Provisional Decision Today: ICJ Weighs Emergency Measures Amid Allegations of Genocide in Gaza

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Your full claim below which you have no link to.

My colleague in arms (he might disagree) just posted the link for your edification. If I were to post a link, that would be it. As you already admitted, the link had previous been posted and therefore I wonder why you are asking for another link now. I have frequently admonished you for using the link requirement to bludgeon people you disagree with when the subject matter was not very recent and to which a link had been posted previously. You continue in the same vein.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

What happened here? Next to nothing.

*  take all measures to prevent and punish those committing incitement to genocide.
* take immediate measure to provide humanitarian aid.

@ozimoron

Your original claim was wider. You've just move the goalposts, as you often do when you can't back up your statements.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

If you want the proper wording of the order here is the actual wording:

THE COURT,
Indicates the following provisional measures: By fifteen votes to two,

The State of Israel shall, in accordance with its obligations under the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide, in relation to Palestinians in Gaza, take all measures within its power to prevent the commission of all acts within the scope of Article II of this Convention, in particular:

(a) killing members of the group;
(b) causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
(c) deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; and
(d) imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;

By fifteen votes to two,

The State of Israel shall ensure with immediate effect that its military does not commit any acts described in point 1 above

By sixteen votes to one,

The State of Israel shall take all measures within its power to prevent and punish the direct and public incitement to commit genocide in relation to members of the Palestinian group in the Gaza Strip;

By sixteen votes to one,

The State of Israel shall take immediate and effective measures to enable the provision of urgently needed basic services and humanitarian assistance to address the adverse conditions of life faced by Palestinians in the Gaza Strip; 

By fifteen votes to two,

The State of Israel shall take effective measures to prevent the destruction and ensure the preservation of evidence related to allegations of acts within the scope of Article II and Article III of the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide against members of the Palestinian group in the Gaza Strip;

By fifteen votes to two,

The State of Israel shall submit a report to the Court on all measures taken to give effect to this Order within one month as from the date of this Order.

"take all measures within its power"

That's a reference to relevant international law, which recognizes the limits of precautions and acknowledged uninvolved people may die in wars. If the ICJ's ruling was what the other poster have claimed, there would have been a clear order to stop the fighting. There was not such.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

My colleague in arms (he might disagree) just posted the link for your edification. If I were to post a link, that would be it. As you already admitted, the link had previous been posted and therefore I wonder why you are asking for another link now. I have frequently admonished you for using the link requirement to bludgeon people you disagree with when the subject matter was not very recent and to which a link had been posted previously. You continue in the same vein.

Nonsense, you made specific claims and are unable to back them and now your usual deflection.

59 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The ICJ absolutely ordered Israel to stop killing civilians. It has not done so, not has it fulfilled any other of the orders the ICJ made, in particular allowing humanitarian aid

Where did you pick up that information from?

• Thanks 1

Between 7 October 2023 and 12:00 on 26 January 2024, at least 26,083 Palestinians were killed in Gaza and 64,487 Palestinians were injured, according to the MoH.

https://reliefweb.int/report/occupied-palestinian-territory/hostilities-gaza-strip-and-israel-flash-update-103-enhe

The health ministry in Hamas-run Gaza said Sunday at least 27,365 people have been killed in the territory during the war between Palestinian militants and Israel.

https://www.barrons.com/news/health-ministry-in-hamas-run-gaza-says-war-death-toll-at-27-365-76c9bafd

So if my maths are correct a further 1282 people have died since the Order was published.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Err probably limit wealth to an arbitrary maximum say 5 million dollars per person and extra kudos or status would be in the form of some sort of social credit that and kidnap the deflection police.

That's hilarious, albeit telling. You can do one thing, but your greed compels you to grab two. 

So, with your one wish do you: Eradicate hunger? No.

Reverse global warming? No.

Worldwide universal healthcare? No. 

Develop nuclear fusion to provide unlimited clean, cheap energy? No.

Cure cancer? No. 

What's the best you can come up with? Punish the rich. 

"So long as the gap is smaller, they'd rather have the poor poorer."

Incidentally, how many cups of coffee will a "social credit" get me, and what are the "defection police"?

