UK Bank transfer Lloyds to Wise (also UK) not gone through?

Is anyone else having issues with transferring money from a UK bank via the internet to the UK branch of Wise? Normally it takes seconds to arrive at Wise and seconds for Wise to send it on to a Thai bank but so far a transfer showing up on my Lloyds account as having been paid has not appeared in the Wise account for forwarding. It's a bit worrying especially as, although only a relatively small amount, we need it to stay solvent and in 2 days a larger amount needs to be transferred.

Is this exceptional or are there often times when the money takes a long time to get to Wise? First time for me so far! 

Checked bank - defo states on my statement the money has gone to the Wise account saved in my payee list, nothing changed as far as I know with Wise.

I sent the money to my wife, Wise sent it to me instead which is why 12 hours later on the web page my wife's transfer showed "pending" as money not received.

I complained to Wise but they are probably Thai as they promptly blamed me in spite of the evidence to the contrary saying I must have clicked my own account - which I did not. I sent all the print-outs and screen grabs off their web site in proof but they ignored them. You cannot win with some banks as no matter what facts and proof you have they got their own "truth",

I later deleted my wife's account as she lost her purse with i.d card, bank card and driver's licenses. Took a few hours of driving around to get all three replaced, a lot easier than it would have been in the UK. I told her to get a new account as well as someone put a small amount of money into her old account although she had blocked the card. She did that and a new account in her name was set up on Wise with a new account number. I tested it and money went through fine.

The reason for splitting my pension between my account and hers is to avoid a transfer amount that at the end of the year would attract a tax liability for either of us if the venal Thais go ahead with ignoring the double tax agreement with the UK and taxing my pension..

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...