Provisional Decision Today: ICJ Weighs Emergency Measures Amid Allegations of Genocide in Gaza

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Rubbish, since when do you make the rules here? Wasting my time so get back to me when you have a link to your claim. Every poster could use  perfidy as their disclaimer and never provide links again. 

Time to come back down to earth

Perfidy is a war crime. This was perfidy. Simples. End of.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Perfidy is a war crime. This was perfidy. Simples. End of.

Link to the war crime? You have not provided evidence to this war crime. What war crime? 

3 terrorists were killed, no civilians were injured. 

image.png.9be52290398190ee8f2910a5987290f4.png

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Link to the war crime? You have not provided evidence to this war crime. What war crime? 

3 terrorists were killed, no civilians were injured. 

If you want to claim this wasn't perfidy just say so. This deliberate obfuscation fools nobody. I'm not being trite here, you simply refuse to discuss whether a perfidy has been committed here or not.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

My remark was in response to your previous remark when you stated what you stated above. When do you believe some fact from the past qualifies as a "history lesson"? How far back do you think you could go without breaking the rules? 

You was actually replying to someone else , I was just making the  point of that your history lesson of there being 10 % Jewish population before Israel was formed is actually incorrect and the correct figure was 32 %

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

If you want to claim this wasn't perfidy just say so. This deliberate obfuscation fools nobody. I'm not being trite here, you simply refuse to discuss whether a perfidy has been committed here or not.

Pathetic, I have no need to discuss anything, you have a need to deflect because you know you have no link to back up your ridiculous claims again.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, WDSmart said:
10 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

It was 32 % , the land had a Jewish population of 32 % before Israel became a Country .

BTW, can you remember what the rules are about history lessens ? 

My remark was in response to your previous remark when you stated what you stated above. When do you believe some fact from the past qualifies as a "history lesson"? How far back do you think you could go without breaking the rules? 

Also, even if the Jewish population was 32% in whatever timeframe you're referencing, that means 65% of the population was non-Jewish, undoubtedly mostly Palestinians (Arab Muslims). There would have been some Christians, too, but not many.

In any event, why would the UN create the state of Israel and give this land to the Jews? I know part of the answer to that is they wanted to somehow make up for the horrible events involving Jews in WW2, but giving them a state in which they make up only about 1/3 of the population doesn't make sense to me. And then, of course, there are all the events that happened since then which have resulted in the native people, Palestinians, pushed into two small areas, and the rest of the state filled up with Jewish immigrants from all over the world.

Can you really blame the Palestinians for being angry? 

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Pathetic, I have no need to discuss anything, you have a need to deflect because you know you have no link to back up your ridiculous claims again.

Me providing a link is what set this whole argument off yet you fall back on your usual attack modus operandi of asking for links to justify opinions.

In my opinion this was perfidy. I provided evidence to support my claim. You won't even go there to discuss the core issue. Just ask for a link.

The wiki link clearly stated that perfidy was a war crime. I have thereby proved that perfidy is a war crime. I am alleging that this act was one of perfidy.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

Me providing a link is what set this whole argument off yet you fall back on your usual attack modus operandi of asking for links to justify opinions.

In my opinion this was perfidy. I provided evidence to support my claim. You won't even go there to discuss the core issue. Just ask for a link.

image.png.303a261f10c7db10e79356e58f6e4747.png

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I'm not deflecting. I'm helping everyone understand what "perfidy" means. If they would, they would then know why it could be classified as a war crime.

If known Hamas terrorists are hiding out in a hospital and planning attacks from there , Israel can either bomb the hospital or use its special forces soldiers to go into the hospital and get the terrorists individually .

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You was actually replying to someone else , I was just making the  point of that your history lesson of there being 10 % Jewish population before Israel was formed is actually incorrect and the correct figure was 32 %

At the risk of irritating our moderator, I'll post a table that I copied from Wikipedia that shows the population of Palestine since 1922. I won't post the whole table or the link, (I'll provide that in a Mail if you'd like), to keep from posting links to "history lessons." 

The population figures are in "thousands"

Year Jews Christians Muslims Total

1922 84 71 589 752
1931 175 89 760 1,033
1947 630 143 1,181 1,970

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

If known Hamas terrorists are hiding out in a hospital and planning attacks from there , Israel can either bomb the hospital or use its special forces soldiers to go into the hospital and get the terrorists individually .

Both of which, IMO, are war crimes. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, WDSmart said:

You've been shouting "WAR CRIMES" for the last 3 months , you've labelled many things as being war crimes , now that a war crime may have actually happened , no one takes much notice as you have previously over used the word .

*The boy who cried Wolf*

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Can you not follow rules ?

