. They would rather want constant ammunition to attack Israel with. This proposal shows Israel is prepared to go the extra mile for a hostage release even over and above the resolutions issued by the UN Security Council and The EU Parliament.

Not sure how anyone can disregard or criticize this but then the Hamas terrorists don't care for the Gazan civilians who would obviously benefit from this to.  This also includes significant reduction in IDF ops once fighting resumes which will make the whole process of dismantling Hamas take even longer.

Israel rejected the Hamas proposal which was a permanent negotiated ceasefire.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes correct.....lol

What's funny to you is all that's going to save the hostages. Many Israelis know that. The EU and the US know that. Only Likud supporters who want them and Bibi to stay in power don't know that. Palestinians are far too sick of seeing kids get shot to back down now. They know that a permanent solution is now or never. The rest of the world knows it too.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

What's funny to you is all that's going to save the hostages. Many Israelis know that. The EU and the US know that. Only Likud supporters who want them and Bibi to stay in power don't know that. Palestinians are far too sick of seeing kids get shot to back down now. They know that a permanent solution is now or never. The rest of the world knows it too.

Yea whatever my post has triggered you, must have done its job.

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

This does obviously not please the Hamas apologists and supporters. They would rather want constant ammunition to attack Israel with. This proposal shows Israel is prepared to go the extra mile for a hostage release even over and above the resolutions issued by the UN Security Council and The EU Parliament.

Not sure how anyone can disregard or criticize this but then the Hamas terrorists don't care for the Gazan civilians who would obviously benefit from this to.  This also includes significant reduction in IDF ops once fighting resumes which will make the whole process of dismantling Hamas take even longer.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Jeff the Chef said:

No, Israel made the offer and Hamas has the hostages, up to Israel, either get out of Gaza or no hostages, simples.

Hamas can end the war and destruction .

Hamas choose the option to prolong the war and so there are going to be thousands' more dead Palestinians and many more buildings destroyed .

Release the hostages or no more Gaza, simples

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Exactly. Hamas would have to be insane to agree to it. IMO the hostages are the only thing preventing the israelis going full on monster.

However, considering the statements earlier on, it's a considerable backdown for the israelis to even suggest a lengthy pause- I guess the gathering storm of world opposition must be worrying for them.

BTW, I don't think it's a serious offer, they must know that it's unlikely for Hamas to agree, so they can then say "look there, it's Hamas refusing a pause, aren't they just terrible people?". I don't think that by now, many will accept that at face value.

NB, the israelis don't seem to have offered to allow more aid in, so even if a pause is in effect, many Gazans will likely die of hunger, disease and cold.

Indeed.  Hamas needs to keep every hostage until Israel surrenders, yes? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

You say no, but you said: "I hope Hamas tells them to go away." which indicates you do want Hamas to continue holding the hostages. 

I was being polite, as in F/O if you want the hostages back get out of Gaza, Hamas are no doubt thinking if they give up the hostages for some humanitarian relief nothing changes and it will be back to mowing the lawn yet again in a few years time.

This is not about Hamas or the hostages, it is about public opinion against Israel and the US.

Edited by Jeff the Chef
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

I was being polite, as in F/O if you want the hostages back get out of Gaza, Hamas are no doubt thinking if they give up the hostages for some humanitarian relief nothing changes and it will be back to mowing the lawn yet again in a few years time.

This is not about Hamas or the hostages, it is about public opinion against Israel and the US.

No, you were not being polite, you were just lying. It is clear you want Hamas to continue holding the hostages. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Do you support the taking of hostages ?

Are you supporting war crimes ?

A one year old baby was taken from its Parents and is now being held hostage .

Are you siding with war criminals baby killers and kidnappers ?

Don't you realise that is illegal and morally wrong to take hostages ?

Hamas are guilty of war crimes I don't think anyone is disputing that, what Israel are trying to do is change the sympathy vote, which I believe they have lost due to social media.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Hamas are guilty of war crimes I don't think anyone is disputing that, what Israel are trying to do is change the sympathy vote, which I believe they have lost due to social media.

Isn't it strange that when you criticize Israel's actions posters assume you support Hamas. No one here has been supporting Hamas. We all just want innocent children to be live. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Jeff the Chef said:

You may think that you are part of this war , helping you side by fighting against the enemy on social media .

You may view yourself as the * 5 th infantry social media brigade * and firing likes on Twitter/ X and downvoting pro Israeli posts on social media .

You can spend all day liking social media posts and giving thumbs ups and thumbs downs .

Your home army maybe winning that war , but ultimately, you have achieved nothing at all 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

. We all just want innocent children to be live. 

Yes, we all do .

I will go further than that , I want ALL innocent people to live . 

Why do you just want innocent children to live and not innocent adults (to live) ?

• Thanks 1