Swiss Tourist Attacked by Buffalo Bear While Feeding in Chiang Dao

webfact

7 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

Did the bear have a work permit?

The question is did the volunteer have a work permit. Volunteers are required to have a work permit in Thailand. 

The bear was obviously on a long term overstay since '93 and will likely do time, albeit in a caged enclosure 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, baz69er said:

Putting your arm into a cage with any wild animal is plain stupidity, so he was carrying a knife on him & cut his own arm off to break free? The picture of him looked like he still had most of his arm, maybe mauled his hand, whatever happened I'm sure it must of been horrific & hope he gets swift medical assistance, hope he has travel insurance.....

Should be charged with carrying a knife.

• Haha 2

Stupid head makes the whole body suffer they say. Or at least an arm. 

Still the question remains how can one be so stupid to put his arm inside bears gace, presumably voluntarily 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Have a good look at the picture,maybe lost a hand at most.

Cutting your own "appendages" off to save yourself is still a pretty gutsy thing to do  - arm, hand fingers - never mind the pedantics.

But there should have been someone close by to help sooner.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

Thai Daily News states he put his arm into the cage to feed the bear.

Also that his arm has been severed below the elbow; different to 'severely injured' as quoted in this report. That photo would suggest the former outcome.

Agree and blood would be pouring out through that shirt or whatever that is, also looks like I can see his fingers and knuckle through it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, baz69er said:

Putting your arm into a cage with any wild animal is plain stupidity, so he was carrying a knife on him & cut his own arm off to break free? The picture of him looked like he still had most of his arm, maybe mauled his hand, whatever happened I'm sure it must of been horrific & hope he gets swift medical assistance, hope he has travel insurance.....

I am not so sure that travel insurance would cover something like this as he is working as a volunteer, and surely you'd need special cover for bear feeding activities and injuries?

• Haha 2

Reporting at its finest, not.

must be a very tough volunteer to cut off any part of his arm or hand and walk seemingly unaided to the ambulance.

questions; was his arm in the bears jaws, where did he get the knife from , was he left handed or ambidextrous, cutting any part of the human body is extremely difficult without an extremely sharp blade, why no obvious signs of massive blood loss.

Conclusion, he probably got a bite and has no loss of any part of the body.

BUT don’t let facts stand in the way of a dramatic headline T I T 😄😄

• Thanks 1