2 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Between 7 October 2023 and 12:00 on 26 January 2024, at least 26,083 Palestinians were killed in Gaza and 64,487 Palestinians were injured, according to the MoH.

https://reliefweb.int/report/occupied-palestinian-territory/hostilities-gaza-strip-and-israel-flash-update-103-enhe

The health ministry in Hamas-run Gaza said Sunday at least 27,365 people have been killed in the territory during the war between Palestinian militants and Israel.

https://www.barrons.com/news/health-ministry-in-hamas-run-gaza-says-war-death-toll-at-27-365-76c9bafd

So if my maths are correct a further 1282 people have died since the Order was published.

How many of them were Hamas men?

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Nonsense, you made specific claims and are unable to back them and now your usual deflection.

Where did you pick up that information from?

I posted a video about the lack of humanitarian aid and the numbers of children having amputations without anaesthetic. I can post these videos but I can't make you watch them. In fact, I noted that you replied about one well within the time I posted the link and the duration of the video. Now you have the temerity to ask me for links.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

I posted a video about the lack of humanitarian aid and the numbers of children having amputations without anaesthetic. I can post these videos but I can't make you watch them. In fact, I noted that you replied about one well withing the time I posted the link and the duration of the video. Now you have the temerity to ask me for links.

So no links to your claims again then, just more deflection

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

The ICJ absolutely ordered Israel to stop killing civilians. It has not done so, not has it fulfilled any other of the orders the ICJ made, in particular allowing humanitarian aid

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

So no links to your claims again then, just more deflection

What part of already posted do you not understand? One was on the previous page and you admitted the other link had already been posted.

• Agree 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

What part of already posted do you not understand? One was on the previous page and you admitted the other link had already been posted.

Stop the lies, you made fresh claims, including it was not fulfilling "any" of the orders

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Stop the lies, you made fresh claims, including it was not fulfilling "any" of the orders

Clearly my opinion, no? Have you read anywhere that Israel has made concrete steps to fulfill "any" of the orders? No, nor have I. But I have posted links to show that violations are continuing. You are being pedantic to the extreme.

I made no fresh claims. I said I have seen no motion towards punishing those who incited genocide. The court clearly believes those people exist. In fact the court quoted them before making it's orders. They are senior Israeli officials.

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Or were Hamas women and children, or actually civilians that were aiding and abetting Hamas? 

9 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

78%

No link to what you claim, so we can disregard your answers, yes?

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Clearly my opinion, no? Have you read anywhere that Israel has made concrete steps to fulfill "any" of the orders? No, nor have I. But I have posted links to show that violations are continuing. You are being pedantic to the extreme.

I made no fresh claims. I said I have seen no motion towards punishing those who incited genocide. The court clearly believes those people exist. In fact the court quoted them before making it's orders. They are senior Israeli officials.

Its not up to me to find links to read it, gave you enough opportunities.  reported

• Like 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Its not up to me to find links to read it, gave you enough opportunities.  reported

One was on the previous page and the other was on the same page. You can't claim links weren't provided if you haven't read them. If I were to go further I would be in breach of the rules. I give up. I said it before, it's like talking to a brick wall.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

So first you claim you already posted the links, then when you get called on you claim it's just your opinion, nice. 

I have read many places that Israel has made concrete steps to fulfill all of the orders, I'm sorry you have not.

What I have not read was that Hamas has taken any steps to fulfill any of the orders, have you? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

So first you claim you already posted the links, then when you get called on you claim it's just your opinion, nice. 

I have read many places that Israel has made concrete steps to fulfill all of the orders, I'm sorry you have not.

What I have not read was that Hamas has taken any steps to fulfill any of the orders, have you?

Both can be true, My opinion is formed by the material I read.

Yes, I have read that Hamas has taken steps to fulfill the order. They said they would abide by the orders if Israel did so. Israel has not done so.

You have no clue whether I have read or not read anything.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

One was on the previous page and the other was on the same page. You can't claim links weren't provided if you haven't read them. If I were to go further I would be in breach of the rules. I give up. I said it before, it's like talking to a brick wall.

Its simple provide links next time your asked to do so. The rules are not brick walls if you follow them

5. You will not use ASEAN NOW to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. Topics or posts deemed to be scaremongering, deliberately misleading or which deliberately distort information will be removed. In factual areas such as news forums and current affairs topics member content that is claimed or portrayed as a fact should be supported by a link to a relevant reputable source.