You know what the rules are , but you ignore the rules and just post what you want 

No wonder you support Hamas, as they behave similarly and also ignore all the rules 

What do you think the rules are? That someone cannot disagree with you? You stated the percentages first. I disagreed since you only referred to it as "before the state of Israel" or something like that. The percentages of the population changed over time. If you want to specify a specific date, I could probably find the percentages at that date. And, you could too. 

My point was there were more non-Jews living in Palestine than Jews when the UN created the state of Israel. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You've been shouting "WAR CRIMES" for the last 3 months , you've labelled many things as being war crimes , now that a war crime may have actually happened , no one takes much notice as you have previously over used the word .

*The boy who cried Wolf*

I don't think I've ever used the term "war crimes" in any of my posts until today. I may have, but that is not a phrase I usually use. IMO, both Israel and Palestine in the past, and now Hamas and the IDF, have committed heinous acts against each other in the horrible conflict. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Can you not follow rules ?

You know what the rules are , but you ignore the rules and just post what you want 

No wonder you support Hamas, as they behave similarly and also ignore all the rules 

And, I do not support Hamas. I do support the Palestinians' struggle against the Zionist forces of the Israelis. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

What do you think the rules are? That someone cannot disagree with you? You stated the percentages first. I disagreed since you only referred to it as "before the state of Israel" or something like that. The percentages of the population changed over time. If you want to specify a specific date, I could probably find the percentages at that date. And, you could too. 

My point was there were more non-Jews living in Palestine than Jews when the UN created the state of Israel. 

You have been told the rules many many times , if you still don't know the rules and you need to ask, then there is no point in telling you what the rules are again .

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Your opinion is not supported by IHL International Humanitarian Law

"IHL allows for the killing of civilians when militarily necessary, subject to the principles of distinction and proportionality."

• Thanks 1

You have been told the rules many many times , if you still don't know the rules and you need to ask, then there is no point in telling you what the rules are again .

If you are referring to the rule of "no history lessons," then what were you doing when you posted the percentages of Jews living in Palestine before it became a state? You're the one who first posted that, not me. I just responded to it by disagreeing with it and posting what I thought was a more accurate figure. 

• Sad 1

Your opinion is not supported by IHL International Humanitarian Law

"IHL allows for the killing of civilians when militarily necessary, subject to the principles of distinction and proportionality."

If that's the wording, then the recent IDF bombings in Gaza do not comply with that. In fact, that's exactly what the charges against Israel are that the ICJ was reviewing.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

If that's the wording, then the recent IDF bombings in Gaza do not comply with that. In fact, that's exactly what the charges against Israel are that the ICJ was reviewing.  

Really, can you provide evidence to that, ICJ did not otherwise they would have insisted on a ceasefire.

Still for someone who calls Hamas freedom fighters I expected nothing else

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You are losing the plot .

You are the one who posted the incorrect figure of there being 10 % Jews on the land before Israel was created in 1948 , I just corrected you stating that the figure was actually 32 % and not 10 %

You then posted a graph to show that I was correct in the 32 % figure whilst somehow also claiming that I was wrong about the 32 % figure 

The 10% (actually 9%) figure was before 1948, and what I said was correct. The 32% figure was probably just before or the same date that the UN created the state of Israel. 

• Sad 1

Really, can you provide evidence to that, ICJ did not otherwise they would have insisted on a ceasefire.

Still for someone who calls Hamas freedom fighters I expected nothing else

I don't recall ever referring to Hamas as "freedom fighters," but I do believe they are fighting to drive the Israelis out of what they believe is their country. 

• Sad 1

I don't recall ever referring to Hamas as "freedom fighters," but I do believe they are fighting to drive the Israelis out of what they believe is their country. 

Numerous times actually, here's one

image.png.4b8b9c0598c780e278dcf0647faca91c.png

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

The 10% (actually 9%) figure was before 1948, and what I said was correct. The 32% figure was probably just before or the same date that the UN created the state of Israel. 

There was a figure of 9 % Jews on the land at some time and that is because Jews were expelled from the land previously 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Numerous times actually, here's one

image.png.4b8b9c0598c780e278dcf0647faca91c.png

Both can be true at the same time. They can be both terrorists and freedom fighters. The terms are not mutually exclusive. Palestinians would call them freedom fighters and Israelis would call them terrorists. Why do I get a sense of deja vue?

As has been pointed out, they are unquestionably fighting for their freedom and keep saying so.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, WDSmart said:

I also believe acts like this are war crimes. I believe the indiscriminate bombing of Gaza is a war crime. And, just in case you think I'm overly biased, I also believe the Oct 7 by Hamas was a war crime.

The history of the state of Israel is raft with war crimes on both sides.

And now, it's just continuing... 🥹

What you believe is immaterial. War crimes are things decided by a legal process, not by posters announcing actions as such.