Kasikorn app warning ! Android 9.0 or higher needed from 6 February....

Just received warnig on KK mobile app that from 6 February Android OS. 9.0 Or higher is needed !

So older SmartPhones need upgrade or replacement .....

A Problem for those outside Thailand , example in home country

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Just a reminder that people should update their phones rather than hang on to old ones, i think current version is android 14. Phones are cheap

Yes , but when outside Thailand you can not add your new phone to the App as you need to link  that on your KK bank

Upgrading yes ..., but a new phone you could only add on your bank , not just online .

My problem now as my oldie Snartphone Android *8.0, and my latest o.s 12.0 , of course i can use KK by  pc online

Edited by david555

22 minutes ago, david555 said:

but when outside Thailand you can not add your new phone to the App as you need to link  that on your KK bank

i think you can based on posts I've read as long as you have the same thai sim number, access from abroad, need to use the thai sim data for installing app so a one day package is probably necessary 

43 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

i think you can based on posts I've read as long as you have the same thai sim number, access from abroad, need to use the thai sim data for installing app so a one day package is probably necessary 

oh  no problem to reach them as i kept my AIS sim alive aswel as my KK bank regulary checking from my home country sim ....., strange enough by using my European sim ....,( as Thai sim in a spare dumb phone )...., so on my originall used smartphone from years ago to present time is linked with that Thai sim at KK branch .

Now working on same Smartphone using KK app with home country sim (?) ....and working by WIFI using  ,(not by phoneline however ), so must be the imei number seems recognized by KK app

And on "dumb old phone with originnal Thai sim receiving OTPasword and sms messages .....

That is making probanly the problem to starting using a newer O.S android phone as i am 8000 kilomere away from Any KK branch to link the phone  i guess ....

I load regulary my Thai sim by KK money

Edited by david555

I have a galaxy a9 android 8...........are the bank going to buy me a new phone....No? Didn't think so.

I am in one of the MEA areas  when I log in on my PC there is no facility to pay my Electric with Kbiz.

I also have K+  on my phone which does have the MEA facility but every time I try to pay I get the message...we can not bla bla at this time please try later.

My BKK bank account also does not have an online facility for PEA which covers 85% plus  of Thai users.

Nearest 7/11 and atm 20km away

Edited by Tanlic

56 minutes ago, david555 said:

oh  no problem to reach them as i kept my AIS sim alive aswel as my KK bank regulary checking from my home country sim ....., strange enough by using my European sim ....,( as Thai sim in a spare dumb phone )...., so on my originall used smartphone from years ago to present time is linked with that Thai sim at KK branch .

Now working on same Smartphone using KK app with home country sim (?) ....and working by WIFI using  ,(not by phoneline however ), so must be the imei number seems recognized by KK app

And on "dumb old phone with originnal Thai sim receiving OTPasword and sms messages .....

That is making probanly the problem to starting using a newer O.S android phone as i am 8000 kilomere away from Any KK branch to link the phone  i guess ....

I load regulary my Thai sim by KK money

no problem using a phone outside of thailand using wifi or data sim, the problem is installing a banking app on a new phone outside of Thailand 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

no problem using a phone outside of thailand using wifi or data sim, the problem is installing a banking app on a new phone outside of Thailand 

That is exactly what i try to say .......so impossible to use a newer Smartphone OR upgrading the older linked Smartphone .....GRRRR ! hence a problem for the outside Thailand foreigners now with Android 8.0 , as needed to be at KK branch to do the new phone with higher Android ( minimum 9.0 ) linking .....

So after 6 February only possible using by PC/Tablet online banking , and hoping in case a OTP needed watching that on the dumb phone (no wifi or data possible ) as before worked ) as that received always sms or  OTP

Edited by david555

7 hours ago, david555 said:

That is exactly what i try to say .......so impossible to use a newer Smartphone OR upgrading the older linked Smartphone .....GRRRR !

No, it's not straight forward but can be done, i posted what needs to be done further up

On 1/23/2024 at 5:32 PM, Tanlic said:

BKK bank account also does not have an online facility for PEA which covers 85% plus  of Thai users.

Use the PEA app.  You may have to download the app APK to install it overseas.