Big cat cruising

snoop1130

Screenshot-2024-01-23-154225-1024x474.png

A Thai woman has been identified as the owner of a young lion, recently taken on a ride in a convertible in Pattaya.

Atthaphon Charoenchansa, the director-general of the Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation, said that the woman, Sawangjit Kosoongnern, is the legally registered owner of the animal in Ratchaburi province.

She has asked the department for permission to move the lion to Pattaya, in Chonburi province, but the request has not yet been approved.

“Therefore, Sawangjit did violate laws concerning the taking of a wild animal out in public and moving its location without prior permission. She could face a jail term of up to six months and/or a fine of up to Bt50,000,” explained Atthaphon.

The driver of the convertible was Sawangjit’s Indian friend.

Department officials had been instructed to locate the person who took a cat for a ride in his convertible in Pattaya, after a video clip of the excursion went viral.

The clip was posted on the Facebook page of Ann Isan Russia with a caption which read “This is Pattaya!”

Full story: Thai PBS 2024-01-23

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us today!

• Confused 3
  • Sad 12
  • Haha 2

Thai Government Officials to Probe Tourist Riding in Convertible with Lion Cub in Pattaya
By Tanakorn Panyadee

image.jpeg

PHOTO: Khaosod

Pattaya — The Thai National Parks Department is launching an investigation into a foreign man who was spotted driving through the street of Pattaya in a Bentley, accompanied by what appears to be a lion cub in the back seat.

The incident came to light from a viral TikTok video posted by a user named “Ann Isaan Russia (แอน อีสานรัสเซีย)”. The clip clearly depicted a white lion sitting in a luxurious open-roof Bentley, traversing on the busy street of Pattaya.

In the footage, several motorists appeared concerned and somewhat apprehensive about the lion’s presence, given the proximity between them and the animal. However, the lion itself seemed calm and domesticated and appeared to have a collar and leash.

In response to the incident, Mr. Atthaphon Charoenchansa, the Director-General of the Department of National Parks, immediately assigned relevant officials to investigate the incident.

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-01-24

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us today!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 6
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Not sure what all the fuss is about, I take my pet lion out in my Bentley convertible daily 🤣

Should up-date to a Roller, and a diamond necklace for the Lion. :smile:

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Should up-date to a Roller, and a diamond necklace for the Lion. :smile:

I always though Bentleys were like a rich man's roller, with a bit more umphfff.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

4 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

The lion is in Bentley, go figure.....

Talk about wearing your insecurity on your sleeve.... so utterly stupid, whether legal or not.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

Unfortunately, probably already has been declawed by selfish owners.

Owners will probably lose interest eventually and have it shot on a fake hunt by other rich a-holes.

If the cat is going to be clambering around over the aniline hides seats in the Bentley, I would like to think so!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sig said:

Talk about wearing your insecurity on your sleeve.... so utterly stupid, whether legal or not.

We talking bout the Thai lady who owns the cat or the Indian driver ?

• Like 1

I remember seeing one for sale in a Thai exotic pets group for a million baht years and years ago. You can buy caracals from a breeder in Bangkok too. If you wanted a lion I don't think it would be difficult to sort out. Not ideal though having a lion in the condo.