• Agree 1

Israel has done nothing to satisfy the ICJ order and continues with the genocidal incitement. The monthly report can't come soon enough to save more Palestinian women and children, mothers having c section births without anaesthetic and children having limbs amputated without anaesthetic and no antobiotics. Barbaric war crimes. Israel will be a pariah nation for generations until Netanyahu and others named below are hauled before the ICC. 

But on Wednesday, South Africa’s foreign minister, Naledi Pandor, said Israel has so far ignored the ruling by killing hundreds more civilians in just a few days in Gaza.

Gallant was one of three Israeli officials criticised personally by the ICJ for comments they have made that could be deemed to incite genocide against Palestinians,

In fact, many government ministers, including National Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir and Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich, both from far-right parties in the ruling coalition, attended a settler conference in Jerusalem last Sunday calling for Israel to rebuild settlements in Gaza and establish more in the occupied West Bank.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/2/2/one-week-after-icj-ruling-is-israel-following-the-courts-orders

Edited by ozimoron
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, ozimoron said:

I posted a video about the lack of humanitarian aid and the numbers of children having amputations without anaesthetic. I can post these videos but I can't make you watch them. In fact, I noted that you replied about one well within the time I posted the link and the duration of the video. Now you have the temerity to ask me for links.

@ozimoron

You somehow seem to rule out the possibility that people see these clips or read articles in links beforehand. Let me set you straight on that - most of the stuff you post is not 'news' by the time you post it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Israel has done nothing to satisfy the ICJ order and continues with the genocidal incitement. The monthly report can't come soon enough to save more Palestinian women and children, mothers having c section births without anaesthetic and children having limbs amputated without anaesthetic and no antobiotics. Barbaric war crimes. Israel will be a pariah nation for generations until Netanyahu and others named below are hauled before the ICC. 

But on Wednesday, South Africa’s foreign minister, Naledi Pandor, said Israel has so far ignored the ruling by killing hundreds more civilians in just a few days in Gaza.

Gallant was one of three Israeli officials criticised personally by the ICJ for comments they have made that could be deemed to incite genocide against Palestinians,

In fact, many government ministers, including National Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir and Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich, both from far-right parties in the ruling coalition, attended a settler conference in Jerusalem last Sunday calling for Israel to rebuild settlements in Gaza and establish more in the occupied West Bank.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/2/2/one-week-after-icj-ruling-is-israel-following-the-courts-orders

So your first paragraph is your made up claims. You should identify the quotes from the link article otherwise one could think it was all included.

The rest, supplied by Al Jazeera who are funded by Qatar who also fund their favorite terrorists Hamas. Has AJ still got terrorist journalists working for it?

• Like 1

@ozimoron

Clearly how? You rarely differentiate between your opinion and facts, or bother to qualify your posts.

Moving the goalposts, then denying it is also a thing with you.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

So your first paragraph is your made up claims. You should identify the quotes from the link article otherwise one could think it was all included.

The rest, supplied by Al Jazeera who are funded by Qatar who also fund their favorite terrorists Hamas. Has AJ still got terrorist journalists working for it?

It's not up to me to point out which parts (always the first sentences if any) are included in the link. It's up to you to read the link.

Whether AJ has ever had terrorists working for it is off topic and I have no cliue why you are asking me that question. .

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Both can be true, My opinion is formed by the material I read.

Yes, I have read that Hamas has taken steps to fulfill the order. They said they would abide by the orders if Israel did so. Israel has not done so.

You have no clue whether I have read or not read anything.

@ozimoron

What steps has Hamas taken? Where did you read that?

Not talking about saying it will, but about actions.

@ozimoron

So as usual, you keep repeating a talking point (regardless of it being factual or not) on and on, in the hope of it getting an 'improved' status.

You cannot support your claims, so you just repeat them on loop, while deflecting and obfuscating all the while.

It's how you roll.

Citing AJ on matters Israel is a choice.

A previous comment from Admin/Moderator about using AJ as a source seem to go ignored - but when it suits some deflection, you claim providing more links would be against forum rules...funny that.

• Thumbs Up 1