Unused gyms in Jomtien/Pattaya?

QuantumQuandry

I used love Jomtien gym but they had no lockers or showers 

I don't even think they had a toilet but I loved the Iranian owner 

Then there the Russian gym currently for sale further down 

Oh it's fantastic so many gyms , thankyou Pattaya gym owners 

Edited by georgegeorgia

25 minutes ago, sungod said:

Not quite sure whats funny about the Wim Hof video, perhaps the person who left the childish emoji could explain?

The older generation are very childish unfortunately

That was a fantastic video ,thankyou for putting it up 👍

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sungod said:

Not quite sure whats funny about the Wim Hof video, perhaps the person who left the childish emoji could explain?

Don't let the trolls bother you....... 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Don't let the trolls bother you....... 

Not too bothered, more of a hint to the powers that be that this anonymous emoji practice needs looking at

3 minutes ago, sungod said:

Not too bothered, more of a hint to the powers that be that this anonymous emoji practice needs looking at

I have done that a couple of times.... not really helped. The anonymity is the issue.....  although mods get to see who posted them. 

5 hours ago, sungod said:

Don't let it bother you , i get abusive replies all the time to my posts and even personal messages that I should be posting on a "opposite" forum .

There is a hidden agenda to that ,they are sometimes trolls /stirrers from  "opposition/competition" forums that come here to create problems, don't take it personally .

Edited by georgegeorgia

On 1/26/2024 at 12:36 AM, Woof999 said:

Don't have a direct answer to your question, but I might be moving soon and have some decent, new, home gym equipment that I don't really want to take with me (Smith machine, treadmill and exercise bike) if that's an option for you and you have the space. . Wont post any more info about it right now as I believe I need mods approval.

I'd be interested in the treadmill.

On Jomtien 2nd road right past the "Revenue Building" there are a few small View Talay buildings. They are only like 4 stories high. In the building closest to the revenue department there is a gym in the basement that is very inexpensive and has pretty good equipment. Before I quit and got fat there were only to 3 or 4 people there in the morning when I went there at 8 am. And, most of the people are not weight lifters but people just trying to stay in shape.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billaaa777 said:

On Jomtien 2nd road right past the "Revenue Building" there are a few small View Talay buildings. They are only like 4 stories high. In the building closest to the revenue department there is a gym in the basement that is very inexpensive and has pretty good equipment. Before I quit and got fat there were only to 3 or 4 people there in the morning when I went there at 8 am. And, most of the people are not weight lifters but people just trying to stay in shape.

That sounds like a great lead.  Thank you.  I will see if I can find it.

Is it this one?  Koni fitness?

image.png.6f528eeb79f292121b4ed4232b73d624.png

image.png.55d63325fa50270d89c72ee57c38b1cb.png

Edited by QuantumQuandry

On 1/27/2024 at 3:22 PM, QuantumQuandry said:

First off, thank you for all the replies!  Some clarifications:

She gets cardio exercise.  She does 30-60 minutes at home most nights and I take her out on beach walks a few times a week.  I think that resistance training has additional benefits, though:

1. For depression/anxiety, resistance training has showed a profound effect.

2. Getting out of the house has benefits.

3. Having a routine she can do with a friend.

She is anxious about people looking at her.  Any outdoor areas is going to be worse than just going to an indoor gym, I think.  She doesn't even want ME looking at her when she does cardio at home.  Says it 'makes her weak'.

Yes, a ladies gym, if not too busy, would probably be ok.  And that location would be great, too!  Any idea what it's called?  I haven't seen one like that but that would be spot on.  She does YouTube cardio, already, and I take her out on long walks.

That's what I am trying to do! 🙂 She's Filipina.  She's pretty fit (and knows how to weight train, as well, if we find an appropriate gym).  Don't want to derail my own thread but let's just say, it's definitely psychological and we are trying to address it, both with meds and behavioral changes (like finding a gym she can handle).

I will probably give up my nice apartment in 6 months, when my lease ends, if I have to, just to get her a condo gym.  Would be better if we can find something before then.  But it is what it is.

Thanks again for the assistance.

did you miss my post about Human Strong on Soi 4 Pratamnuk?  I think it could work for her.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

did you miss my post about Human Strong on Soi 4 Pratamnuk?  I think it could work for her.

I think I may have erroneously lumped it in with the other open air gyms that were being suggested but looking it up now, I see that it's not.  Thank you very much for bringing it back to my attention, I will check that one out, as well.  👍

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/1/2024 at 11:46 AM, QuantumQuandry said:

I think I may have erroneously lumped it in with the other open air gyms that were being suggested but looking it up now, I see that it's not.  Thank you very much for bringing it back to my attention, I will check that one out, as well.  👍

My pleasure to help.

Never see people in it during day.  It's ghost town like.  Maybe aft 4 it gets people and maybe very early before work.