Registration

Registration renewal is once a year, I would assume it expires when not renewed.

Plenty of bikes in my GF's village that are not registered, because they rarely go outside the village.

10 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Registration renewal is once a year, I would assume it expires when not renewed.

Plenty of bikes in my GF's village that are not registered, because they rarely go outside the village.

I'm talking about the number plate, would you have to re-register the bike in order to get a new plate and number.

1 minute ago, Badrabbit said:

I'm talking about the number plate, would you have to re-register the bike in order to get a new plate and number.

I don't know, ask at the DLT office.

41 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

It continues to be registered, you will just need to pay any back tax and any fees, oh yes and police fines if applicable 

This is on a really nice Z900SE it was mine from new, I sold it to my friend but he then got a job abroad and the bike has been sitting under cover, think its 5 or 6 years old now, the other problem is he has split with his wife and she wont let the log book go, I'm now looking after the bike untill they decide what they are going to do with it, it's only done 15000kms.

2 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

This is on a really nice Z900SE it was mine from new, I sold it to my friend but he then got a job abroad and the bike has been sitting under cover, think its 5 or 6 years old now, the other problem is he has split with his wife and she wont let the log book go, I'm now looking after the bike untill they decide what they are going to do with it, it's only done 15000kms.

AFAIK you can't do anything at the DLT without the log book.

• Haha 1

Just now, brianthainess said:

3 years after that, it's a long process, new book, new plates, can take days if not longer.

Well it's not my problem, it's down to them, I'm just helping them as much as I can.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

It continues to be registered, you will just need to pay any back tax and any fees, oh yes and police fines if applicable 

No that's wrong, cars and bikes are the same after 3 years if the tax is not paid, the reg. number is relocated to another vehicle. It then has to be re-registered.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

Is there an existing plate.

No need for new plate.

Was the green book officially transferred to your buddy's name.?

If not, then report it stolen w/ police and apply for new a LT office.

What provence.?

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, papa al said:

Is there an existing plate.

No need for new plate.

Was the green book officially transferred to your buddy's name.?

If not, then report it stolen w/ police and apply for new a LT office.

What provence.?

Yes bike has a plate and yes all was done correctly.

Phuket.

18 minutes ago, papa al said:

You won't be able to change to your name if your buddy is OoC.

I'm not buying the bike back I'm just looking after it I guess untill they decide what they are going to do with it, my gf has banned me from helping too much as its really not our problem, I do like too help if I can.

Edited by Badrabbit
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

I'm not buying the bike back I'm just looking after it I guess untill they decide what they are going to do with it, my gf has banned me from helping too much as its really not our problem, I do like too help if I can.

Excellent.

Carry on.

• Like 1

I've now been told that the bike is in the wife's name(she is in Thailand and not far from me) I'm sure now the bike can be made legal easily, we have a Satalite transport place close by, its safe at my house untill the wife sorts it.

Helping others can sometimes become complicated, I am retired with time on my hands so it's not a problem.

Edited by Badrabbit
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

in most DLT, after three years of non-payment, the vehicle is 'off the road' and you are supposed to surrender the plate and logbook, to get it taxed and legal again you have to re-register on a new plate plus any fines and back taxes of the three years.

you would need some 'convincing' for the DLT staff to jump through hoops to re-use the old number plate if it was special to you

you can also voluntarily surrender the plate and stop paying any taxes earlier than 3 years 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this question fits here, but I will give it a try.

Is it possible to pause tax and all that on a bike in Thailand?

In Sweden for example, you can put it on hold and only pay a registration fee every year. Less than the equivalent to 200 THB. And in Thailand the same would be like 50 THB/year if it exist. Anything like that here?

On 2/11/2024 at 4:11 PM, bokningar said:

Not sure if this question fits here, but I will give it a try.

Is it possible to pause tax and all that on a bike in Thailand?

In Sweden for example, you can put it on hold and only pay a registration fee every year. Less than the equivalent to 200 THB. And in Thailand the same would be like 50 THB/year if it exist. Anything like that here?

Plenty of transport testing stations about, pop in and ask them.