Swiss Tourist Attacked by Buffalo Bear While Feeding in Chiang Dao

webfact

..."The Swiss man then took out a knife and cut off his arm in a bid to save his life."....

That Swiss man had some balls to cut of his arm.  RERSPECT !!!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Swiss man sacrifices arm in bear attack
by Petch Petpailin 

image.jpeg
Photo via Facebook/ ข่าวช่องวัน

A Swiss man cut off his right arm as a bear locked his teeth onto his arm and stubbornly refused to release its grip while he was volunteering at a wildlife foundation in the northern province of Chiang Mai.

The 32 year old Swiss man is in a private hospital in Chiang Mai province after being attacked by the Asian black bear at the wildlife foundation in Chiang Dao district of the province yesterday, January 25.

ThaiRath reported that the Swiss man was feeding the bear in its cage. He stuck his right arm into the cage to place food on a tray and was immediately attacked by the bear. He tried to get his arm back but the bear would not let him go.

The Swiss man then took out a knife and cut off his arm in a bid to save his life. Prompted by the urgency of the situation, fellow members of the foundation swiftly administered first aid and transported him to Chiang Dao Hospital, from where he was later transferred to a private hospital in the province’s central area.

Full story: The Thaiger 2024-01-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

Ha ha ha,good job he didn't poke his nob through the bars.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

On January 25th, news broke of a foreign man, Mr. Stefan Claudio Specogna, aged 32 and a Swiss national, sustaining injuries to his right arm from a buffalo bear at his residence......

who writes or edits these things?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

And, thankfully, so rarely seen on this forum!

But black humour is not so rare. There are still those that have the fortune to have grown up with and enjoy dark humour. Especially us Brits. I'm surprised at your comment Lou. Scouser are renown for their humour, black or otherwise. But of course we have to get on the politically correct bandwagon and be offended.:wink:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

But black humour is not so rare. There are still those that have the fortune to have grown up with and enjoy dark humour. Especially us Brits. I'm surprised at your comment Lou. Scouser are renown for their humour, black or otherwise. But of course we have to get on the politically correct bandwagon and be offended.:wink:

The Swiss man said "I've fed bears before and I was just keeping my hand in.":wink:

• Haha 1

This kind of thing happens frequently at the national parks in the US. People seem to equate an animal being cute with an animal being nice. Big mistake. These animals can be vicious and they do not care about humans one iota. Why should they? So exercise your survival instincts and be smart. Being dumb or spectacularly ignorant around animals rarely pays off. 

My guess is he will never forget this lesson. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gandtee said:
6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

And, thankfully, so rarely seen on this forum!

But black humour is not so rare. There are still those that have the fortune to have grown up with and enjoy dark humour. Especially us Brits. I'm surprised at your comment Lou. Scouser are renown for their humour, black or otherwise. But of course we have to get on the politically correct bandwagon and be offended

Shame that you didn't recognise my sarcasm and, sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not a Scouser.

6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Shame that you didn't recognise my sarcasm and, sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not a Scouser.

If it was sarcasm, I apologise.. Not  Scouser? Nevermind.:wink:

6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Buffalo bear is the literal translation of the Thai word for the species,"Miikwai".

Not to be confused with a real or imaginary buffalo that has as many lives as an Issaan bar fraulein has casual acquaintances from far flung foreign lands, dying multiple deaths in its sacrifice on the altar, sorry, Al Tar Machine.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, itsari said:

The unfortunate man was a volunteer worker. Are you having difficulty to read ?

I was referring to the headline. Who has difficulties reading now? Just take a step back.