Big cat cruising

snoop1130

3 hours ago, oustaristocrats said:

I think it is much more interested for Thai tax investigators from country Revenue & Customs or Internal Revenue Service Criminal Investigation Division, to take a closer look at money flow of the Lion owner where his possessions originate from

Why? There are many much more expensive luxuries in Thailand, is there any suggestion that the lion cub's owner is money laundering, for example, or are you just advocating that everyone with possessions worth more than that car are investigated by the Revenue Dept?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, it is not if it is registered.

Yes, it is. Registered or not, because it's not species appropriate. WWF will tell you. Or UNCAHP or PETA. Strange that you don't know that.😵‍💫

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, it is. Registered or not, because it's not species appropriate. WWF will tell you. Or UNCAHP or PETA. Strange that you don't know that.

No, it is not illegal in Thailand if the animal is registered.   WWF, UNAHP or PETA (good grief) will not tell you the rules in Thailand.  Strange that you do not know that.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I always though Bentleys were like a rich man's roller, with a bit more umphfff.

heftier repair bills too, though maybe not so much given rolls association with BMW

6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, it is not illegal in Thailand if the animal is registered.   WWF, UNAHP or PETA (good grief) will not tell you the rules in Thailand.  Strange that you do not know that.

You don't know that it's called UNCAHP ???? Strange, strange, strange 🥴

• Sad 2

Just now, newbee2022 said:
6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

If you can't read and understand I can't help you.

I do not you to "help me"!  Read the links accompanying this thread in which it is confirmed that lions can be privately owned in Thailand with authorisation and registration.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:
11 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You don't know that it's called UNCAHP ???? Strange, strange, strange

You don't know that was a typo?  Did you know that multiple question marks is ridiculous, not conventional nor recognised?  Strange. 

UNCAHP does not specifically state anywhere that the keeping of lions privately is illegal in Thailand.  Neither does WWF or PETA (not that PETA has any authority on anything).   Strange that you don't know that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

Yes, it is. Registered or not, because it's not species appropriate. WWF will tell you. Or UNCAHP or PETA. Strange that you don't know that.😵‍💫

Huh? None of those organizations have any ability to control the laws of sovereign nation. And international law can only, just barely, prosecute the worst of the worst genocidal maniacs. It relies on the laws of sovereign nations to prosecute animal traffickers. If a nation has a law that says you can, there is zero any of the above organizations can dodo other than harass individuals. 

Edited by mikebike
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Not sure what all the fuss is about, I take my pet lion out in my Bentley convertible daily 🤣

But have you got.........

image.jpeg.4660e496eb0dc8e7da569d5cb258b1d5.jpeg

2 hours ago, mikebike said:

Huh? None of those organizations have any ability to control the laws of sovereign nation. And international law can only, just barely, prosecute the worst of the worst genocidal maniacs. It relies on the laws of sovereign nations to prosecute animal traffickers. If a nation has a law that says you can, there is zero any of the above organizations can dodo other than harass individuals. 

I agree. And I did not stress the ability to interfere in Thai laws.🙏

19 hours ago, mrfill said:

Bentleys are posh Volkswagens. Rollers are posh BMWs.

Still a tough decision..... VWs have a benign reputation, BMWs are twxts cars, always parked where they shouldn't be!

21 hours ago, sikishrory said:

I remember seeing one for sale in a Thai exotic pets group for a million baht years and years ago. You can buy caracals from a breeder in Bangkok too. If you wanted a lion I don't think it would be difficult to sort out. Not ideal though having a lion in the condo.

As the joke goes, when it gets older, it will sleep  where it wants to!

17 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Unusual look, doesn't look like any of the other thousands of indians I've seen

Thairath identified him as being a 53 year old Sri Lankan businessman who had left the country on Monday 22 January 2024.

20 minutes ago, gomangosteen said:

Thairath identified him as being a 53 year old Sri Lankan businessman who had left the country on Monday 22 January 2024.

The little cub probably slept at his feet in the plane ride over.    Emotional support animal, doncha know.

Was the previous owner named Mrs. Slocombe?

Edited by tjintx

On 1/24/2024 at 4:12 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

You don't know that was a typo?  Did you know that multiple question marks is ridiculous, not conventional nor recognised?  Strange. 

UNCAHP does not specifically state anywhere that the keeping of lions privately is illegal in Thailand.  Neither does WWF or PETA (not that PETA has any authority on anything).   Strange that you don't know that.

Here is the answer for your stupid reply:

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2730649/three-face-charges-over-pattaya-lion-incident

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:
On 1/24/2024 at 2:37 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

stupid reply!

Here is the answer:

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2730649/three-face-charges-over-pattaya-lion-incident

Thank you for confirming that I'm not the one posting "stupid replies". 

That article  that you linked (you need to read the forum rules, specifically No. 16) refers to the registration of such animals and confirms that there are several registered.  Registering the animal and obtaining authority to keep them makes it legal.